Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars "Pride" Support

(07-01-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 09:11 AM)Ronster Wrote: Whatever, if you [BLEEP] with my kids or Grandkids or ANY child in my world, I will destroy you, I promise. I’m tired of this [BLEEP]. Leave the damn kids alone.

My step Granddaughter was molested by her mom’s Boyfriend almost two years ago, he’s in jail now, but it took time too gather the proof to even get him arrested. She told her [BLEEP] “mom” what was happening and she ignored it. Luckily, they are stupid people and we had text and video. 

He even also molested his own Son…He still hasn’t gone to trial yet…

Her Dad wanted to go shoot him, I wanted too as well. We almost went, but we have other people that we responsible for; that need us to not be in jail. 

I tell you this, if I ever do see him again and I’m able, I’m going to ground and pound his sorry [BLEEP]…

As for my Granddaughter, she’s a trooper, 12 now. We don’t treat her differently than the other kids and she’s adjusting well. She’s in therapy and refuses to see her [BLEEP] mother. But, you can tell, her innocence is dead, she’ll never get that back….

That's really sad.  I'm sorry you're all going through this.  
I'm glad you gathered the evidence and told the police.  I'm sure you wanted to kill him at the time, and that feels right on a lot of levels, except, (1) as you correctly point out, you would go to jail, and that would make matters worse, (2) what if all of this is fake, someone framing this guy who wants him dead? We need to have trials for these things.  

In parts of Africa and South Asia the people get so upset about accusations of blasphemy that they will form mobs and just kill the accused person with no trial.  Outside sociologists have repeatedly found that the people killed this way, regardless of if they were blasphemous, were simply people on the margins of society who were trying to do ordinary things like collect back paychecks and other debts from well liked and powerful people.  The point is, if you let there be a circumstance in society where mob execution is acceptable, bad people will exploit that, and the wrong people will die.  Back in the days when lynching black men accused of flirting with white women was acceptable, the pattern was similar.  Often the victim was simply trying to collect a business debt.  Old white guy doesn't want to pay up, finds a way to persuade the neighbors that the black guy was alone with a white woman somewhere.

Damn Mike come on.  If I walk in and catch some [BLEEP] adult with his hand down a minors pants that [BLEEP] will never see trial.  End of story.  Why just why do you go to such lengths to be the devils advocate?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2023, 08:18 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-01-2023, 06:38 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's really sad.  I'm sorry you're all going through this.  
I'm glad you gathered the evidence and told the police.  I'm sure you wanted to kill him at the time, and that feels right on a lot of levels, except, (1) as you correctly point out, you would go to jail, and that would make matters worse, (2) what if all of this is fake, someone framing this guy who wants him dead? We need to have trials for these things.  

In parts of Africa and South Asia the people get so upset about accusations of blasphemy that they will form mobs and just kill the accused person with no trial.  Outside sociologists have repeatedly found that the people killed this way, regardless of if they were blasphemous, were simply people on the margins of society who were trying to do ordinary things like collect back paychecks and other debts from well liked and powerful people.  The point is, if you let there be a circumstance in society where mob execution is acceptable, bad people will exploit that, and the wrong people will die.  Back in the days when lynching black men accused of flirting with white women was acceptable, the pattern was similar.  Often the victim was simply trying to collect a business debt.  Old white guy doesn't want to pay up, finds a way to persuade the neighbors that the black guy was alone with a white woman somewhere.

Damn Mike come on.  If I walk in and catch some [BLEEP] adult with his hand down a minors pants that [BLEEP] will never see trial.  End of story.  Why just why do you go to such lengths to be the devils advocate?

Wow what a big man you are.  I am in awe of your manliness. Ronster must be jealous. I mean, I am.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-01-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 09:11 AM)Ronster Wrote: Whatever, if you [BLEEP] with my kids or Grandkids or ANY child in my world, I will destroy you, I promise. I’m tired of this [BLEEP]. Leave the damn kids alone.

My step Granddaughter was molested by her mom’s Boyfriend almost two years ago, he’s in jail now, but it took time too gather the proof to even get him arrested. She told her [BLEEP] “mom” what was happening and she ignored it. Luckily, they are stupid people and we had text and video. 

He even also molested his own Son…He still hasn’t gone to trial yet…

Her Dad wanted to go shoot him, I wanted too as well. We almost went, but we have other people that we responsible for; that need us to not be in jail. 

I tell you this, if I ever do see him again and I’m able, I’m going to ground and pound his sorry [BLEEP]…

As for my Granddaughter, she’s a trooper, 12 now. We don’t treat her differently than the other kids and she’s adjusting well. She’s in therapy and refuses to see her [BLEEP] mother. But, you can tell, her innocence is dead, she’ll never get that back….

That's really sad.  I'm sorry you're all going through this.  

Dude, seriously?

Incredible…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-01-2023, 08:51 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's really sad.  I'm sorry you're all going through this.  

Dude, seriously?

Incredible…

If you don't give everyone a fair trial, even the ones that you're sure did it, then there's the chance that anyone, even someone who didn't do it in the first place, might not get a fair trial and might die as a result.

Fair trials are not about helping the defendant.  They may or may not help the defendant.  Fair trials are about forcing the state to prove things and follow its own rules.

(07-01-2023, 08:51 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Dude, seriously?

Incredible…

Mike is right.  We don't get to execute people without a trial in this country.
I can't believe you guys don't understand that.

(07-01-2023, 09:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 08:51 PM)Ronster Wrote: Dude, seriously?

Incredible…

Ya, I know, that’s why he’s still breathing. But I could imagine a scenario where a parent would lose their minds temporarily and not give a [BLEEP] about their rights, just like they didn’t give a [BLEEP] about the child’s rights. 

I’m proud of my Son-in-law, but I wouldn’t have blamed him for shooting that scumbag in his stupid, ugly face…

Juries are awfully forgiving in these cases….
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

[Image: 20230701-215240.png]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Incredible…

He’s right but less is usually more.

Incredible…

It’s called rage Marty.  Protecting the innocent.  I can’t believe you don’t understand that.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-01-2023, 10:48 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 09:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Mike is right.  We don't get to execute people without a trial in this country.

He’s right but less is usually more.

Maybe, but this is probably more a case of the 2nd mouse getting the cheese.  You get your catharsis out on me and Marty is the 2nd mouse.