Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Fox Know Election Fraud Claims Were Lies?

(05-03-2023, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Growing up in rural Kansas was racial oblivion. Not only was it only white people, but the only time we saw people of any other race was on TV or when we went to Topeka. I don’t recollect talking to a black person until I was 13. I also don’t recollect any racist discussions with my friends or at school. It simply wasn’t brought up because we weren’t confronted with dealing with any other race, except Penny Hotchkiss who was adopted from Korea. But since she had always lived there no one gave her a second thought.

See that's what I mean, seems like the only ones really worried about racism is the actual racists.. Even a lot of the black people on Twitter don't care about all this "racism that's being offended on their behalf" nonsense.. 

If it isn't there, don't put it there.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-03-2023, 08:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Growing up in rural Kansas was racial oblivion. Not only was it only white people, but the only time we saw people of any other race was on TV or when we went to Topeka. I don’t recollect talking to a black person until I was 13. I also don’t recollect any racist discussions with my friends or at school. It simply wasn’t brought up because we weren’t confronted with dealing with any other race, except Penny Hotchkiss who was adopted from Korea. But since she had always lived there no one gave her a second thought.

See that's what I mean, seems like the only ones really worried about racism is the actual racists.. Even a lot of the black people on Twitter don't care about all this "racism that's being offended on their behalf" nonsense.. 

Thata not what that story means at all.  There may have been no racists in rural KS at that time, or many.  HB can't know because it didn't come up.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-03-2023, 08:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 08:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: See that's what I mean, seems like the only ones really worried about racism is the actual racists.. Even a lot of the black people on Twitter don't care about all this "racism that's being offended on their behalf" nonsense.. 

Thata not what that story means at all.  There may have been no racists in rural KS at that time, or many.  HB can't know because it didn't come up.

Whether it correlates to you or not, my statement still sticks and it's truth.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023, 10:59 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

Growing up around black folks, I've had to grapple with "how white people fight." Any Gen X'r who had to get in a fight when they were young were taught to fight one on one, don't hit a man when they go down, and don't throw the first punch. That was pretty much standard. This was culturally enforced. Now, growing up around black folks, some of them had that same standard, but it wasn't culturally enforced. How do you describe that cultural difference?

I am certain not all white folks were taught that, but almost no one speaks in specifics. We talk in ideas. Is there a better way to phrase it? Sure. I don't know if rephrasing it would convey the idea any better. I just don't see why everyone gets so bent out of shape about these things. The world is full of nuance... right up until we want to take advantage of that fact to justify our desire for power.

Also, none of those texts show that Fox KNEW they were lying. It's just people working at an organization that disagree with one another at times and are trying to figure out how to reconcile their differences. The only person that actually said anything bad about dominion that was an anchor was Lou Dobbs. The rest of these pundits just had guests on that said these things, and Tucker called Powell out for lying ON HIS SHOW. I don't know what else the dude can do.

That said, I admit that there seems to be some conflict in Tucker as to how he feels about Trump vs how his audience feels. He says he was just mad about January 6th and spoke out of passion, but I don't know if that's really the truth. I don't really think the general public should have access to his private tweets, though... not unless he did something illegal. I have friends where I curb my inner thoughts to keep from offending them. How much more does that play into the mind of an individual that has an audience? Personally, I would prefer a higher standard, but, as a person who has only watched Tucker in interviews, I think he seems like a pretty well-meaning dude. I would never bet anything on it, though. All of these people seem to be a little narcissistic.

(05-03-2023, 10:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Growing up around black folks, I've had to grapple with "how white people fight." Any Gen X'r who had to get in a fight when they were young were taught to fight one on one, don't hit a man when they go down, and don't throw the first punch. That was pretty much standard. This was culturally enforced. Now, growing up around black folks, some of them had that same standard, but it wasn't culturally enforced. How do you describe that cultural difference?

I am certain not all white folks were taught that, but almost no one speaks in specifics. We talk in ideas. Is there a better way to phrase it? Sure. I don't know if rephrasing it would convey the idea any better. I just don't see why everyone gets so bent out of shape about these things. The world is full of nuance... right up until we want to take advantage of that fact to justify our desire for power.

Also, none of those texts show that Fox KNEW they were lying. It's just people working at an organization that disagree with one another at times and are trying to figure out how to reconcile their differences. The only person that actually said anything bad about dominion that was an anchor was Lou Dobbs. The rest of these pundits just had guests on that said these things, and Tucker called Powell out for lying ON HIS SHOW. I don't know what else the dude can do.

That said, I admit that there seems to be some conflict in Tucker as to how he feels about Trump vs how his audience feels. He says he was just mad about January 6th and spoke out of passion, but I don't know if that's really the truth. I don't really think the general public should have access to his private tweets, though... not unless he did something illegal. I have friends where I curb my inner thoughts to keep from offending them. How much more does that play into the mind of an individual that has an audience? Personally, I would prefer a higher standard, but, as a person who has only watched Tucker in interviews, I think he seems like a pretty well-meaning dude. I would never bet anything on it, though. All of these people seem to be a little narcissistic.
Tucker is probably in the center to right for the most part. He isn't far right and neither is Trump. He's been friendly with Hunter and plenty of liberals. On the air he goes after the corruption in government and most of the time that involves democrats but he will also go after republicans if they are doing it.

The text that was quoted earlier shows how he tries to view people. He would still care about the person even while calling out their actions on the show. That's based on info from people talking about what he is like off the show.

Now it could be an act and he just does it for the show but it would take a lot of acting to do it on the show and appearances for that long.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!