Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcus Peters available

Well, the Ravens just nabbed Rock Ya-Sin, 26, good in man coverage, for $6M/year. Bummer.  

Marcus Peters, 30, should be available now.  Would you sign him to play opposite Tyson Campbell in a 1-year deal? Secondary would be a strength.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How is he in the slot?

(05-04-2023, 01:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: How is he in the slot?

Put 5’9” Williams back in the slot.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-04-2023, 08:27 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Williams plays well outside

Just get a nickel

(05-04-2023, 08:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 08:27 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Put 5’9” Williams back in the slot.

Williams plays well outside

Just get a nickel

We've got several on the roster now, just need to figure out which one is the best of them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2023, 01:20 PM by Jag88.)

We are all waiting and hoping Balkie makes a couple more moves to help the defense.

(05-04-2023, 08:27 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

He did not play well inside.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 05:17 PM by jaglou53.)

They need to sign Bryce Callahan. Baalke can't rely on Herndon or one of the late round picks to be reliable at nickel next season. Callahan has a history as a good nickel and will not break the bank.

Just saw Callahan signed with the Chargers. Baalke has done another 180 regarding his reputation, in my opinion. Not sure if any good nickel candidates are left for a reasonable price. AFC quarterbacks will feast on our secondary again next season (nickelback to be specific).

(05-04-2023, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 08:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Williams plays well outside

Just get a nickel

We've got several on the roster now, just need to figure out which one is the best of them.

And what if Tre Herndon is the best of them?

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 07:58 PM by Jag88.)

(05-05-2023, 07:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We've got several on the roster now, just need to figure out which one is the best of them.

Then we are back to square 1

I apologize regarding my confusion regarding Bryce Callahan. It looks like he is still un-signed. The Chargers signed him one year ago on a one year deal. If I am not mistaken again (for the 3rd time ) the Jaguars need to sign him now. While he may not be Deion Sanders in his prime, he had a very good year in San Diego playing the nickel. I believe he'd be much better than Herndon, Braswell, Johnson or any other current players on the roster at the nickel spot. He has had injuries, but is worth the risk since he will not break the bank ($5 million for 1 year is an estimate). They'd still have enough money to sign Justin Houston on a one year deal.

(05-05-2023, 07:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We've got several on the roster now, just need to figure out which one is the best of them.

Then he plays and we know that Tyson was a Meyer pick not a Baalke one. Because anyone who takes 5 stabs at something and still fails clearly didn't understand the concept.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 10:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-06-2023, 09:34 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I apologize regarding my confusion regarding Bryce Callahan. It looks like he is still un-signed. The Chargers signed him one year ago on a one year deal. If I am not mistaken again (for the 3rd time ) the Jaguars need to sign him now. While he may not be Deion Sanders in his prime, he had a very good year in San Diego playing the nickel. I believe he'd be much better than Herndon, Braswell, Johnson or any other current players on the roster at the nickel spot. He has had injuries, but is worth the risk since he will not break the bank ($5 million for 1 year is an estimate). They'd still have enough money to sign Justin Houston on a one year deal.

Callahan would be much cheaper than 5 mil a season.  We could probably get him on a 1 year deal for half of that.  Last year he signed a 1 year deal for 1.27 mil

We need to go hard after Leonard Floyd imo and our pass rush would be much improved from last year.

(05-07-2023, 10:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 09:34 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I apologize regarding my confusion regarding Bryce Callahan. It looks like he is still un-signed. The Chargers signed him one year ago on a one year deal. If I am not mistaken again (for the 3rd time ) the Jaguars need to sign him now. While he may not be Deion Sanders in his prime, he had a very good year in San Diego playing the nickel. I believe he'd be much better than Herndon, Braswell, Johnson or any other current players on the roster at the nickel spot. He has had injuries, but is worth the risk since he will not break the bank ($5 million for 1 year is an estimate). They'd still have enough money to sign Justin Houston on a one year deal.

Callahan would be much cheaper than 5 mil a season.  We could probably get him on a 1 year deal for half of that.  Last year he signed a 1 year deal for 1.27 mil

We need to go hard after Leonard Floyd imo and our pass rush would be much improved from last year.

That would be even better. Use that extra $2.5 million to sign either Floyd or Houston. I'd prefer both to Markus Golden, who has a connection to the Jaguars coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being the guy they sign.