Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars shown regularly in central FL?

Unfortunately I'm going to be spending some time for the foreseeable future in central Florida as part of my job. It looks like the local Fox and CBS affiliates are out of Orlando. Do they show the Jaguars regularly, or an I going to need to hunt down a sportsbar that shows the Jags? If it's the latter then anyone have recommendations in the Melbourne area?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Varies week to week based on Bucs/Phins competition and schedule -- Jags may pull a bit more sway this year though

Gotta look at weekly broadcast map to know what you'll get on local affiliates.

(06-05-2023, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Varies week to week based on Bucs/Phins  competition and schedule --  Jags may pull a bit more sway this year though

Gotta look at weekly broadcast map to know what you'll get on local affiliates.

What a drag.

Maybe this is the year they start sucking up to Jax by always putting them on TV in the hopes the Jaguars play games there during stadium renovation.

(06-05-2023, 01:15 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Unfortunately I'm going to be spending some time for the foreseeable future in central Florida as part of my job. It looks like the local Fox and CBS affiliates are out of Orlando. Do they show the Jaguars regularly, or an I going to need to hunt down a sportsbar that shows the Jags? If it's the latter then anyone have recommendations in the Melbourne area?

Melbourne's FOX and CBS affiliates are out of Orlando so I would guess they get aired, but someone who lives in the Orlando market might should chime in and confirm that their station managers don't sometimes choose another game.  I seem to recall complaints that that sort of thing happened in years past when the Jags weren't good.

In Orlando, generally you get to see the road games on network TV but rarely the home games. You have to check week to week.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-05-2023, 03:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: In Orlando, generally you get to see the road games on network TV but rarely the home games. You have to check week to week.
Unless something has changed, they are forced to show the away games. The home games are optional and rarely shown.

I think Daytona is the farthest south for home games on local stations.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-06-2023, 05:26 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 03:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: In Orlando, generally you get to see the road games on network TV but rarely the home games.  You have to check week to week.
Unless something has changed, they are forced to show the away games. The home games are optional and rarely shown.

I think Daytona is the farthest south for home games on local stations.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

If the road game is assigned to Fox, it might not be shown.  Used to be that all Jags road games were assigned to CBS, but I've noticed exceptions lately.

(06-05-2023, 01:15 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Unfortunately I'm going to be spending some time for the foreseeable future in central Florida as part of my job. It looks like the local Fox and CBS affiliates are out of Orlando. Do they show the Jaguars regularly, or an I going to need to hunt down a sportsbar that shows the Jags? If it's the latter then anyone have recommendations in the Melbourne area?

NFL Sunday Ticket.

(06-06-2023, 04:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

NFL Sunday Ticket.

Yeah. 
The Jags away games will mostly be aired in that area, but Jags home games getting aired depend on the level of competition going on with the Bucs and Dolphins + the quality of their matchups.

If one of those teams is doing well and they are playing a quality opponent - that is gonna get aired instead of Jags vs AFCS. 

Despite Jags being on the rise, they could take a backseat some weeks.

Orlando only shows away games by contract. The central Florida media hates the jags they never show home games
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Unfortunately, Gov DeSantis is prohibiting the Jags from being shown in the C. Florida (Disney region). He claims that the Bucs' Pirate is very manly, the Dolphin has maintained its original gender identiy, but Jacksonville de Ville appears to be a bit woke and he kind of looks like someone that may identify as non-binary, going by the pronouns Xe and Xem.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 08:37 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-08-2023, 03:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Unfortunately, Gov DeSantis is prohibiting the Jags from being shown in the C. Florida (Disney region).  He claims that the Bucs' Pirate is very manly, the Dolphin has maintained its original gender identiy, but Jacksonville de Ville appears to be a bit woke and he kind of looks like someone that may identify as non-binary, going by the pronouns Xe and Xem.

Last pride festival I went to seemed to have equal parts frilly pirate costumes and animal print.  I think the Jags should appeal this decision.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure all dolphins are bi, and they're so woke they literally never sleep. DeSantis should definitely open an investigation into that, and perhaps try to trick them into a charter flight to Martha's Vineyard or something.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2023, 12:19 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(06-07-2023, 08:20 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Orlando only shows away games by contract. The central Florida media hates the jags they never show home games

That cesspool called Whorlando deserves the Bucs games. I hope they have to watch them all. Preseason included.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption