Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next Gen Stats Top 10 Coverage Men

Article on NFL.com

Interesting, I probably didn't read something right, but I didn't notice Jalen Ramsey on this list. Is that odd?
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good for Williams and Campbell to be included on this list, but Ramsey hasn't been on this team in 4 years... Get over it already. Letting dude live rent free in your head.

(06-10-2023, 12:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Good for Williams and Campbell to be included on this list, but Ramsey hasn't been on this team in 4 years... Get over it already. Letting dude live rent free in your head.

He's not in my head, that's why I was wondering. I thought he was supposed to be the best corner since Dion and whole he had a couple years of being really good, it just seems like he's fallen off a cliff and no one talks about him. I don't follow anything he does so I was just wondering has it really been that long since he was drafted is he just old now? Does he suck? Things like that. I was happy and shocked honestly to see both Williams and Campbell on that list, that's pretty exciting.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Wow... if we Cam figure out a nickel back, I think we have a chance to be really good in coverage

Ramsey has been exposed since Week 1 against the Chiefs in 2018.

(06-10-2023, 11:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ramsey has been exposed since Week 1 against the Chiefs in 2018.

Exposed nay be too strong a word.   I would guess Ramsey is played more as a travel corner.   Take their best guy all across the field.   Very similar to Patrick Peterson.

I've been on this boat for a while. Campbell and Williams outside are good, it's the slot defender we need(ed) to address. Maybe we did with Antonio Johnson but we'll see. Our defense is going to be better than people expect IMO.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-12-2023, 07:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I've been on this boat for a while. Campbell and Williams outside are good, it's the slot defender we need(ed) to address. Maybe we did with Antonio Johnson but we'll see. Our defense is going to be better than people expect IMO.

These stats are nice to see. If Williams has another good year in 2023-24, I hope they will be able to keep him despite his high price tag. Maybe he'd extend for a cap-friendly deal since he's a hometown guy.

I'm in total agreement regarding the need for a slot defender. Braswell and Hallett may be good once they get experience, but I doubt they will be ready for much playing time this season. Johnson strikes me as more of a dime defender who can hopefully cover tight ends in addition to being the replacement for Jenkins following this season. There are not many options in free agency at this point, however Bryce Callahan would be an inexpensive insurance pickup if his injury will be healed by the start of this season.

I spent a few pages in two different threads since December having to convince a few folks that Campbell has been putting up elite stats in multiple categories and #1 CB stats virtually everywhere else.

It's baffling to me that it takes articles like these to get some of our fans hip to the kids excellent performance.

Anyhoo - Williams always played very well after the switch.
Even though the slot was still an easy place for QBs to find open targets, having the outside spots solidified down the stretch (after the DET game) sparked a positive change on defense.

Moving Williams made a big impact in my opinion.

Adding a guy who can cover the slot would bring about yet another uptick for our defense.
Still a little surprised it wasn't prioritized a bit sooner in that draft.

I'm hoping year two in Caldwell's system (and year two for Caldwell himself as a DC) equates to a step forward.
The team was fairly stingy in overall points allowed but way too far down the list in yards allowed.
If they can get off the field on third down a bit more often they'll be in position to really make a run.

They gave up 350 first downs last year. Get that down to ~310 and they are in really good shape.