Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Scott

(05-22-2023, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Back on topic -- Tim Scott

I like what I see when it comes to 2028 when Trump is out of the race.  Regarding Tim Scott in 2024, there are still a lot of people that will simply not vote for a candidate due to the skin color and some people that will vote for a candidate simply based on their skin color.  As such, given the fact that in most states the GOP ethnic makeup consists of 80-90% being white and a lot of the deep south states reflecting up to 95% white population, where we absolutely know racial divide exists, I think think Tim Scott has any chance of winning on 2024 but perhaps he can get some exposure for 2028 and wait for some old fogey racists to die off in the next 5 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/rel...-lean-rep/

[Image: d53.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-22-2023, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Back on topic -- Tim Scott

I like what I see when it comes to 2028 when Trump is out of the race.  Regarding Tim Scott in 2024, there are still a lot of people that will simply not vote for a candidate due to the skin color and some people that will vote for a candidate simply based on their skin color.  As such, given the fact that in most states the GOP ethnic makeup consists of 80-90% being white and a lot of the deep south states reflecting up to 95% white population, where we absolutely know racial divide exists, I think think Tim Scott has any chance of winning on 2024 but perhaps he can get some exposure for 2028 and wait for some old fogey racists to die off in the next 5 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/rel...-lean-rep/

He won a US Senate race in the state of South Carolina, home of Strom Thurmond, and the first state to secede in the Civil War, so I don't think skin color is gonna be a real problem.

I think he could get something going by differentiating himself from the negativity of Trump and DeSantis and selling a positive message about how his grandfather picked cotton for a living and now he's in the US Senate and that's why he loves America, etc etc.  That's what he did in his Senate race.  I don't recall him ever talking about his opponent in his commercials.  It was all about a positive American story, and how great this country is.
He's losing support from the voters because he turned out to be another RINO swamp creature that SC leadership always makes sure is the republican choice. They are basically controlled by the chamber of commerce side.

Go look at all his latest statements about all the manufactured social issues and you will see he is not a conservative and the fact he comes from the state that Graham is still winning without any real challenges but no support shows he doesn't care about the people.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(05-23-2023, 12:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He won a US Senate race in the state of South Carolina, home of Strom Thurmond, and the first state to secede in the Civil War, so I don't think skin color is gonna be a real problem.

I think he could get something going by differentiating himself from the negativity of Trump and DeSantis and selling a positive message about how his grandfather picked cotton for a living and now he's in the US Senate and that's why he loves America, etc etc.  That's what he did in his Senate race.  I don't recall him ever talking about his opponent in his commercials.  It was all about a positive American story, and how great this country is.
He's losing support from the voters because he turned out to be another RINO swamp creature that SC leadership always makes sure is the republican choice. They are basically controlled by the chamber of commerce side.

Go look at all his latest statements about all the manufactured social issues and you will see he is not a conservative and the fact he comes from the state that Graham is still winning without any real challenges but no support shows he doesn't care about the people.

Your favorite candidate is a guy who complains endlessly about everything.  If that's what you like in a candidate, that's fine.  But I think a candidate could capture a majority by selling a much more positive message about the future, and not this endless negativity about how we're all going to hell.

(05-23-2023, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 12:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He's losing support from the voters because he turned out to be another RINO swamp creature that SC leadership always makes sure is the republican choice. They are basically controlled by the chamber of commerce side.

Your favorite candidate is a guy who complains endlessly about everything.  If that's what you like in a candidate, that's fine.  But I think a candidate could capture a majority by selling a much more positive message about the future, and not this endless negativity about how we're all going to hell.
So you just want the meme where everything is on fire but you tell yourself everything is fine.

A positive message is worthless when it's all talk and no actual plans to change anything. Trump is positive in all his rallies but then you would need to listen to them.

It's like the current house republicans who have talked a ton about changing things. They have maybe shown a few people all the info that was already out there but at the end of the day they have accomplished nothing and will accomplish nothing.

(05-23-2023, 07:38 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Your favorite candidate is a guy who complains endlessly about everything.  If that's what you like in a candidate, that's fine.  But I think a candidate could capture a majority by selling a much more positive message about the future, and not this endless negativity about how we're all going to hell.
So you just want the meme where everything is on fire but you tell yourself everything is fine.

A positive message is worthless when it's all talk and no actual plans to change anything. Trump is positive in all his rallies but then you would need to listen to them.

It's like the current house republicans who have talked a ton about changing things. They have maybe shown a few people all the info that was already out there but at the end of the day they have accomplished nothing and will accomplish nothing.

In a material sense the US is doing great. In terms of social mobility, we used to have more, but we still have more than most places.  In terms of good government, we are not the best, but we are much less corrupt and much more representative than most other governments out there.

Trumps message that we are going down the tubes and only he can save us is total bunk.  We aren't going down the tubes.  And we've seen Trump's leadership.  He couldn't lead us out of a paper bag.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-23-2023, 07:48 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:38 AM)p_rushing Wrote: So you just want the meme where everything is on fire but you tell yourself everything is fine.

In a material sense the US is doing great. In terms of social mobility, we used to have more, but we still have more than most places.  In terms of good government, we are not the best, but we are much less corrupt and much more representative than most other governments out there.

Trumps message that we are going down the tubes and only he can save us is total bunk.  We aren't going down the tubes.  And we've seen Trump's leadership.  He couldn't lead us out of a paper bag.

Yeah, you're so right. A booming economy, middle class income increases of $6k per family, household net worth hit an all-time high, the lowest unemployment for blacks ever, 7 million people off of food stamps, energy independence for America, cheap gas and a full strategic oil reserve, the opening of Chinese markets to American farmers,  and getting involved in zero wars clearly displays how awful his leadership was. Who would ever want such terrible outcomes?!?! 

Just keep your head in the sand, that's the only place you'll feel safe.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-23-2023, 08:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: In a material sense the US is doing great. In terms of social mobility, we used to have more, but we still have more than most places.  In terms of good government, we are not the best, but we are much less corrupt and much more representative than most other governments out there.

Yeah, you're so right. A booming economy, middle class income increases of $6k per family, household net worth hit an all-time high, the lowest unemployment for blacks ever, 7 million people off of food stamps, energy independence for America, cheap gas and a full strategic oil reserve, the opening of Chinese markets to American farmers,  and getting involved in zero wars clearly displays how awful his leadership was. Who would ever want such terrible outcomes?!?! 

Trump said we were going down the tubes in 2016.  That was incorrect.  And to the extent that anything improved during his four years, he probably doesn't deserve the credit.  Look how much the deficit grew.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Lol.

(05-23-2023, 08:51 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 08:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, you're so right. A booming economy, middle class income increases of $6k per family, household net worth hit an all-time high, the lowest unemployment for blacks ever, 7 million people off of food stamps, energy independence for America, cheap gas and a full strategic oil reserve, the opening of Chinese markets to American farmers,  and getting involved in zero wars clearly displays how awful his leadership was. Who would ever want such terrible outcomes?!?! 

Trump said we were going down the tubes in 2016.  That was incorrect.  And to the extent that anything improved during his four years, he probably doesn't deserve the credit.  Look how much the deficit grew.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-20-2023, 09:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote: If you like Scott, you should join the democrat party. He is another RINO from a state that needs to purge their entire republican leadership as they all suck.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Right.  He needs run the country like those strong Democratic States like California and Oregon!   Rolleyes Confused