Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you grade day 1?
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Grade day one

(04-28-2023, 12:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 11:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I gave it an A.

I give it an A every year.  So I guess my grade doesn't mean much.

How can you not have faith each year when they have a proven historical track record of successful drafts.

2010 Draft
1 - 10 Tyson Alualu DT California
3 - 74 D'Anthony Smith DT Louisiana Tech
5 - 143 Larry Hart DE    Central Arkansas
5 - 153 Austen Lane DE Murray State
6 - 180 Deji Karim RB Southern Illinois
6 - 203 Scotty McGee DB James Madison

2011 Draft
1 - 10 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
3 - 76 Will Rackley G  Lehigh
4 - 114 Cecil Shorts III WR Mount Union
4 - 121 Chris Prosinski S Wyoming
5 - 147 Rod Issac DB Middle Tennessee State

2012 Draft
1 (5 TRADE): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
2 (38): Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
3 (70): Bryan Anger, P, California
5 (142): Brandon Marshall, LB, Nevada
6 (172): Mike Harris, CB, Florida State
7 (228): Jeris Pendleton, DT, Ashland

Gene Smith was somethin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like that we went OL. I advocate for building from the lines back. I will give credit to Baalke for taking the guy he would have taken earlier anyway and getting more draft picks in the bargain. Nice wheeling and dealing. For the pick itself, I'm feeling pretty positive about the guy after reading more about him and the Sooners always seem to churn out quality OL players. I'd give the pick a solid A.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-28-2023, 03:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 03:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Anton will probably be our starting LT for now. When Robinson comes back Anton will go to RT.

Lol, our best LT will play LT in Walker Little.  He will beat out the rookie if there is a LT competition and he will solidify the LT spot by the time Cam is back.  Cam might just play LG when he comes back.

Why didn’t Little beat out Cam last year ?

(04-28-2023, 03:47 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 03:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, our best LT will play LT in Walker Little.  He will beat out the rookie if there is a LT competition and he will solidify the LT spot by the time Cam is back.  Cam might just play LG when he comes back.

Why didn’t Little beat out Cam last year ?

They had him at RT because they just gave Cam a new contract. Then he couldn't beat out the guy at a position he was new at by the guy that just signed a 80 mil dollar contract.  Players also improved as they get experience at the next level as he showed when he came in at LT and we went on the run the 2nd half of the season to make the playoffs

(04-28-2023, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Banks was there would they have taken him over Harrison

Probably not.  I don't think the Jaguars would have traded down with the Giants if Banks was their preference at # 24.  Banks would have likely had to be rated in a higher cluster on the Jaguars Draft Board for the Jaguars to turn down the Giants trade offer.  Banks probably is best suited to continue to be an outside CB.  The Jags need is at the Slot CB position.

(04-28-2023, 04:18 PM)D6 Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Banks was there would they have taken him over Harrison

Probably not.  I don't think the Jaguars would have traded down with the Giants if Banks was their preference at # 24.  Banks would have likely had to be rated in a higher cluster on the Jaguars Draft Board for the Jaguars to turn down the Giants trade offer.  Banks probably is best suited to continue to be an outside CB.  The Jags need is at the Slot CB position.

Outside CB is the more premium position, and in all likelihood Campbell or Williams will get banged up over a 17-game season, not to mention Williams is probably gone after this season. The draft isn't just about filling immediate needs. If that's the case, you start reaching.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-28-2023, 04:30 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 04:18 PM)D6 Wrote: Probably not.  I don't think the Jaguars would have traded down with the Giants if Banks was their preference at # 24.  Banks would have likely had to be rated in a higher cluster on the Jaguars Draft Board for the Jaguars to turn down the Giants trade offer.  Banks probably is best suited to continue to be an outside CB.  The Jags need is at the Slot CB position.

Outside CB is the more premium position, and in all likelihood Campbell or Williams will get banged up over a 17-game season, not to mention Williams is probably gone after this season. The draft isn't just about filling immediate needs. If that's the case, you start reaching.

I agree with everything you mentioned.  Yet, considering the Jaguars need at Tackle was probably the team's greatest need because of the Cam Robinson suspension and Robinson is coming off a season ending knee injury, if the two players are in the same cluster on the Jaguars Draft Board, Anton Harrison makes more sense. Especially, with Trevor Lawrence being a Franchise QB and the one player the team absolutely can't afford to lose to injury.

Who knows, Robinson could rework his contract and stay. Either way, Harrison is the future at LT. It’s a good problem to have because now the Jaguars can put the best 5 offensive lineman on the field.

This gets an A from me. The value is here. The need is here. And you still get the guy after trading down twice.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 06:15 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

this is the best way i seen someone menttion Jags pick last night.  Hes so funny. What he said though to is true,jags are at the 4:26 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYK5YSjvGS0

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-28-2023, 06:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: this is the best way i seen someone menttion Jags pick last night.  Hes so funny. What he said though to is true,jags are at the 4:26 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYK5YSjvGS0

Haha

(04-28-2023, 10:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Today will establish the overall grade for this draft.

Exactly

Just win, baby

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 07:22 PM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 6 times in total.)

This get a A for me and a lot of the pundits learn their lesson from last year and here is why i said in another thread.

"It is funny all I heard was we need OL Trevor cant get the ball to the WR if he's on his back blaw blaw blaw now they do exactly that and some still pissing a storm . 1) No one other than Baalke and Doug built the culture and the team when everyone here was giving them [BLEEP] including me. Now the Team got some level of respectabilty they should do what listen to what any of US the nay sayers have to say now. When we paid for kirk it was [BLEEP] when we paid for Zay and Evan it was a bitchaocalypse. When we drafted Walker ,Lloyd and Muma it was a bitchtastrophy. I learn my lesson to shut up move [BLEEP] and get out of the way an let the architects build their master piece."