Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Fox Know Election Fraud Claims Were Lies?

(02-17-2023, 05:42 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Reading this article shows the "news" agency is a joke.

This opinion piece is slanted to what the liberals want. It tries to appear to be a report on the lawsuit. It doesn't cover any of the relevant info. It just uses some of the talking heads' feelings.

The real meat of the lawsuit shows Dominion admitting that their code, hardware, etc are full of bugs and vulnerabilities.

These machines should be pulled immediately and all contracts voided. Then lawsuits and trials should begin in every state for anyone creating it, certifying it, signing contracts, etc.

Instead lets focus on Foxnews using a bunch of liberals that act like conservatives in order to make money. This has been known for a long time.

Newsmax is owned by big liberal Clinton people (if I'm remembering correctly). They all are owned, controlled, and take marching orders. There are one or 2 on the right side that do the same but those are mainly the local channels.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95WSc4UXrw4
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 12:28 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

This is what happens to "journalism" when your reason for being, and the way you are making money, is to "represent" a point of view.  There were internal arguments at Fox News over whether they should tell the truth, and whether telling the truth would hurt their ratings.  They decided, instead of telling the truth, they would tell their viewers what they wanted to hear, and protect their ratings.  Fox news people, from producers to on-air personalities, as well as Rupert Murdoch himself, have all admitted all of this under oath, that they knew the allegations were lies.  There was no way for them to deny it, when their internal text messages had come out that showed they knew that they were promoting lies on their network.

It was profoundly cynical.  But I don't expect any of you who believe in the "stolen election" to change your mind about it, because, even though you were obviously lied to, you will find a reason to continue to believe what you want to believe.

(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is what happens to "journalism" when your reason for being, and the way you are making money, is to "represent" a point of view.  There were internal arguments at Fox News over whether they should tell the truth, and whether telling the truth would hurt their ratings.  They decided, instead of telling the truth, they would tell their viewers what they wanted to hear, and protect their ratings.  Fox news people, from producers to on-air personalities, as well as Rupert Murdoch himself, have all admitted all of this under oath, that they knew the allegations were lies.  There was no way for them to deny it, when their internal text messages had come out that showed they knew that they were promoting lies on their network.

No Marty.  Wrong.  Fox News may be in a difficult situation here, but we KNOW the MSM lies every single day about everything, and the only reason they've never faced a major, credible defamation suit is because there is a liberal left wing conspiracy that is so big and so obvious that I should never have to offer even a shred of evidence for it, and you are an infidel for even asking me to offer such evidence.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

You bozos still watch Fox?!?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-02-2023, 12:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You bozos still watch Fox?!?

Where are you getting your lies now?

(03-02-2023, 12:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You bozos still watch Fox?!?

Where are you getting your lies now?

You ask that as if it is the only network which lies and obfuscates. Is that what you believe?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 01:21 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is what happens to "journalism" when your reason for being, and the way you are making money, is to "represent" a point of view.  There were internal arguments at Fox News over whether they should tell the truth, and whether telling the truth would hurt their ratings.  They decided, instead of telling the truth, they would tell their viewers what they wanted to hear, and protect their ratings.  Fox news people, from producers to on-air personalities, as well as Rupert Murdoch himself, have all admitted all of this under oath, that they knew the allegations were lies.  There was no way for them to deny it, when their internal text messages had come out that showed they knew that they were promoting lies on their network.

It was profoundly cynical.  But I don't expect any of you who believe in the "stolen election" to change your mind about it, because, even though you were obviously lied to, you will find a reason to continue to believe what you want to believe.

They're all driven by making money. And they will all lie, either thru commission or omission, to preserve whatever agenda they have chosen to push. It's just a matter of degree as to how much and in what direction. Show me a 'news' organization that isn't about pushing an agenda, and I'll show you a low rated or bankrupt news agency. Sadly.

Fox News didn't start this. They saw an market opportunity when CNN started veering to the left in the late 90's and they took it. MSNBC saw the same opportunity to go ever further left to grab their share of more extreme leftist viewers away from CNN, who was deemed too moderate. News Nation saw the discontent of the moderates, and took the down-the-middle approach.

Just my opinion, but I think that if a news outlet did nothing but report the unfiltered truth, then lots of people wouldn't watch. Because it would be too unsettling for them. People need their biases reinforced. I'll cop to that one as well. It's good to participate in forums that discuss news, events and world views. It can help to see all sides of issues.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-02-2023, 12:54 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is what happens to "journalism" when your reason for being, and the way you are making money, is to "represent" a point of view.  There were internal arguments at Fox News over whether they should tell the truth, and whether telling the truth would hurt their ratings.  They decided, instead of telling the truth, they would tell their viewers what they wanted to hear, and protect their ratings.  Fox news people, from producers to on-air personalities, as well as Rupert Murdoch himself, have all admitted all of this under oath, that they knew the allegations were lies.  There was no way for them to deny it, when their internal text messages had come out that showed they knew that they were promoting lies on their network.

They're all driven by making money.  It's just a matter of degree as to how much and in what direction.  Show me a 'news' organization that isn't about pushing an agenda, and I'll show you a low rated or bankrupt news agency.  Sadly.

The advent of the 24-hour news cycle destroyed journalism. There’s not enough news to fill it so they started injecting opinion. When they discovered shading their coverage with a Jerry Springer-esque style caused ratings numbers to rise, there was no turning back. Now our politicians play to it. Instead of leadership and compromise, we have trailer trash taunting each other from each side of the aisle while news organizations and the viewing public chant “Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry”.

We are living in Idiocracy.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 01:27 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

All TV news everywhere has to omit certain facts. They just don't have enough time.
All TV news everywhere has to emphasize certain facts. They have to make the story interesting.
The omission and emphasis are usually done in an underhanded fashion, with a bias, to push an agenda.

But what Fox News and OAN and NewsMax all did was way above and beyond that. They stated a fact that they knew was false that false reporting damaged the reputation of a wealthy organization. If any other media outlet of any ideology did this, they would be sued just as Fox News has been sued.

But it's actually the subordinate clause there that should concern you. You can report false facts about amorphous or foreign or poor groups, and not get sued. "People from Florida are racist." No one sues. "Black people on welfare are lazy." No one sues. "Palestinians are inherently violent." Who's going to sue? These are just as false as "Dominion gave false election results" but no one sues.

(03-02-2023, 01:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: All TV news everywhere has to omit certain facts.  They just don't have enough time. 
All TV news everywhere has to emphasize certain facts.  They have to make the story interesting.
The omission and emphasis are usually done in an underhanded fashion, with a bias, to push an agenda. 

But what Fox News and OAN and NewsMax all did was way above and beyond that.  They stated a fact that they knew was false that false reporting damaged the reputation of a wealthy organization.  If any other media outlet of any ideology, they would be sued just as Fox News has been sued.

But it's actually the subordinate clause there that should concern you.  You can report false facts about amorphous or foreign or poor groups, and not get sued.  "People from Florida are racist." No one sues.  "Black people on welfare are lazy." No one sues.  "Palestinians are inherently violent." Who's going to sue?  These are just as false as "Dominion gave false election results" but no one sues.

C'mon man.  MSNBC and CNN have BEEN CAUGHT cheating and telling bold face lies.  Remember the leaked debate questions by Shalala?  I don't have time at the moment to list them all, but Wikileaks uncovered a good number of them.  And MSNBC is the king of pushing conspiracy theories as truth.  So please, stop targeting just conservative MSM.  They ALL do it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Let's just step back for a second from this what-about-ism defense and take in the fact that Fox News promoted a "stolen election" theory that they knew was a lie. Let that sink in.

(03-02-2023, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Let's just step back for a second from this what-about-ism defense and take in the fact that Fox News promoted a "stolen election" theory that they knew was a lie. Let that sink in.

I'd be all for that if MikeSez is willing to stop elevating that above other lies told by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc. Not defending any of them, but stop acting like one is better than the other. All of them erode confidence in their ability to report the truth.

(03-02-2023, 01:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: All TV news everywhere has to omit certain facts.  They just don't have enough time. 
All TV news everywhere has to emphasize certain facts.  They have to make the story interesting.

But what Fox News and OAN and NewsMax all did was way above and beyond that.  They stated a fact that they knew was false that false reporting damaged the reputation of a wealthy organization.  If any other media outlet of any ideology, they would be sued just as Fox News has been sued.

But it's actually the subordinate clause there that should concern you.  You can report false facts about amorphous or foreign or poor groups, and not get sued.  "People from Florida are racist." No one sues.  "Black people on welfare are lazy." No one sues.  "Palestinians are inherently violent." Who's going to sue?  These are just as false as "Dominion gave false election results" but no one sues.

C'mon man.  MSNBC and CNN have BEEN CAUGHT cheating and telling bold face lies.  Remember the leaked debate questions by Shalala?  I don't have time at the moment to list them all, but Wikileaks uncovered a good number of them.  And MSNBC is the king of pushing conspiracy theories as truth.  So please, stop targeting just conservative MSM.  They ALL do it.

Cheating and lying aren't the same thing.  Lying about cheating, sure.  Did they lie about cheating on air? Did that lie damage the reputation of somebody or something with standing to sue?

Remember, the government can't punish you for lying unless you lie to the police or under oath.  Otherwise it's protected free speech.  The one rule, the one rule, that TV networks have to follow is don't lie about wealthy people or corporations that can sue you for defamation.  MSM has followed that rule.  Fox News did too, until they didnt.

(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: C'mon man.  MSNBC and CNN have BEEN CAUGHT cheating and telling bold face lies.  Remember the leaked debate questions by Shalala?  I don't have time at the moment to list them all, but Wikileaks uncovered a good number of them.  And MSNBC is the king of pushing conspiracy theories as truth.  So please, stop targeting just conservative MSM.  They ALL do it.

Cheating and lying aren't the same thing.  Lying about cheating, sure.  Did they lie about cheating on air? Did that lie damage the reputation of somebody or something with standing to sue?

Remember, the government can't punish you for lying unless you lie to the police or under oath.  Otherwise it's protected free speech.  The one rule, the one rule, that TV networks have to follow is don't lie about wealthy people or corporations that can sue you for defamation.  MSM has followed that rule.  Fox News did too, until they didnt.

Cheating and lying are two sides of the same coin called deception. Cheating is a form of lying.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 02:15 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-02-2023, 02:05 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Cheating and lying aren't the same thing.  Lying about cheating, sure.  Did they lie about cheating on air? Did that lie damage the reputation of somebody or something with standing to sue?

Cheating and lying are two sides of the same coin called deception.  Cheating is a form of lying.

I'm not defending cheating. I'm just hoping you see the order of magnitude difference, as well as the type difference, between leaking questions in a privately organized debate, vs claiming without evidence that the public, official election results are fraudulent.  Both are bad.  One is much worse than the other though.  Remember, MSNBC is allowed to prefer Hillary over Bernie, and allowed to do favors for Hillary.  They should be honest and open about such actions, but there is no enforceable legal requirement for that. Fox News is allowed to prefer Trump over Biden and do favors for Trump such as repeating some of his campaign claims. But they are not allowed to repeat his lies when they know they are lies and especially not when it defames a third party.

This selective outrage by the transideologists is amusing.

(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Let's just step back for a second from this what-about-ism defense and take in the fact that Fox News promoted a "stolen election" theory that they knew was a lie.  Let that sink in.

I'd be all for that if MikeSez is willing to stop elevating that above other lies told by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc.  Not defending any of them, but stop acting like one is better than the other.  All of them erode confidence in their ability to report the truth.

Okay, how about we let this sink in?  Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Rupert Murdoch, all think election fraud claims are false.  Millions of people watch those shows, and millions of people were led to believe the US Presidential election was stolen.  These people, who call themselves patriots, are damaging the country on purpose for profit, and they know it, and under oath, and in text messages, they admit it.

(03-02-2023, 02:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'd be all for that if MikeSez is willing to stop elevating that above other lies told by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc.  Not defending any of them, but stop acting like one is better than the other.  All of them erode confidence in their ability to report the truth.

Okay, how about we let this sink in?  Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Rupert Murdoch, all think election fraud claims are false.  Millions of people watch those shows, and millions of people were led to believe the US Presidential election was stolen.  These people, who call themselves patriots, are damaging the country on purpose for profit, and they know it, and under oath, and in text messages, they admit it.

Who here has defended that?  What validation do you seek?

Should I start a thread about CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS covering up Hunter Biden’s laptop as a Russian Hoax knowing full well that it was a legitimate news story that releasing could have swayed an election to gauge your moral outrage?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-02-2023, 02:05 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Cheating and lying aren't the same thing.  Lying about cheating, sure.  Did they lie about cheating on air? Did that lie damage the reputation of somebody or something with standing to sue?

Cheating and lying are two sides of the same coin called deception.  Cheating is a form of lying.

oddly enough, cheating is bad but lying can sometimes be good.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 03:37 PM by mikesez.)

(03-02-2023, 02:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Let's just step back for a second from this what-about-ism defense and take in the fact that Fox News promoted a "stolen election" theory that they knew was a lie.  Let that sink in.

I'd be all for that if MikeSez is willing to stop elevating that above other lies told by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc.  Not defending any of them, but stop acting like one is better than the other.  All of them erode confidence in their ability to report the truth.

Show me an example where one of the networks you named told a lie of commission about a specific wealthy person or corporation.  Or, where they told a lie of commission that could have caused violent protests or an insurrection, if it were believed.

(03-02-2023, 03:23 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 02:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, how about we let this sink in?  Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Rupert Murdoch, all think election fraud claims are false.  Millions of people watch those shows, and millions of people were led to believe the US Presidential election was stolen.  These people, who call themselves patriots, are damaging the country on purpose for profit, and they know it, and under oath, and in text messages, they admit it.

Who here has defended that?  What validation do you seek?

Should I start a thread about CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS covering up Hunter Biden’s laptop as a Russian Hoax knowing full well that it was a legitimate news story that releasing could have swayed an election to gauge your moral outrage?

That's a lie of omission. Not commission.