Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clots doing Clot things

Richardson didn't look like a 21 y/o rookie out there, especially against a playoff team (Potential AFC Champs ^_^ ). But the more game tape on him, teams will eventually find a way to slow him down significantly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He did play better than a lot of us expected including me.

(09-10-2023, 10:51 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Richardson didn't look like a 21 y/o rookie out there, especially against a playoff team (Potential AFC Champs ^_^ ). But the more game tape on him, teams will eventually find a way to slow him down significantly.

Look what we did to him with three quarters of watching him. That's not a brag, just a statement of fact about run-crazy QBs. 

Can we also speculate, in a low murmur, that he is also fragile? 

Tune in next time to, 'clots nation'.

(09-10-2023, 11:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 10:51 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Richardson didn't look like a 21 y/o rookie out there, especially against a playoff team (Potential AFC Champs ^_^ ). But the more game tape on him, teams will eventually find a way to slow him down significantly.

Look what we did to him with three quarters of watching him. That's not a brag, just a statement of fact about run-crazy QBs. 

They started with a Clydesdale and are gonna have a Shetland pony by seasons end

Other than that INT he threw to Campbell I felt like he did enough yesterday for his rookie debut. I think he'll get better down the stretch. He's probably going to end up being the best QB from his class. Once they figure out what they're doing with Taylor they might have a really strong running game going.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-10-2023, 11:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Yeah, I dunno what the diagnosis was, but a lot of guys gut out that last few plays to try and get the ball in the EZ.

I think his day was fine. Made some nice tosses, made a few rookie mistakes, but they seemed to be keeping things simple with slants and quick-read calls. He'll take some lumps as he learns the game, but I don't see him being a total washout.

Richardson has potential to be sure. Just not sure if the stars will align for him realizing that potential before Indy is forced to move on.

He did pretty well hitting the dink and dunks over the middle that we expected against our zone defense.
He showed some RPO ability and had a few improvised runs too.
He had mixed results in terms of throwing downfield and it hurt him in the end.

When he is able to get the downfield throwing up to an NFL standard is probably the determining factor in his career.
The other stuff should come along fine.
Would really help if the colts had their star RB and one stud receiver for him to acclimate with.

Oh well. Thanks, Irsay. We'll take it from here.

Definitely noticed him struggle more as the game went on and we figured out some tendencies. His first half was much better than his second half. I'll be interested to see how he does next week and moving forward as teams get more tape on him. That was my main concern with this game being week 1 and not knowing how Steichen planned to use him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 11:45 AM by Jag149.)

My forecast for AR. He will improve as the seasons go on, showing flashes of being really good. (not really winning anything) They will sign him to a HUGE long term deal, he will have arrived and get the big head. He will run one too many times feeling invincible and be done. This will leave Indy with a bunch of guaranteed money to write off.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-11-2023, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Definitely noticed him struggle more as the game went on and we figured out some tendencies. His first half was much better than his second half. I'll be interested to see how he does next week and moving forward as teams get more tape on him. That was my main concern with this game being week 1 and not knowing how Steichen planned to use him.

Did you notice Josh Allen was waiting for him every time he tried to use the right end for a run lane? We had him figured out in 3 quarters and then put a hurting to him. If they don't train his rabbit tendencies soon, he won't make it long enough to get a big contract.

Honestly he seems to have a lot of the mental aspects and athletic aspects down. He looks like he knows what he is doing. But his accuracy is terrible. For now everyone is being nice to him and he is being nice back. But at UF we saw his character is not great in the face of legit criticism. That may improve. He's only 21 so his personality and character are still improving If he can also improve his accuracy watch out.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Another benefit of having an ascending team is we no longer have posters on here from division rivals give us the business.

IDK what game some of the posters here and Colts fans were watching but I was rather unimpressed by everything except his athleticism. Once the halftime adjustments took away the screen pass he looked absolutely horrific throwing the ball. The more tape that comes out on him the worse it'll get, it seemed like he was only making half field reads and predetermined throws. I get that he's a strong athletic guy with a big arm but I didn't see touch, accuracy, or anything that really made me go "wow". Like I don't see the 2nd coming of Cam Newton I see at best a more athletic David Garrard.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-12-2023, 03:42 PM)Firesky Wrote:

IDK what game some of the posters here and Colts fans were watching but I was rather unimpressed by everything except his athleticism. Once the halftime adjustments took away the screen pass he looked absolutely horrific throwing the ball. The more tape that comes out on him the worse it'll get, it seemed like he was only making half field reads and predetermined throws. I get that he's a strong athletic guy with a big arm but I didn't see touch, accuracy, or anything that really made me go "wow". Like I don't see the 2nd coming of Cam Newton I see at best a more athletic David Garrard.

Colts fans are being delusional, which I get. Same as some of us (me) with Minshew and even back to Blake and Gabbert.

As for us here, I don't know if any of us thought he played well, I think it's more we expected his second half struggles to show from the first snap and he didn't look AS bad as we expected early on. He still wasn't good and Colts fans shouldn't be brimming with confidence for the guy like they are.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2023, 06:14 PM by I am Yoda.)

(09-11-2023, 10:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another benefit of having an ascending team is we no longer have posters on here from division rivals give us the business.

Seems nice, yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-12-2023, 03:42 PM)Firesky Wrote:

I think he’s got potential after watching him. He’ll never be Cam. But he can be a good starter. We’re going to have to account for him for several years.

(09-13-2023, 08:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 03:42 PM)Firesky Wrote: IDK what game some of the posters here and Colts fans were watching but I was rather unimpressed by everything except his athleticism. Once the halftime adjustments took away the screen pass he looked absolutely horrific throwing the ball. The more tape that comes out on him the worse it'll get, it seemed like he was only making half field reads and predetermined throws. I get that he's a strong athletic guy with a big arm but I didn't see touch, accuracy, or anything that really made me go "wow". Like I don't see the 2nd coming of Cam Newton I see at best a more athletic David Garrard.

Colts fans are being delusional, which I get. Same as some of us (me) with Minshew and even back to Blake and Gabbert.

As for us here, I don't know if any of us thought he played well, I think it's more we expected his second half struggles to show from the first snap and he didn't look AS bad as we expected early on. He still wasn't good and Colts fans shouldn't be brimming with confidence for the guy like they are.

They’ve had so little to be excited about since Luck abruptly retired. I understand the hope. But it’s going to be like AFC teams’ hope during the Brady era.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-11-2023, 10:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another benefit of having an ascending team is we no longer have posters on here from division rivals give us the business.

Just wait - if the tacks carve out a little 2 or 3 win stretch we'll get a little influx of those poster children for affordable dental insurance and incest awareness. Doesn't take much to get their blood up. A couple decent games from Tannehill and Henry + a little bit of that sour mash Tennessee "I want to be Kentucky bourbon when I grow up" swill that they drink - they'll figure out their old passwords.

(09-16-2023, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Just wait - if the tacks carve out a little 2 or 3 win stretch we'll get a little influx of those poster children for affordable dental insurance and incest awareness. Doesn't take much to get their blood up. A couple decent games from Tannehill and Henry + a little bit of that sour mash Tennessee "I want to be Kentucky bourbon when I grow up" swill that they drink - they'll figure out their old passwords.

Laughing

(09-16-2023, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Man, they'd be so offended by this if they could read.

We should be forming our own raiding parties though.  The gettin’ is gonna be good for a while.

Anthony Richardson out with a concussion. Gardner Minshew to start against the Ravens. 

Go, Gardner. Ravens are going to whoop ya, but go. 

?https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/col...r-AA1h7KTp