Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tennessee Legislature Expels 2 Members

(04-09-2023, 06:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-09-2023, 06:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I concede to the fact it was 2016 but the bigger questions remains unanswered..

Why wasn't she charged for election interference? Why is she above the law but not Mackey?

They were both above the law until Biden came into office.  Both should have been charged and fined by Trump's DoJ.  And Biden should be charging both now. There is no hero in this story.
Making a meme shouldn't be interfering with the election. It was obvious it wasn't real and who is going to see it anyways? It's not like it was put in an ad and positioned as real. It was shared online to his followers who already know what a meme is. You would have only seen it if you wanted to. After others shared, that's out of his control.

The dem is close to the same but with her official position, it does make it worse. She again though shared it to he followers, so there shouldn't be anyone being confused.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2023, 12:50 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-09-2023, 06:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: They were both above the law until Biden came into office.  Both should have been charged and fined by Trump's DoJ.  And Biden should be charging both now. There is no hero in this story.
Making a meme shouldn't be interfering with the election. It was obvious it wasn't real and who is going to see it anyways? It's not like it was put in an ad and positioned as real. It was shared online to his followers who already know what a meme is. You would have only seen it if you wanted to. After others shared, that's out of his control.

The dem is close to the same but with her official position, it does make it worse. She again though shared it to he followers, so there shouldn't be anyone being confused.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The problem with Twitter and other social media is unless you take the drastic step of blocking people, you cannot control your audience, nor can you control who your audience will share the thing with that you don't even know.
They need to be punished,  both of them, with fines.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-08-2023, 08:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 08:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think a minimum of 5 years in a holding cell without a trial is required.

I'm not sure what you're getting at there, but please don't change the subject prematurely.  I really want to know if anyone would disagree that these people should be expelled.

What do you mean? This insurrection is far worse than January 6th and they should be punished as such. Not only should they be expelled, they should have their civil rights stripped away and be held without trial for far longer than any of the J6 prisoners.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jones has been reinstated and Pearson is expected to be soon.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1...30688?s=20

(04-11-2023, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jones has been reinstated and Pearson is expected to be soon.

Which is fine. But what happens when he, and others, feel emboldened to turn the floor of the state legislature into a protest pit instead of a debate venue? His constituency can reinstate him while saying ‘nanny nanny boo boo’, but it still doesn’t detract from the fact he violated not only the rules, but the spirit of reasoned and mature debate. Is the next step to just give everyone a bullhorn?

(04-11-2023, 11:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jones has been reinstated and Pearson is expected to be soon.

Which is fine. But what happens when he, and others, feel emboldened to turn the floor of the state legislature into a protest pit instead of a debate venue? His constituency can reinstate him while saying ‘nanny nanny boo boo’, but it still doesn’t detract from the fact he violated not only the rules, but the spirit of reasoned and mature debate. Is the next step to just give everyone a bullhorn?

Any legislative venue should have its order and sanctity preserved. 

History is littered with such venues becoming the site of protest in widely varying forms, but that should not be normalized.

I understand what these guys say they want. They want a vote on a gun control measure, and they want to win that vote. They want to get it on the agenda, and the Republicans are ignoring them. It would be more appropriate for them to just protest outside the building to draw attention to their cause, so maybe the next state elections can be about that issue. Hopefully that's what they do. I don't see how it would be in their interest to repeat the behavior with the bullhorns.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 01:44 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-11-2023, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: I understand what these guys say they want.  They want a vote on a gun control measure, and they want to win that vote.  They want to get it on the agenda, and the Republicans are ignoring them.  It would be more appropriate for them to just protest outside the building to draw attention to their cause, so maybe the next state elections can be about that issue.    Hopefully that's what they do.  I don't see how it would be in their interest to repeat the behavior with the bullhorns.

Yeah I think that's bull [BLEEP]..

They wanted to be Spartacus 2.0 and get their faces on TV.. That way, they could be invited to the White House (like they did) and the democrats could cheer them on while the 3 Christian kids who got shot to death, barely gets mentioned (which they did not)..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=820hwFHAx8Q
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-11-2023, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: I understand what these guys say they want. They want a vote on a gun control measure, and they want to win that vote. They want to get it on the agenda, and the Republicans are ignoring them. It would be more appropriate for them to just protest outside the building to draw attention to their cause, so maybe the next state elections can be about that issue. Hopefully that's what they do. I don't see how it would be in their interest to repeat the behavior with the bullhorns.
They think the world works the way they have been conditioned to believe. It doesn't and they can't handle it when someone tells them to shut up and go away or worse doesn't even acknowledge them. You can't just go in and demand something happens. They have setup all these rules and committees to protect the establishment. It worse the same in state and local government just on a smaller scale.

Everyone should be able to present bills and they should all be required to have a floor vote if a member 2nds it.

I would also require presentations, interviews, q&a, etc for anyone signing onto a bill to make sure they even read the thing instead of having the lobbyist write it and them hand it to them. Maybe it would cut down on the pages if the representative had to actually explain page by page the bill from memory.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

The governor is asking the legislature to take up a red flag law, but he's not calling it that. Unclear if such a law might have prevented this crime and tragedy.

(04-12-2023, 09:14 AM)mikesez Wrote: The governor is asking the legislature to take up a red flag law, but he's not calling it that.  Unclear if such a law might have prevented this crime and tragedy.

I'd say the shooter exhibited several red flags. Of course those flags aren't the ones the law will address; instead it will be conservatives who wear MAGA hats and drive pick up trucks that get flagged. Exactly as they intend.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2023, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 09:14 AM)mikesez Wrote: The governor is asking the legislature to take up a red flag law, but he's not calling it that.  Unclear if such a law might have prevented this crime and tragedy.

I'd say the shooter exhibited several red flags. Of course those flags aren't the ones the law will address; instead it will be conservatives who wear MAGA hats and drive pick up trucks that get flagged. Exactly as they intend.

No valid commentary found, the above text is for entertainment purposes only.

(04-12-2023, 03:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'd say the shooter exhibited several red flags. Of course those flags aren't the ones the law will address; instead it will be conservatives who wear MAGA hats and drive pick up trucks that get flagged. Exactly as they intend.

No valid commentary found, the above text is for entertainment purposes only.

[Image: girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif]

(04-12-2023, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 03:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: No valid commentary found, the above text is for entertainment purposes only.

[Image: girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif]

Palpatine_ironic.gif

(04-12-2023, 05:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif]

Palpatine_ironic.gif

[Image: 589eed9d-ca41-4322-9e62-5003037547ea_text.gif]

(04-08-2023, 01:05 PM)NH3 Wrote: Gun Control!!!

If you lay Any Type of Gun down on an table surrounded by 100 people w/o touching it, how many people will it kill?

I'll Wait.

NH3...

Might as well legalized drugs too.  I mean, if you placed heroine and meth on a table and nobody touched it, why not just make it legal.

(04-13-2023, 04:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

If you lay Any Type of Gun down on an table surrounded by 100 people w/o touching it, how many people will it kill?

I'll Wait.

NH3...

Might as well legalized drugs too.  I mean, if you placed heroine and meth on a table and nobody touched it, why not just make it legal.

Your terms are acceptable.

(04-13-2023, 03:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 05:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: Palpatine_ironic.gif

[Image: 589eed9d-ca41-4322-9e62-5003037547ea_text.gif]

All hail Mod, for his judgements are right and true.

(04-13-2023, 04:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I'll Wait.

NH3...

Now you get it, let’s do it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.