Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Schedule

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 10:28 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

That [BLEEP] was funny

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haha nice

Interesting choice putting the Chiefs game at 1PM. Most of the country won't see it in that slot.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-11-2023, 10:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Interesting choice putting the Chiefs game at 1PM.  Most of the country won't see it in that slot.

The majority of NFL games are in that slot.  
Are you saying most of our nation's NFL fans don't watch them?

I have friends and fam in Washington state. Trust that they watch games at 10 am if they are interested in them.

I thought I recognized Asher Grodman from Ghosts. Good stuff. Nice to see former jags get involved too.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I really like our schedule. Should be favorable early to build some momentum, we aren't being jerked around with road games too badly. Nice primetime exposure, but not too much in case the wheels fall off... fingers crossed for a great season.

The hunter has now become the hunted. It’s time to put in the work to become a good team and rekindle that togetherness that the team had last year that will help them play their best ball during crunch time.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 06:54 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Given the subject of writing scripts, I’m surprised Tony Khan wasn’t involved with that production.

3 night games. The Trevor effect is real.

as usual NFL gives the Jags the toughest schedule of all 32 teams in NFL. Hopefuly it ends up being a good thing so jags can  prepare to beat the good teams in playoffs if team gets into playoffs.  It will be very hard to beat the tittians,colts have minshew,texans were competive just couldn't close out games. Bills, chiefs, bengals all super bowl contenders.  Steelers are always a winning team,they are playoff contenders. San fran has a top defense,and thier qb is a god qb.  Ravans always play jags tough.  Jags haven't ever beaton waton in a game,and browns have a good defense. Saints are a better team then people think,and they got a  qb with carr who is also better then people thik. Tampa bay has a strong defense,pannters have a really strong defense.  Just a touch on the divisionel games  those games are always tough even if other teams are in downward sprials.   I'll give record predictions after 3rd preseson game. all im saying in this post is a truth that needs to be said.  

THERE ARE NO EASY GAMES IN NFL!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 07:25 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-12-2023, 06:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Given the subject of writing scripts, I’m surprised Tony Khan wasn’t involved with that production.

3 night games. The Trevor effect is real.

FWIW, I think it was Mia who tweeted out that Roger considers 9:30 AM east coast kick off London games as prime time games as well since it’s the only game on in its slot.  5 of our games will be the only game on TV when they’re played and will obviously be nationally broadcast.  I know those two London games are tough slots for our west coast fans, but that exposure these 5 games will bring is huge for this team and the awareness it’ll bring to casuals nationally.

That video about the games being scripted is absolutely hilarious.

They placed us #12. Boo!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...201015007/

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 08:15 AM by Mikey.)

(05-11-2023, 08:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Colts don't have any corners.  Who is going to cover Ridley, Kirk, and Zay?

I'll put money on the zebras

(05-11-2023, 08:55 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Did hell freeze over? A Sunday and Monday night game is insane for the Jags.

winning has its priveleges.

We need to stay healthy, and take advantage of the chance to win over a lot of doubters.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 08:27 AM by Mikey.)

(05-11-2023, 09:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 08:32 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Some good advantages here, staying on the east coast mostly and staying in FL for 3 straight games in December is convenient

The farthest they have to travel this season is Houston. Not bad. Obviously they go to London, just like every year, but as far as the States go, can't beat that.

PIT and CLE are further, but same time zone.

(05-11-2023, 10:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Interesting choice putting the Chiefs game at 1PM.  Most of the country won't see it in that slot.

we gotta lotta divisional games on fox too, from what I read. Means I'll have to go to the bar because we always get stuck with failcons games...because anybody wants to watch that train wreck

(05-11-2023, 10:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The majority of NFL games are in that slot.  
Are you saying most of our nation's NFL fans don't watch them?

10AM kick on the west coast, a bunch of other markets will broadcast local teams instead of a potential feature game, us vs. the world, you know...

(05-12-2023, 07:17 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as usual NFL gives the Jags the toughest schedule of all 32 teams in NFL. Hopefuly it ends up being a good thing so jags can  prepare to beat the good teams in playoffs if team gets into playoffs.  It will be very hard to beat the tittians,colts have minshew,texans were competive just couldn't close out games. Bills, chiefs, bengals all super bowl contenders.  Steelers are always a winning team,they are playoff contenders. San fran has a top defense,and thier qb is a god qb.  Ravans always play jags tough.  Jags haven't ever beaton waton in a game,and browns have a good defense. Saints are a better team then people think,and they got a  qb with carr who is also better then people thik. Tampa bay has a strong defense,pannters have a really strong defense.  Just a touch on the divisionel games  those games are always tough even if other teams are in downward sprials.   I'll give record predictions after 3rd preseson game. all im saying in this post is a truth that needs to be said.  

THERE ARE NO EASY GAMES IN NFL!!!!!!!

I uh...I think the bot has a virus

We did not get the toughest schedule, we got 6 games against fading or rebuilding division rivals. We drew the NFC South, which has three teams in rebuild and one that has no coaching and a middling QB in his first year with the team.

But sure, we're the victim. This is what opportunity looks like. We have some tough games, but also some VERY winnable games, too. Not like we drew the chefs for 17 straight weeks, sheesh.

The video was hilarious. Are other teams doing this kind of stuff? lol.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 08:50 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-12-2023, 08:44 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: The video was hilarious. Are other teams doing this kind of stuff? lol.

I think so. On Twitter I think the Chargers did an animated one and Atlanta posted some kind of gif or meme I think involving some rapper. I think what we did was top notch though. I don't think I have seen this team do anything like that before and it was fun seeing the players, the coach and owner involved. 

The jabs taken at the scripted part was hilarious. "We're going to CGI that interception into the play where it bounces off that guys helmet and lands in Jenkins' hands". We had a [BLEEP] ton of lucky bounces last year. Pug Dederson. Haha. I bet we'll hear that as an audible or play call at some point this year on a soundbite. Book it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-12-2023, 08:44 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: The video was hilarious. Are other teams doing this kind of stuff? lol.
Every team is doing it now.

I hate to say it but the tacks one is really funny.

(05-12-2023, 08:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Every team is doing it now.

I hate to say it but the tacks one is really funny.

It is. 

We are the Chester Cheetos. Or we don’t exist. 

One of those.