Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are more Bank Failures on the horizon in the Biden Economy????

(03-13-2023, 09:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If I was a business owner, I damn sure wouldn't put a portion of my money into a liberal bank..

They just don't understand the concept of money for some reason.

Oh the understand money all right. How to take yours and keep theirs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2023, 10:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 09:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If I was a business owner, I damn sure wouldn't put a portion of my money into a liberal bank..

They just don't understand the concept of money for some reason.

Oh the understand money all right. How to take yours and keep theirs.

The scandalous rich elitists ones do.. 

The others though.. I mean, you gotta have a job (or at least had one at some point in your life) in order to understand the value of a dollar, right?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 05:47 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-12-2023, 07:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/GuntherEagleman/stat...bSmqw&s=19

15 banks failed during the Trump administration.  Not 0.

Banks fail all the time, for a variety of reasons, most often having nothing to do with who is in office.

(03-14-2023, 06:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Absolutely idiotic’, claims a former employee of SVB’s CEO and management.

Exactly.  The CEO announced he was trying to raise capital.  That's like announcing the bank is in trouble, and to let that out before you line up financial relief is absolutely idiotic.

(03-14-2023, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 06:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Absolutely idiotic’, claims a former employee of SVB’s CEO and management.

Exactly.  The CEO announced he was trying to raise capital.  That's like announcing the bank is in trouble, and to let that out before you line up financial relief is absolutely idiotic.

I don’t understand the mindset of such a decision. Furthermore, I don’t understand how this guy made it so far up the food chain without grasping the concept of discretion. What was leadership hoping to achieve by wearing the bank’s spreadsheet on their sleeves? 

Hopefully there’s follow up of reports that management received a bonus and the CEO sold millions in stock before the announcement.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 11:04 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 07:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/GuntherEagleman/stat...bSmqw&s=19

Banks fail all the time, for a variety of reasons, most often having nothing to do with who is in office.

Uhoh, didn't mean to anger the Biden Cultists..

(03-14-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Should we also go back to GW Bush ?   Talk about bank failures and bailouts.

(03-13-2023, 09:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Really? Who is paying those deposits? With what money?

According to Biden’s presser this morning, it will be from the fees banks pay into the FDIC.

That could prove to be a crushing burden on the smaller community banks.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-14-2023, 07:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Exactly.  The CEO announced he was trying to raise capital.  That's like announcing the bank is in trouble, and to let that out before you line up financial relief is absolutely idiotic.

I don’t understand the mindset of such a decision. Furthermore, I don’t understand how this guy made it so far up the food chain without grasping the concept of discretion. What was leadership hoping to achieve by wearing the bank’s spreadsheet on their sleeves? 

Hopefully there’s follow up of reports that management received a bonus and the CEO sold millions in stock before the announcement.

Footnote;  The CEO, Greg Becker, sold $3.6M of his stock on Feb 27th.  

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/...cument.xml

What kind of punishments do you think this guy will receive?

(03-14-2023, 01:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What kind of punishments do you think this guy will receive?

A full pardon and an all expenses paid vacation to Greece..

(03-14-2023, 01:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 01:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What kind of punishments do you think this guy will receive?

A full pardon and an all expenses paid vacation to Greece..

With an atta-boy before he gets on the plane. Our Government lauds and rewards mass scale corruption and failures.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 06:13 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status...QWK7w&s=19

[Image: dying-breathe.gif]

https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/14/sil...er-causes/

Let me translate that for you before you laugh too hard: SVB gave 73,400,000 to politicians that will, in turn, bail them out for their negligence and greed.

Depends.  I don't think he'll use Martha Stewart's lawyer.

(03-14-2023, 07:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Exactly.  The CEO announced he was trying to raise capital.  That's like announcing the bank is in trouble, and to let that out before you line up financial relief is absolutely idiotic.

I saw something today that said only one of the c-suite or maybe board had investment banking experience. Don't know if it's true but it does make sense with the other hires they had.

CEOs fail upwards most of the time.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 06:19 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2023, 07:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Let me translate that for you before you laugh too hard: SVB gave 73,400,000 to politicians that will, in turn, bail them out for their negligence and greed.

I don't approve of any company using any sort of ESG standards for making any decision.   

But, in response to your sentence above, and in the interests of accuracy, I don't think they're bailing out the bank.  I think they're bailing out the depositors.  The bank is dead.

Who cares if the bank itself exists, Marty? Is the CEO going to get away with selling his shares and making a ton of money? Are the investors, who are the elite among us going to recoup all of their money, even though they know the FDIC only insures 250k? When are you guys going to wake up and realize there are two different standards for the elite and the rest of us?