Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agency 2023

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:39 AM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2023, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well now the Ravens have made a move. They put the non-exclusive franchise tag on their QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar...her-teams/

I was hoping we could get a deal done with Engram and do this to Taylor, but alas....

Best part is nobody is nibbling at the bait, Ballimer gonna have to overpay to mend fences at this point, and I don't know that money is enough to mend them.

Baltimore look like they're playing 3/4 different scenarios and are comfortable watching how it pans out ... I'm not sure any of them involve giving Lamar a big bag of money.

They've got him tagged, ... If he gets an offer i fancy they'd be relatively happy taking two firsts and moving on. I appreciate people will say they should be getting more but its a tangled web and circumstances change. His style of play might mean two firsts and a clean slate with a Garropollo for a season or so isn't an unpalatable option.

If he gets an offer and they think It's a worth it, they can simply match it and theyve have had another franchise do the leg work for them!!

If Lamar doesn't get an option they could look to renegotiate from a significantly improved position.

If he doesn't want to renegotiate again i suspect they'd be quite happy with the option of tagging him for two years and letting him walk at a time when his body may start letting him down

Its be interesting to know what their ideal scenario would be... My utter guess at it would be the first or the last. They're a smart franchise, and getting out a season or two early night be better than handing him the bag and struggling to get out a season or two late!

As for Lamar, I admire the fact that he's representing himself in a way. Trying to take responsibility for your own decisions... But circumstances have conspired against him and he looks like a leaf in a lake, bring sent hither and thither with the currents at the minute. Nows the time to swallow your pride and get an agent! He seems to be banking on an owner breaking ranks to get his guaranteed contract and it just doesn't seem feasible! The words obviously gone out. I fancied his best bet might be Tepper but the Panthers going up to #1 has sluiced that and the only other team i could see as a dark horse might be Washington! Who knows what goes on there!! He's been an entertaining player and with a fair few less of the airs and graces that seem to afflict certain others but he's being backed further and further into a corner and each step is costing him a great deal of money! Which is a shame for a guy who provides a lot of entertainment

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:36 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-11-2023, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Reggie Williams was a great blocker too.

Ok?  He was decent a couple years for us but he got fat and can't catch nor run routes close to Woods

And Woods has had two good seasons, and he's three years removed from them.  Plus he'll be 31 when the season starts.  And you were the one that brought up blocking, how that's going to be a big help to a rookie QB I don't know.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-11-2023, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok?  He was decent a couple years for us but he got fat and can't catch nor run routes close to Woods

And Woods has had two good seasons, and he's three years removed from them.  Plus he'll be 31 when the season starts.  And you were the one that brought up blocking, how that's going to be a big help to a rookie QB I don't know.
Woods is cooked. Glad the Texans signed him.

It’s good for the jags defense. Haha

(03-11-2023, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok?  He was decent a couple years for us but he got fat and can't catch nor run routes close to Woods

I didnt say his blocking is what will be a good help for the rookie QB.  His veteran presence, route running along with being a good pass catcher is what will help Young.  His blocking will be good for Pierce, one of the better backs in the league.

this would be a good pick up
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...58432?s=20

Teams are having to dump some decent players for cap space. The rams got their Super Bowl, so they are good. Rebuild

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 02:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-11-2023, 02:20 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Teams are having to dump some decent players for cap space. The rams got their Super Bowl, so they are good. Rebuild

Yup.  I'd honestly love to add Fletcher Cox, not sure if we could fit him in with the cap though..  I think Bryce Callahan would be a good pickup on a 1 year deal.  He wouldn't be a lot of money and he's a good nickle corner

I think we will add 1 mid tier guy in FA like a guard or possibly a nickle corner.

(03-11-2023, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote: And Woods has had two good seasons, and he's three years removed from them.  Plus he'll be 31 when the season starts.  And you were the one that brought up blocking, how that's going to be a big help to a rookie QB I don't know.
Woods is cooked. Glad the Texans signed him.
Absolutely.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What about Bryce Callahan on a 1 year deal?

Ramsey to the Fins

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 04:18 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...89888?s=20

Wow.

That Daron Payne deal...wow. I mean, wow.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

I'd love to hear the names of Cam Sutton and Jonathan Jones as potential free agent targets tomorrow. Either player could immediately start at nickel for the Jaguars and wouldn't break the bank, especially since it looks like Taylor and Key won't be returning. The other position I'd target would be guard since there are several who should be available on Wednesday. Ben Powers won't be cheap, but he looks like the best available and is only 26 coming off his best year. Nate Davis and Connor McGovern would be less expensive options who could challenge Bartch for a starting spot.

(03-12-2023, 11:17 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: That Daron Payne deal...wow.  I mean, wow.

I thought the Commies would let Payne leave as they had too much money tied up in the D-line anyways.