Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clots doing Clot things

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2023, 02:24 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thinking about Watson who was a lot of trouble to stop when he was in the division. I don’t think any of these rookies are near his talent or achievements in college. Stroud has some potential but not quite the athleticism. Luck was another one that I think about when considering some of the better QBs in the afc south over the years. None of these rookies are on the level.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2023, 02:21 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Thinking about Watson who was a lot of trouble to stop when he was in the division. I don’t think any of these rookies are near his talent or achievements in college. Stroud has some potential but not quite the athleticism. Luck was another one that I think about when considering some of the better QBs in the afc south over the years. None of these rookies are on the level.

Agreed. When Watson came out of Clemson he was coming off a huge performance and upset against Alabama during it's peak. He really was and still is a viable QB in the NFL. He could very easily return to his true form in Cleveland beginning this year if everything is put to bed finally. 

Luck was Lawrence. The generational talent at the QB position. The actual promised prospect that every major talking head that had failed miserably to tout every other year. They finally got it right in Luck. He was very talented, well rounded, well liked and a craft at his position. 

Easily one of the saddest stories in recent memory when it comes to high level talent in the NFL. I don't feel any legitimate threat from Richardson, Stroud nor Levis. I feel like all three of those guys will just be guys at this level. Sometimes that might be enough if the defense around you is talented and the cast is strong enough to support their play but often times it's not enough.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-28-2023, 01:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Huge gator fan here. I watched a lot of his games. He’s not clutch even one bit. Nice dude but 50 something % accuracy is not it. Maybe put him at tight end.

Also big gator fan. My guy had absolutely nothing around him last year in the swamp.
I think it's gonna take him awhile but with a real coach staff and some actual talent around him I think he could develop into a monster.
That being said if I was GMing an NFL team I'm probably not taking a chance on a project like AR or Trey Lance in the top 10

Anything can happen in the NFL. Richardson might struggle as a rookie if they throw him in there too early, but, next year? Who knows, maybe he's another Jalen Hurts type QB or Josh Allen type QB. Big, physical, likes to run, could get away with some big throws here and there downfield.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-21-2023, 11:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Anything can happen in the NFL. Richardson might struggle as a rookie if they throw him in there too early, but, next year? Who knows, maybe he's another Jalen Hurts type QB or Josh Allen type QB. Big, physical, likes to run, could get away with some big throws here and there downfield.

Jalen had a high completion % and high TD to Int ratio in college but I could see the comparison to Josh Allen who was inaccurate in college.  I think the key to Richardson, and every other QB that comes into the NFL, is whether they can learn the playbook and read defenses.  I think this is where a lot of athletic QBs fail in the developmental process.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2023, 10:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-22-2023, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 11:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Anything can happen in the NFL. Richardson might struggle as a rookie if they throw him in there too early, but, next year? Who knows, maybe he's another Jalen Hurts type QB or Josh Allen type QB. Big, physical, likes to run, could get away with some big throws here and there downfield.

Jalen had a high completion % and high TD to Int ratio in college but I could see the comparison to Josh Allen who was inaccurate in college.  I think the key to Richardson, and every other QB that comes into the NFL, is whether they can learn the playbook and read defenses.  I think this is where a lot of athletic QBs fail in the developmental process.

If i were a Clots fan, this would concern me. He had a year under a very QB friendly HC in Mullen, and yet the reports were that he didnt have a good mastery of the pro style offense. I think this is ultimately his undoing.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-22-2023, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

(06-23-2023, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jalen had a high completion % and high TD to Int ratio in college but I could see the comparison to Josh Allen who was inaccurate in college.  I think the key to Richardson, and every other QB that comes into the NFL, is whether they can learn the playbook and read defenses.  I think this is where a lot of athletic QBs fail in the developmental process.

If i were a Clots fan, this would concern me. He had a year under a very QB friendly HC in Mullen, and yet the reports were that he didnt have a good mastery of the pro style offense. I think this is ultimately his undoing.
He can't learn as a 1st round pick because he has to start soon. He can't get enough practice time as a practice squad player.

The NFL has done this to themselves, along with the NFLPA. It's very hard to develop players now and QB is the hardest. Robinson could become a good QB some day but he doesn't have the time to do that.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-23-2023, 10:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jalen had a high completion % and high TD to Int ratio in college but I could see the comparison to Josh Allen who was inaccurate in college.  I think the key to Richardson, and every other QB that comes into the NFL, is whether they can learn the playbook and read defenses.  I think this is where a lot of athletic QBs fail in the developmental process.

If i were a Clots fan, this would concern me. He had a year under a very QB friendly HC in Mullen, and yet the reports were that he didnt have a good mastery of the pro style offense.  I think this is ultimately his undoing.

....that or the league quickly figuring him out and painting him into a corner

NFL came down hard on 2 Indianapolis players and one Titan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts...iolations/

Well posting this here ... maybe a sign the NFL will rule on our Left tackle so we can plan.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-10-2023, 02:21 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Thinking about Watson who was a lot of trouble to stop when he was in the division. I don’t think any of these rookies are near his talent or achievements in college. Stroud has some potential but not quite the athleticism. Luck was another one that I think about when considering some of the better QBs in the afc south over the years. None of these rookies are on the level.

Stroud may have potential but just like I said with Fields coming out, he played in one of the most simplistic - one read - rpo style offenses I've ever witnessed when watching college tape. Can he throw a nice ball? Yeah. So can Justin Fields. But much like Fields once he takes a snap in the NFL and realizes OH [BLEEP] i cant just run play action and throw it to the pre-designated receiver?! he's going to more than likely crumble under the pressure. 

If you thought I had doubts about Trevors transition to the NFL, I'll tell you right here and now for all to bare witness, I believe Stroud will be a total bust, same goes for AR.

(07-05-2023, 05:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Stroud may have potential but just like I said with Fields coming out, he played in one of the most simplistic - one read - rpo style offenses I've ever witnessed when watching college tape. Can he throw a nice ball? Yeah. So can Justin Fields. But much like Fields once he takes a snap in the NFL and realizes OH [BLEEP] i cant just run play action and throw it to the pre-designated receiver?! he's going to more than likely crumble under the pressure. 

If you thought I had doubts about Trevors transition to the NFL, I'll tell you right here and now for all to bare witness, I believe Stroud will be a total bust, same goes for AR.

I agree with you 100% on this one
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-owner-jim...son-he-has-

Irsay wants AR to play soon

(07-05-2023, 05:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

All the top QBs have major bust risks this season. Every one of the 1st round QBs have issues that are going to be hard to break at the NFL level for the 1st time.

Hooker is the QB I would have taken even after the injury.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Jim Irsay’s meddling and big mouth is completely sinking his franchise lmmfao. It’s the one of the greatest moments as a football fan watching this raging dumpster fire escalate to these proportions:

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-rb-jonath...e-contract
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(07-29-2023, 08:32 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Jim Irsay’s meddling and big mouth is completely sinking his franchise lmmfao. It’s the one of the greatest moments as a football fan watching this raging dumpster fire escalate to these proportions:

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-rb-jonath...e-contract
Yep. Oof.

https://youtu.be/HlnAMl-W92c?si=wramQemtczUDiRJq

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(05-17-2023, 04:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Agreed. When Watson came out of Clemson he was coming off a huge performance and upset against Alabama during it's peak. He really was and still is a viable QB in the NFL. He could very easily return to his true form in Cleveland beginning this year if everything is put to bed finally. 

Luck was Lawrence. The generational talent at the QB position. The actual promised prospect that every major talking head that had failed miserably to tout every other year. They finally got it right in Luck. He was very talented, well rounded, well liked and a craft at his position. 

Easily one of the saddest stories in recent memory when it comes to high level talent in the NFL. I don't feel any legitimate threat from Richardson, Stroud nor Levis. I feel like all three of those guys will just be guys at this level. Sometimes that might be enough if the defense around you is talented and the cast is strong enough to support their play but often times it's not enough.

Of the three, I think Stroud will develop into a good starter.  He really improved throughout last season at Ohio State.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I could see a Ramsey type situation unfolding with Jonathan Taylor. It's never a good sign when one meeting with the owner directly ends with you immediately requesting a trade. I think Taylor has played his last snap as a clot

Love to see it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Irsay is going to run Taylor off

Just incredible

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...93568?s=20

https://twitter.com/ForTheWin/status/168...05152?s=20

"When your enemies are making mistakes DO NOT interrupt them !"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-col...04817.html

Now to add some fuel....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jonathan-ta...08752.html