Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final cuts have started

Per Ryan O Jordan Tripp has been cut

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A little surprised only because they're down to 5
Dont they still have Sean Porter? would be their 6th LB, but cant imagine they are keeping him on the roster...

@HaysCarlyon Ryan Davis clinched 2 wins in 2013 (both vs. Texans). That accounts for a sixth of Bradley's 12 wins. #Jaguars cut him today.

Lol

Quote:Source - #jaguars cut LB Jordan Tripp.

Does Dave know what hes doing?

Pullard looked like the better player to me. I knew Pullard was making the roster.
No commercial messages in sigs

Versatility of Jack, Pullard probably have them confident not needing more.  Maybe keep an extra DT, DB instead.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Source - #jaguars cut LB Jordan Tripp.

Does Dave know what hes doing?
I don't think so. Jack, Ramsey, Jackson, ARob, Bortles, Hurns, Yeldon, Telvin, House, Linder, Cann.... They suck.

Quote:I don't think so. Jack, Ramsey, Jackson, ARob, Bortles, Hurns, Yeldon, Telvin, House, Linder, Cann.... They suck.

And 3 awful seasons.

Quote:I don't think so. Jack, Ramsey, Jackson, ARob, Bortles, Hurns, Yeldon, Telvin, House, Linder, Cann.... They suck.

Well obviously that was just dumb luck
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:And 3 awful seasons.

Dave's job is to assemble talent. He's doing that very well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 05:31 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:And 3 awful seasons.
1st, 2nd, an 3rd year players. Plus, what does our record have to do with talent? Thats on coaches...not GM. Dave has brought this org. from a dumpster fire to one of the most highly thought of rosters talent wise in the league.

Stop...

Kind of bummed about Tripp, I was a fan.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 05:33 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Ryan Davis is gone.

Can we really afford to get rid of pass rushers like them?

Quote:Wow. That has to be the first shocker.

It is the first shocker for me. I thought we would keep him and cut Chris Smith.

Quote:Sucks Ryan Davis got cut, hope he gets signed and balls out for another team. 

Not another AFC South team, hopefully.

Quote:Davis Move to LB didn't really workout and Holmes will most likely make it to PS, unless some team really loves him, which I doubt

Why did we move him to LB? He was a decent DT.

Probably means they are going heavier on the DL and in DBs.

I expected Tripp, Holmes, and Davis to make it, but that means we are cutting pretty good players. Good sign I think.

Quote:It is the first shocker for me. I thought we would keep him and cut Chris Smith.

Not another AFC South team, hopefully.

Why did we move him to LB? He was decent on the line.

Odrick, Malik, Miller, Fowler, Ngakoue, Sen, Day, Abry, etc. Is why he was moved. Too much talent along DL for him to make it.

Quote:Davis will be claimed for sure. Want to say Chicago for some reason. Seems like a fit and they play us early this year.

If he gets claimed by the Bears,  3-4 OLB probably would be his primary position. 

Quote:Probably means they are going heavier on the DL and in DBs.

I expected Tripp, Holmes, and Davis to make it, but that means we are cutting pretty good players. Good sign I think.

Only guy im completely bummed on is Holmes. Really liked that pick in draft and he has pass rush ability. We must think highly of ngakoue and fowler AND possibly see a couple targets on waivers. Idk, but that is one cut im a little torn on.

Not saying Holmes is good or anything yet as his production was against 3rd stringers, but theres potential there.

Quote:Probably means they are going heavier on the DL and in DBs.

Assuming these turn out to be cuts,  I can't remember the last time the Jags cuts were this high in quality.    All three of these players could easily be on 53 man rosters at some point this season.   I'm confident some Special Teams Coordinators will want to bring them on-board. 

Quote:Only guy im completely bummed on is Holmes. Really liked that pick in draft and he has pass rush ability. We must think highly of ngakoue and fowler AND possibly see a couple targets on waivers. Idk, but that is one cut im a little torn on.

Not saying Holmes is good or anything yet as his production was against 3rd stringers, but theres potential there.

I'm really hoping he sneaks onto PS

Quote:  If he gets claimed by the Bears,  3-4 OLB probably would be his primary position. 

Not arguing, but what has he done to show OLB is a better position for him?

Quote:Only guy im completely bummed on is Holmes. Really liked that pick in draft and he has pass rush ability. We must think highly of ngakoue and fowler AND possibly see a couple targets on waivers. Idk, but that is one cut im a little torn on.

I doubt he will be claimed. He will be on our PS. But you may onto something. Might be keeping an eye on the waiver wire for a potential LEO.