Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cut Jason Myers

The problem is, every FA kicker is just as bad. Ficken spanked a PAT himself. Are there any teams holding onto 2 kickers where one might be released?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NO is going to cut either Barth or Forbath. We could snag the loser of that competition
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There's actually a bunch of kickers that are about to be cut that are actually decent.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Dave is a freaking idiot for keeping Myers this long. Boneheaded move.

You calling ANYONE an idiot is like a beautifully wrapped present from the irony gods.

Corey Acosta? From the 49ers? They have Phil Dawson and Corey Acosta I think. 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 10:36 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:You calling ANYONE an idiot is like a beautifully wrapped present from the irony gods.

Yo dude enough. Riding my jock all the time, jump off. I don't say anything when you whine on twitter.

Quote:Yo dude enough. Riding my jock all the time, jump off. I don't say anything when you whine on twitter.

Whats his twitter handle dog? I wanna check that out...

Quote:Whats his twitter handle dog? I wanna check that out...

@maximus1016

Should've drafted Aguayo.

Oh,,, wait

Quote:There's actually a bunch of kickers that are about to be cut that are actually decent.

Decent meaning almost perfect at PAT scoring and FG attempts under 50 yards? We need a guy like that.

Quote:Whats his twitter handle dog? I wanna check that out...

@H1gh_score I think. Come check it out. I love my fans.

Quote:@maximus1016

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnn

Quote:@H1gh_score I think. Come check it out. I love my fans.

[Image: mjl.gif]

Dave is probably waiting for the cuts to begin. Not worried. He's no idiot.

Quote:Dave is probably waiting for the cuts to begin. Not worried. He's no idiot.

He is definitely not stupid, but I would have kept Ficken a few more days.

Myers will cost this team atleast 2 wins this year, that's a given.

We have to check out the scrap heap. Bring anybody in. Myers is aweful.

Dave is so smart that he knows that the games Myers will lose will cost Gus his job and allow us to get a real coach

Quote:Dave is so smart that he knows that the games Myers will lose will cost Gus his job and allow us to get a real coach.

No way are we going to lose enough games to fire Gus Bradley just because of the kicker's right leg.

I was hoping he'd sort out his extra point issues, because he was looking fairly good at FGs last season.

And I think we're being a bit harsh if we expect at kicker to nail every 57 yarder.

But the one from 49 yards was one you'd want him to make.

Quote:I was hoping he'd sort out his extra point issues, because he was looking fairly good at FGs last season.

And I think we're being a bit harsh if we expect at kicker to nail every 57 yarder.

But the one from 49 yards was one you'd want him to make.

Ok, going to try to look at this objectively.  A kicker has three jobs, kickoffs, field goals and extra points.  Here's his stats from last year.

Field Goals 26/30 86.7% (14th in the league, longest was 58 yards, tied for 3rd)

Extra Points 32/39 82.1% (32nd in the league)

TBs   65.5% (8th in the league)

What this tells me is that he was a slightly above average field goal kicker with a terrible penchant for missing extra points.  Interestingly, his FG percentage at home was 93.3%.  Not sure what his average distance on field goal attempts were but you'd have to figure it's longer than PATs so maybe the extra points issue is mental and can be overcome.  This might be what Caldwell/Bradley are thinking.  
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.