Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clots doing Clot things

Burn horses burn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Richardson looked pretty mediocre.

(08-12-2023, 02:10 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Richardson looked pretty mediocre.

Coaches fall in love with athleticism.  Gardner clearly gives them the ability to win now.  Let the rookie put in the work.  Develop him.  Make him earn the starting spot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Honestly AR looked better than i expected. He wasn't good by any means, and that INT was god awful, but I expected worse. He was quite a bit more accurate than I anticipated
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2023, 10:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Honestly AR looked better than i expected. He wasn't good by any means, and that INT was god awful, but I expected worse. He was quite a bit more accurate than I anticipated
He is accurate at times, it's why coaches still think they can make him a QB. If you pressure him, make him move, or think he is going to struggle. He will miss wide open WRs and then make a nice throw into coverage.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Pierce dropped a pretty nice pass that should have been a TD from Richardson as well. Would have helped off set that INT. Every AFC South QB that's either starting or expected to start all made a mistake this past weekend.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-14-2023, 11:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 10:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Honestly AR looked better than i expected. He wasn't good by any means, and that INT was god awful, but I expected worse. He was quite a bit more accurate than I anticipated
He is accurate at times, it's why coaches still think they can make him a QB. If you pressure him, make him move, or think he is going to struggle. He will miss wide open WRs and then make a nice throw into coverage.

Fair. I don't watch a ton of college ball so I haven't seen that week in and out. I did notice when he got pressured on Saturday he got happy feet and seemed to panic which led to that INT and passes that were caught but definitely high and wide
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2023, 11:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

The ultimate key will be whether he can read defenses or not.  I don't think he really went down this path in college so this will be a big uphill climb.  With that in mind, I'm going to say he will peak at the level Vince Young peaked in the pros.  That said, one of VYs & Lamar Jackson's key elements was their elusiveness which I really don't see that with AR.

What's it like to work for Jim Irsay?

It's like this:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...50850?s=20

Clots news week 2: Gardner Minshew will be the starting quarterback this week…

(08-15-2023, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What's it like to work for Jim Irsay?

It's like this:

It's not really as bad as it looks, though.  You have a year Luck was injured, the year Luck retired a week before the season, and then the year that Rivers took those guys to the playoffs.  It's really only two one-year failures on that list.  Funny that those guys thought that either Wentz or a hundred YO Ryan was the answer, anyway...

(08-15-2023, 02:11 PM)Hetfield Wrote:
(08-15-2023, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What's it like to work for Jim Irsay?

It's like this:

It's not really as bad as it looks, though.  You have a year Luck was injured, the year Luck retired a week before the season, and then the year that Rivers took those guys to the playoffs.  It's really only two one-year failures on that list.  Funny that those guys thought that either Wentz or a hundred YO Ryan was the answer, anyway...

I see one year that Luck was injured and 5 bad decisions. Decisions likely influenced by a meddling owner.

All teams go through QB droughts. It happens. All teams don't have an owner like Irsay pushing coaches and GMs to make bad decisions.

(05-05-2023, 03:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 01:02 PM)Mikey Wrote: ....remember when they said that about the other Josh Allen?

I sure as heck hope he Tebow 2.0 too, but it's not like we haven't seen development strike gold recently.

Allen had better statistics coming out, as poor as his accuracy was. A lot of Allen’s missed passes in college came from a lot of deep shots/low percentage plays. 

That said he did take a lot of work and still took a good 2 years to develop and was already ahead of where Richardson is now. 

Also Allen is the rare exception. Many many more have come in with measurables/potential and fell flat on their face.

Yeah, Allen is the reason I no longer have any confidence in the evaluation of QBs.  I laughed my butt off when Buffalo traded up for him, and thought "how is a 3rd-team WAC QB gonna suddenly find next level accuracy against NFL defenses?  Never gonna happen!"  When Jordan Love came out with the exact same resume, I was shaking my head even more.  I also loved Zach Wilson after watching a bunch of BYU games.  Now, Allen's a stud, Love's getting a shot, and Wilson flamed out.  None of the new QBs in our division have looked good yet, but I wouldn't count them out...

Colts give Taylor permission to seek trade

(08-21-2023, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Colts give Taylor permission to seek trade

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11377184]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-28-2023, 09:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: RIchardson will be the Newton of this QB class. He'll probably get off to a decent start in his NFL career. Because of his size and speed. You're going to have to scale your play calls though down to short to mid level stuff. His accuracy is no bueno. That's going to take time to get better with. He is a good fit though with Johnathan Taylor and having bigger, physical receivers like Pittman and Pierce can only help him.

Keep in mind. They DO have Shane Steichen as their headcoach now. You can fully expect them to imitate some of the things the Eagles have done over the last two years with Jalen Hurts. A lot of running, designed running specifically for the QB and a few deep shots here and there. I don't think Richardson will be an overnight success, but, because he has those things you cannot coach or teach? I wouldn't count him out.

Even Tebow had his 15 minutes of fame in the NFL. The best way to beat Lawrence is to keep him on the sideline as well. So, having a run first offense with a gifted runner at the QB position sets them up for success to do just that. Don't underestimate any of these guys man. Hell, the tacks are probably going to land Will Levis this evening. It is what it is.
Well...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-10-2023, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 09:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: RIchardson will be the Newton of this QB class. He'll probably get off to a decent start in his NFL career. Because of his size and speed. You're going to have to scale your play calls though down to short to mid level stuff. His accuracy is no bueno. That's going to take time to get better with. He is a good fit though with Johnathan Taylor and having bigger, physical receivers like Pittman and Pierce can only help him.

Keep in mind. They DO have Shane Steichen as their headcoach now. You can fully expect them to imitate some of the things the Eagles have done over the last two years with Jalen Hurts. A lot of running, designed running specifically for the QB and a few deep shots here and there. I don't think Richardson will be an overnight success, but, because he has those things you cannot coach or teach? I wouldn't count him out.

Even Tebow had his 15 minutes of fame in the NFL. The best way to beat Lawrence is to keep him on the sideline as well. So, having a run first offense with a gifted runner at the QB position sets them up for success to do just that. Don't underestimate any of these guys man. Hell, the tacks are probably going to land Will Levis this evening. It is what it is.
Well...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

He didn’t do bad. I see why they are so high on him. Colts would win a few more games this year with Minshew. But they need the higher draft picks. And they may as well let the rookie take his lumps. He’ll be a force to contend with in year three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!