Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug making his rounds

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023, 10:11 PM by jagboss.)

Looking like a proud daddy, lol

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/16309...ZfSZNxsZ1A

Heard one of them saying,”congrats on the crazy run”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.

Well deserved. In 2023, pedal to the metal.

(03-02-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.

How true. Nice guys don't always finish last!

Watching the draft this morning and they had Doug in with the commentary guys. Nice segment, they asked him again what areas he was looking for in this draft. He relied they were focused on resigning their free agents then they could really get into the draft and what they wanted out of it. They must have had someone write like 20 or responses for him and Trent in preparation for the combine. Our guy did good...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Really hope Doug makes this his home for MANY Years!
Jaguar since Day One . . . attended Hall of Fame Preseason Opener.

(03-02-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.

Signed Gus Bradley
s
;

;

(03-06-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...79393?s=20

To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...79393?s=20

To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.

It's also nothing new.

Nate Hackett ran that same play here in Jax with Corey Grant and Dede Westbrook alternately - and had some nice gains with it.

(03-06-2023, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Dimson Wrote: To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.

It's also nothing new.

Nate Hackett ran that same play here in Jax with Corey Grant and Dede Westbrook alternately - and had some nice gains with it.

Yeah. I remember that. Especially with Grant. Me and Dad were wondering why they didn't run it more in the 2017 Championship game with the Patriots. It was working earlier on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-06-2023, 02:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's also nothing new.

Yeah. I remember that. Especially with Grant. Me and Dad were wondering why they didn't run it more in the 2017 Championship game with the Patriots. It was working earlier on.

The pats were flummoxed by Grant and Fournette being on the field together. 
They unstacked the box and we could swing pass to either player or run either player effectively. 

Then... we... ummm...  we just, like, stopped doing it. 

I'm praying Belichick made some adjustment I'm unaware of and didn't see, because it sure looked like we could have continued gashing them over and over out of those formations. And, yes, that exact play was part of the package.

I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.

(03-07-2023, 03:47 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.

That's what the first 2-3 draft picks are for.

(03-07-2023, 04:03 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 03:47 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.

That's what the first 2-3 draft picks are for.

I still salivate for a premier Y TE like Washinton or Mayer, too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!