Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Fox Know Election Fraud Claims Were Lies?

I hope this whole affair creates a shakeup at Fox News. They need to unload some baggage and realign.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2023, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope this whole affair creates a shakeup at Fox News. They need to unload some baggage and realign.

I think the only way that happens is a drop in the ratings.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-11-2023, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 04:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This thread has made me dumber.

Sometimes, one can think something has been created, when in reality, it has been revealed.

So profound...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

(03-11-2023, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope this whole affair creates a shakeup at Fox News. They need to unload some baggage and realign.

I think the only way that happens is a drop in the ratings.

Sadly, that's true. Journalism today revolves around ratings, not facts and truth.

For Fox, that might be true, but the other outlets have been struggling to get consistent viewership.

Fox settling to pay 787 million over airing election lies in Dominion lawsuit

https://twitter.com/katie_robertson/stat...21442?s=20

(04-18-2023, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fox settling to pay 787 million over airing election lies in Dominion lawsuit

https://twitter.com/katie_robertson/stat...21442?s=20

That'll learn 'em. Fox needs to clean house. Getting rid of Tucker Carlson would be a good start.

Realistically, $787 million more than covers Dominions's damaged reputation. But it's also low enough that Fox News may see it as a simple cost of doing business. Considering Fox News has pulled in more than $50 billion in the last four years, they'll probably be willing to risk another $700 million plus to cover their butts the next time they want to tell some placating lies, perhaps as soon as November 2024. Fox News only says they "acknowledge that the judge says we made false statements on air", they did not actually admit to lying. And they are not covering this on their own website. That's troubling.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-18-2023, 06:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Realistically, $787 million more than covers Dominions's damaged reputation.  But it's also low enough that Fox News may see it as a simple cost of doing business.  Considering Fox News has pulled in more than $50 billion in the last four years, they'll probably be willing to risk another $700 million plus to cover their butts the next time they want to tell some placating lies, perhaps as soon as November 2024.  Fox News only says they "acknowledge that the judge says we made false statements on air", they did not actually admit to lying.  And they are not covering this on their own website.  That's troubling.

Oh noes!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-18-2023, 06:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Realistically, $787 million more than covers Dominions's damaged reputation.  But it's also low enough that Fox News may see it as a simple cost of doing business.  Considering Fox News has pulled in more than $50 billion in the last four years, they'll probably be willing to risk another $700 million plus to cover their butts the next time they want to tell some placating lies, perhaps as soon as November 2024.  Fox News only says they "acknowledge that the judge says we made false statements on air", they did not actually admit to lying.  And they are not covering this on their own website.  That's troubling.

Agreed, I won’t hold my breath waiting for you to have the same scrutiny for the other side of the political news pundits.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The best part about this is the fact that Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram and others are exchanging texts that totally go against the message that they are stating on air, but so many viewers are so gullible they don't realize that they everything the hosts are stating is a total lie and they're just in it for the money because their viewers don't want to accept the facts and see through their lies.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 09:47 PM by mikesez.)

(04-18-2023, 08:42 PM)copycat Wrote:

Agreed, I won’t hold my breath waiting for you to have the same scrutiny for the other side of the political news pundits.

What other outlets are handing out multi million dollar settlement checks?

(04-18-2023, 08:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The best part about this is the fact that Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram and others are exchanging texts that totally go against the message that they are stating on air, but so many viewers are so gullible they don't realize that they everything the hosts are stating is a total lie and they're just in it for the money because their viewers don't want to accept the facts and see through their lies.

I enjoyed the movie "A face in the crowd".  But when that exact scenario plays out in today's media environment, no one cares.  They just keep following the guy who just called them scum.

(04-18-2023, 09:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 08:42 PM)copycat Wrote: Agreed, I won’t hold my breath waiting for you to have the same scrutiny for the other side of the political news pundits.

What other outlets are handing out multi million dollar settlement checks?

(04-18-2023, 08:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The best part about this is the fact that Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram and others are exchanging texts that totally go against the message that they are stating on air, but so many viewers are so gullible they don't realize that they everything the hosts are stating is a total lie and they're just in it for the money because their viewers don't want to accept the facts and see through their lies.

I enjoyed the movie "A face in the crowd".  But when that exact scenario plays out in today's media environment, no one cares.  They just keep following the guy who just called them scum.

An excellent movie. Most people don’t know that folksy Andy Griffith earned his big acting breakthrough playing a dark manipulative character.

Fox admitted to multiple falsities being broadcast early on in this process in a separate statement after the judge declared Dominion's case valid based upon 20 such lies.
His statement at the time: 

Quote:“Through its extensive proof, Dominion has met its burden of showing there is no genuine issue of material fact as to falsity… The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that is CRYSTAL clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true,” Davis wrote.

And the FOX statement actually reads like this:

“We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.”

They are in fact admitting to lying. They didn't fork over 780 mil to keep proof of their righteous actions out of public scrutiny. They did it to keep the full extent of their gross negligence from coming to light. Which is what would happen if this was not settled - but went to trial instead.  

(04-18-2023, 10:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Fox admitted to multiple falsities being broadcast early on in this process in a separate statement after the judge declared Dominion's case valid based upon 20 such lies.
His statement at the time: 

Quote:“Through its extensive proof, Dominion has met its burden of showing there is no genuine issue of material fact as to falsity… The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that is CRYSTAL clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true,” Davis wrote.

And the FOX statement actually reads like this:

“We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.”

They are in fact admitting to lying. They didn't fork over 780 mil to keep proof of their righteous actions out of public scrutiny. They did it to keep the full extent of their gross negligence from coming to light. Which is what would happen if this was not settled - but went to trial instead.  

Even if we take "acknowledge" to mean "what they said is true" instead of "they said it, I heard it, I don't know if it's true," Fox is still basically issuing a correction.  They are saying, "based on information we gained by 2023, something we said in 2020 turns out to be false." 
What they should be saying is, "we knew these things were false before we ever said them.  We apologize to our viewers and some of the people responsible have been removed from our chain of command."

This lawsuit was a payoff, used to launder money and set precedent. The lawsuit was setup for FOX to lose. FOX called Arizona immediately and that started the shutdown to find the 3am votes.

Look at the criteria for the evidence and you will see there was no winning even though Dominion had a bunch of false statements, admitted issues, and fraud. FOX could only use evidence that was public knowledge before they made the statements, even if the statements were proven factual later.

It's basically cat in a box that is dead but you can't prove it until after you open it. They win because you can't know it's dead until after you open it.

Now they can claim they have already proven they are correct and there are no issues, even with all the evidence coming from their own team showing all the bugs and vulnerabilities.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Fox is being sued at least a couple more times where they will most likely lose again. That’s a lot of money!

(04-19-2023, 12:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote: This lawsuit was a payoff, used to launder money and set precedent. The lawsuit was setup for FOX to lose. FOX called Arizona immediately and that started the shutdown to find the 3am votes.

Look at the criteria for the evidence and you will see there was no winning even though Dominion had a bunch of false statements, admitted issues, and fraud. FOX could only use evidence that was public knowledge before they made the statements, even if the statements were proven factual later.

It's basically cat in a box that is dead but you can't prove it until after you open it. They win because you can't know it's dead until after you open it.

Now they can claim they have already proven they are correct and there are no issues, even with all the evidence coming from their own team showing all the bugs and vulnerabilities.

You're equivocating. 
Fox claimed that votes were actually changed in the system.  
Dominion admitted there were some flaws in some of their systems, but anyone exploiting those flaws would have left a trail.

(04-19-2023, 08:04 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 12:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote: This lawsuit was a payoff, used to launder money and set precedent. The lawsuit was setup for FOX to lose. FOX called Arizona immediately and that started the shutdown to find the 3am votes.

You're equivocating. 
Fox claimed that votes were actually changed in the system.  
Dominion admitted there were some flaws in some of their systems, but anyone exploiting those flaws would have left a trail.

Of course they say that, you think they're going to admit that they were part of the Steal? Lol, so fricking naïve.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There's no proof Dominion participated in the Steal. It doesn't matter. They didn't need to be participants. Personally, I think it's all a red herring. They cheated by manipulating vote rejection rates, ballot harvesting, and, yeah, probably fraudulent voting.