Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Organized Team Activities, 2023

(05-24-2023, 04:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JVillainsPod/status/...63913?s=20

I was hanging with by avid PSU friend at Brix when we saw the Jags pick of Strange pop up.  It was of his opinion that although Gesicki holds all of the records, he thought Stange was better than Pat Freiermuth and Mike Gesicki.   I'll wait and see as all 3 seem to be very similar in nature to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

observations from Jags.com talking heads:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-ota...servations

Ridley press chat:
https://youtu.be/UOdNVPem6EU

I feel like every year theres at least one player whether it be a free agent or a draft pick that each fan gets extremely excited to see play for their team, I think for most of us that's Ridley this year and man I cannot wait to see how he fits in here. He was amazing with Matt Ryan during the decline of Matty Ice, I wonder how good he can truely be with a QB who is starting to come into his own.

(05-31-2023, 05:42 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel like every year theres at least one player whether it be a free agent or a draft pick that each fan gets extremely excited to see play for their team, I think for most of us that's Ridley this year and man I cannot wait to see how he fits in here. He was amazing with Matt Ryan during the decline of Matty Ice, I wonder how good he can truely be with a QB who is starting to come into his own.
This times a million

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(05-31-2023, 05:42 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel like every year theres at least one player whether it be a free agent or a draft pick that each fan gets extremely excited to see play for their team, I think for most of us that's Ridley this year and man I cannot wait to see how he fits in here. He was amazing with Matt Ryan during the decline of Matty  Ice, I wonder how good he can truely be with a QB who is starting to come into his own.

We got us a big gun with all the right bullets. This could be huge the next couple seasons with this roster.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-01-2023, 12:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 05:42 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel like every year theres at least one player whether it be a free agent or a draft pick that each fan gets extremely excited to see play for their team, I think for most of us that's Ridley this year and man I cannot wait to see how he fits in here. He was amazing with Matt Ryan during the decline of Matty  Ice, I wonder how good he can truely be with a QB who is starting to come into his own.

We got us a big gun with all the right bullets. This could be huge the next couple seasons with this roster.

Could be indeed. Would love nothing more than Ridley to be the same guy he was a few seasons ago and be a true #1 that we haven't had for so long, even if it's only for 3-4 years it would be awesome.

Pro Bowl QB, Trevor is throwing absolute dimes out here.

From 2021 to 2022 his accuracy has improved from 59.6% to 66.3%, his QB rating he went from 71.9 to 95.2, he threw for an extra yard per attempt, going from 6 YPA to 7 YPA.

It’s like he’s throwing the ball wherever he wants during these OTA’s. He’s hitting the seam, the go routes, and the deep crossers with pin point accuracy and plenty of zip. His arm looks live. The spin on the ball when it comes off his hand…wow.

It’s neither here nor there because we wouldn’t be able to draft Lawrence. But, if he went back to Clemson his senior year, last season would have been his rookie year and he had 3 comeback wins with 2 game winning drives, won 9 ball games, made the playoffs, won a playoff game coming from 27 points back, and lost to Mahome Boy by 7 points. And was 7th in MVP voting and made the Pro Bowl.

Great time take be a Jaguars fan.

This is all nice and all, but we are now about 100 days away from the start of something special. Week 1

(06-02-2023, 05:16 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This is all nice and all, but we are now about 100 days away from the start of something special. Week 1

Yeah. Should be a good year with less drama hopefully. By drama I mean just more, overall quality games from the first whistle to the final whistle where we're clearly winning convincingly and have the game under control. 

I know it's the NFL and it's any given Sunday but it feels like this team, especially in this division, they should be able to get away with this enough to win 10 games. I just want to see that natural ascension, where, the teams they're clearly head and shoulders above? They put them away. 

They'll get to go toe-to-toe with Kansas City, Cincinatti, San Fransico, Buffalo and Baltimore this regular season. Those are really the only major games that stick out to me where it can go either way, but, they should still hold their own in those contests. They were able to do so last year. I expect everybody to be more fluid offensively and I expect some hiccups still on defense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just got tickets to the Chiefs game. Going to get tickets to the Saints game in a couple weeks. N.O. is about an hour drive closer than Jax for me so that will be nice. Never been to a game in Nola, Thurs night game will be cool too

(06-04-2023, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just got tickets to the Chiefs game.  Going to get tickets to the Saints game in a couple weeks.  N.O. is about an hour drive closer than Jax for me so that will be nice.  Never been to a game in Nola, Thurs night game will be cool too

Bro!! That’s awesome. Let’s go!

(06-04-2023, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just got tickets to the Chiefs game.  Going to get tickets to the Saints game in a couple weeks.  N.O. is about an hour drive closer than Jax for me so that will be nice.  Never been to a game in Nola, Thurs night game will be cool too

Hell yeah. I'll be going to the game in Houston this year for sure since I now live in South Texas.
Trying to figure out if I'm gonna shell out money to go to a Jags home game as well this year....

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 10:07 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Not really OTA related, but love seeing them get some team bonding in during their off days. Even Baalke is out there gettin in on it.
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1667262577267691528

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2023, 08:24 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-05-2023, 03:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Bro!! That’s awesome. Let’s go!

Can't wait.  I think I've missed like 1 home opener in the last 10 years or so.  The Chiefs game was the one game I really wanted to go to this year and when the schedule came out that it was our home opener that was icing on the cake.

(06-05-2023, 10:28 PM)Kane Wrote:

Hell yeah. I'll be going to the game in Houston this year for sure since I now live in South Texas.
Trying to figure out if I'm gonna shell out money to go to a Jags home game as well this year....

If you can only go to 1 home game just save it and go to the playoff game.  I was at the Chargers playoff game and the Bills playoff game the 17 season.  The playoff atmosphere is a different level.  I'll be going to the Chiefs, Saints, and playoff game this year. It will be good for me because the 3 games will be spread out. I live in Pensacola and it's about a 4.5 hr drive. I just looked up the Superdome on Google maps and it's a 3 hr drive. Saving 3 hrs of driving will be nice compared to Jax

(06-09-2023, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not really OTA related, but love seeing them get some team bonding in during their off days. Even Baalke is out there gettin in on it.

I wonder who won.  Jusging be the sound of it sounds like it was possible that Zay, Cisco, and Baalke won lol.  Hopefully Baalke got some nice kills lol

We have been a bad preseason team in recent memory because of how bad our 2nd and 3rd stringers/ depth have been. I think it's possible this might be the year we have a winning record in preseason. I say we go 2-1. Pass rushers is by far the biggest concern for me on depth. Oline as well if Cam is out but with Cam in the mix I think it's pretty good.

(06-10-2023, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have been a bad preseason team in recent memory because of how bad our 2nd and 3rd stringers/ depth have been.  I think it's possible this might be the year we have a winning record in preseason.  I say we go 2-1.  Pass rushers is by far the biggest concern for me on depth.  Oline as well if Cam is out but with Cam in the mix I think it's pretty good.

We might still lose all our preseason games, because I don't think any starters will play in preseason.   Not even one series.  It'll be all rookies and backups.

(06-10-2023, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 08:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have been a bad preseason team in recent memory because of how bad our 2nd and 3rd stringers/ depth have been.  I think it's possible this might be the year we have a winning record in preseason.  I say we go 2-1.  Pass rushers is by far the biggest concern for me on depth.  Oline as well if Cam is out but with Cam in the mix I think it's pretty good.

We might still lose all our preseason games, because I don't think any starters will play in preseason.   Not even one series.  It'll be all rookies and backups.

Doug played them some last year so I dont think it will change.  Week 1 the starters will likely play a series or 2.  Week 2 they will play around a half and I could see them all sitting for Week 3.

(06-09-2023, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not really OTA related, but love seeing them get some team bonding in during their off days. Even Baalke is out there gettin in on it.

That looks like too much fun. Lol