Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pence Answer to Trump Supporter

(07-07-2023, 07:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Related: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...2ad9&ei=13

The former vice president's pitch to voters is that he stood up for the Constitution in the face of pressure to do otherwise. But even as he avoids saying who was exerting the pressure and for what purpose, Pence finds that Republican voters remember all too well — and they very much do not like all this talk about putting honor and the law ahead of stealing an election for Donald Trump.

When Trump sold the Big Lie about President Joe Biden stealing the 2020 election to his voters, he was building on decades of Republican devotion to disinformation-fueled propaganda. Starting at least in the 80s, if not earlier, a culture of lying took root in the Republican Party. There were corporate-friendly lies about everything from cigarettes to climate change. The Christian right pushed lies about evolutionary biology and sexual health. Right-wing media normalized conspiracy theories, like Donald Trump's birther campaign harassing Barack Obama for his long-form birth certificate. Pence was an eager member of the liar corps of the GOP from the get-go.

Pence was part of a multi-decade effort by Republican leaders and pundits to train their base to believe that lying is not only okay but totally justified if it's done in service of the party's political goals.

This applies to both parties. The same right wing rhetoric that's been deeply rooted in it's faithful also occurs with the Looney Tunes crew from the left. This is why voting here is a problem. We spend too much time [BLEEP] positing about each party instead of lining them all up and calling them all out from top, down. 

We truly get what we deserve here now. After years and years of this buffoonery, we no longer get the cream of the crop when it comes to candidates. We now get these circus freaks, these ego maniacs, these career politicians that are as crooked as the tower of babel and it's creators. 

"The Christian right pushed lies about evolutionary biology and sexual health". Pot meet kettle, welcome to the last what feels like decade plus of "gender is a man made construct" and men in women's locker rooms still walking around with their hammers hanging in between their legs pretending to be a woman. Welcome to states telling parents that they'll take their minors away from them if they don't accept their brainwashed minds regarding gender identity that was enforced and shoved down parents throats in our school systems. 

[BLEEP] these people. [BLEEP] these hypocrites. When are we going to see you people on the right and left, come to your senses? Demand a third party? Drive a [BLEEP] wedge in between this nonsense that your parents and your grandparents had to suffer and vote for? We have more information at our disposal now to make a well beyond educated guess when it comes to voting. 

Do the right thing. No more of this "lesser of two evils" nonsense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Screw Pence, he's a traitor and DemoRAT lite...
#Trump2024 because 2020 was #Stolen
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-07-2023, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 07:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Related: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...2ad9&ei=13

The former vice president's pitch to voters is that he stood up for the Constitution in the face of pressure to do otherwise. But even as he avoids saying who was exerting the pressure and for what purpose, Pence finds that Republican voters remember all too well — and they very much do not like all this talk about putting honor and the law ahead of stealing an election for Donald Trump.

When Trump sold the Big Lie about President Joe Biden stealing the 2020 election to his voters, he was building on decades of Republican devotion to disinformation-fueled propaganda. Starting at least in the 80s, if not earlier, a culture of lying took root in the Republican Party. There were corporate-friendly lies about everything from cigarettes to climate change. The Christian right pushed lies about evolutionary biology and sexual health. Right-wing media normalized conspiracy theories, like Donald Trump's birther campaign harassing Barack Obama for his long-form birth certificate. Pence was an eager member of the liar corps of the GOP from the get-go.

Pence was part of a multi-decade effort by Republican leaders and pundits to train their base to believe that lying is not only okay but totally justified if it's done in service of the party's political goals.

This applies to both parties. The same right wing rhetoric that's been deeply rooted in it's faithful also occurs with the Looney Tunes crew from the left. This is why voting here is a problem. We spend too much time [BLEEP] positing about each party instead of lining them all up and calling them all out from top, down. 

We truly get what we deserve here now. After years and years of this buffoonery, we no longer get the cream of the crop when it comes to candidates. We now get these circus freaks, these ego maniacs, these career politicians that are as crooked as the tower of babel and it's creators. 

"The Christian right pushed lies about evolutionary biology and sexual health". Pot meet kettle, welcome to the last what feels like decade plus of "gender is a man made construct" and men in women's locker rooms still walking around with their hammers hanging in between their legs pretending to be a woman. Welcome to states telling parents that they'll take their minors away from them if they don't accept their brainwashed minds regarding gender identity that was enforced and shoved down parents throats in our school systems. 

[BLEEP] these people. [BLEEP] these hypocrites. When are we going to see you people on the right and left, come to your senses? Demand a third party? Drive a [BLEEP] wedge in between this nonsense that your parents and your grandparents had to suffer and vote for? We have more information at our disposal now to make a well beyond educated guess when it comes to voting. 

What did you mean by that last sentence?

(07-07-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This applies to both parties. The same right wing rhetoric that's been deeply rooted in it's faithful also occurs with the Looney Tunes crew from the left. This is why voting here is a problem. We spend too much time [BLEEP] positing about each party instead of lining them all up and calling them all out from top, down. 

What did you mean by that last sentence?

All I kept hearing in 2016, between Trump Vs. Clinton. Between the body count history of the Clinton's, the crazy [BLEEP] that happened with the DNC Whistleblower, about Sanders having the Democratic nomination stolen from him, etc. Between Trump's history as a billionaire and some of the things he did throughout his career, his behavior, the infamous "Grab them by the [BLEEP]" soundbite. All I kept hearing was "Well, I am voting for Trump" or "Well, I am voting for Clinton" and both would finish the side of their logic with "Because they're the lesser of two evils".

What a piss poor "logic" to apply here. This is why candidates like Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura get absolutely buried in the mainstream. This is why potential candidates that have an actual strong moral compass, a decent track record of doing the right things, saying the right things, the reputation of not shying away from real issues, like the Federal Reserve [BLEEP] up our fiat currency and making our lives miserable, etc. 

This is why we keep getting these garbage in, garbage out candidates every four years. Until the majority of these two primary voter bases, realizes and understands, that, voting this way every four years has resulted in the same cyclical, abusive relationships we all have with our Government? Nothing will ever change. It's terrifying. Some of you know better than this. 

Would you let your wife, husband, son, daughter, family member, best friend, coworker, etc. Would you let them get behind the wheel drunk? Would you speak up if they were around shady or [BLEEP] [BLEEP] people? Of course you would. So, why are we not applying this same logic as citizens? As tax payers? As neighbors? It's not left Vs. right, it's not liberal Vs. conservative, it's not Democrat Vs. Republican. It's US Vs. THEM. It's always been US Vs. THEM. This is class warfare. It's about the plutocracy, the real movers and the shakers, the bankers, the real gangsters Vs. us, the little guy, the struggling single mother at home working two jobs, the hard working father trying to scrape by to make ends meet breaking his back 14 hours or more a day, the forgotten veterans that did these people's dirty work for them. 

When are we going to see this as a society? When are we going to wake up and take our country back from these pigs? These ticks, leeches? These vultures? Because that's what they are.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-07-2023, 08:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What did you mean by that last sentence?

All I kept hearing in 2016, between Trump Vs. Clinton. Between the body count history of the Clinton's, the crazy [BLEEP] that happened with the DNC Whistleblower, about Sanders having the Democratic nomination stolen from him, etc. Between Trump's history as a billionaire and some of the things he did throughout his career, his behavior, the infamous "Grab them by the [BLEEP]" soundbite. All I kept hearing was "Well, I am voting for Trump" or "Well, I am voting for Clinton" and both would finish the side of their logic with "Because they're the lesser of two evils".

What a piss poor "logic" to apply here. This is why candidates like Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura get absolutely buried in the mainstream. This is why potential candidates that have an actual strong moral compass, a decent track record of doing the right things, saying the right things, the reputation of not shying away from real issues, like the Federal Reserve [BLEEP] up our fiat currency and making our lives miserable, etc. 

This is why we keep getting these garbage in, garbage out candidates every four years. Until the majority of these two primary voter bases, realizes and understands, that, voting this way every four years has resulted in the same cyclical, abusive relationships we all have with our Government? Nothing will ever change. It's terrifying. Some of you know better than this. 

Would you let your wife, husband, son, daughter, family member, best friend, coworker, etc. Would you let them get behind the wheel drunk? Would you speak up if they were around shady or [BLEEP] [BLEEP] people? Of course you would. So, why are we not applying this same logic as citizens? As tax payers? As neighbors? It's not left Vs. right, it's not liberal Vs. conservative, it's not Democrat Vs. Republican. It's US Vs. THEM. It's always been US Vs. THEM. This is class warfare. It's about the plutocracy, the real movers and the shakers, the bankers, the real gangsters Vs. us, the little guy, the struggling single mother at home working two jobs, the hard working father trying to scrape by to make ends meet breaking his back 14 hours or more a day, the forgotten veterans that did these people's dirty work for them. 

When are we going to see this as a society? When are we going to wake up and take our country back from these pigs? These ticks, leeches? These vultures? Because that's what they are.

Yes, I understand all that, but voting the lesser of two evils is all we have.

(07-07-2023, 10:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 08:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: All I kept hearing in 2016, between Trump Vs. Clinton. Between the body count history of the Clinton's, the crazy [BLEEP] that happened with the DNC Whistleblower, about Sanders having the Democratic nomination stolen from him, etc. Between Trump's history as a billionaire and some of the things he did throughout his career, his behavior, the infamous "Grab them by the [BLEEP]" soundbite. All I kept hearing was "Well, I am voting for Trump" or "Well, I am voting for Clinton" and both would finish the side of their logic with "Because they're the lesser of two evils".

Yes, I understand all that, but voting the lesser of two evils is all we have.

The corruption and hypocrisy have been there from the beginning.  Sometimes less, sometimes more, never zero.

At some points in history, one party was actually able to win by being less corrupt than the other, and implement lasting reforms that reduce corruption.  It's been a while since then though.  The current batch is aching to use the power we loan them just to quash the other party's chances in the next election, and neither should be trusted or even asked to clean up corruption at this point.

Reform of the voting process is the only answer.  Primary elections are selecting candidates that care more about their own party and literally hate the rest of the country that doesn't belong.  Primary reform is the only serious option.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-07-2023, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 10:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, I understand all that, but voting the lesser of two evils is all we have.

The corruption and hypocrisy have been there from the beginning.  Sometimes less, sometimes more, never zero.

At some points in history, one party was actually able to win by being less corrupt than the other, and implement lasting reforms that reduce corruption.  It's been a while since then though.  The current batch is aching to use the power we loan them just to quash the other party's chances in the next election, and neither should be trusted or even asked to clean up corruption at this point.

Reform of the voting process is the only answer.  Primary elections are selecting candidates that care more about their own party and literally hate the rest of the country that doesn't belong.  Primary reform is the only serious option.

They need to get the [BLEEP] corporate money out of campaigns. 

Campaign finance needs a complete and total overhaul. It is a bunch of out of control propaganda financed to the teeth with special interest dirty [BLEEP] money. 

Should go without saying, but, this is not a partisan issue.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 01:55 PM by mikesez.)

(07-07-2023, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: The corruption and hypocrisy have been there from the beginning.  Sometimes less, sometimes more, never zero.

Campaign finance needs a complete and total overhaul. It is a bunch of out of control propaganda financed to the teeth with special interest dirty [BLEEP] money. 

It's groundhog day, not just with you.
Anyone remotely left leaning thinks everything is because big bad corporations give money to candidates.
1) those corporations give money to both parties
2) those corporations have done this longer than you've been alive
3) we actually are tackling this problem already.  Small dollar donations play a bigger share now than they ever did.  Small dollar donations seem like a good and beneficial thing until you realize that they are accruing to the most bombastic and extreme candidates.  incrementalluly implementing the proposed solution is making matters worse

Compare primary reform
1) both parties have bad primary processes, same
2) closed single choice sibgle round primaries have been going on longer than either of us have been alive, same.
3) we are tackling this problem already.  We've only tried top two and instant runoff.  Top two doesn't change much, but instant runoff selects the second most extreme candidate every time.  That is an improvement over sometimes selecting the more extreme candidate.  And waiting in the wings we have round Robin voting, which will actually select the centrist almost every time. incrementally implementing the proposed solution is making matters better

(07-07-2023, 01:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They need to get the [BLEEP] corporate money out of campaigns. 

It's groundhog day, not just with you.
Anyone remotely left leaning thinks everything is because big bad corporations give money to candidates.
3) we actually are tackling this problem already.  Small dollar donations play a bigger share now than they ever did.  Small dollar donations seem like a good and beneficial thing until you realize that they are accruing to the most bombastic and extreme candidates.  incrementalluly implementing the proposed solution is making matters worse

Compare primary reform
2) closed single choice sibgle round primaries have been going on longer than either of us have been alive, same.
3) we are tackling this problem already.  We've only tried top two and instant runoff.  Top two doesn't change much, but instant runoff selects the second most extreme candidate every time.  That is an improvement over sometimes selecting the more extreme candidate.  And waiting in the wings we have round Robin voting, which will actually select the centrist almost every time. incrementally implementing the proposed solution is making matters better

I stopped reading at the red bit because it is so disasterously stupid. 

Speaking in giant broad sweeping absolutes about millions and millions of people negates your entire premise, whatever the [BLEEP] it is.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 02:29 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-07-2023, 02:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 01:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's groundhog day, not just with you.

Compare primary reform

I stopped reading at the red bit because it is so disasterously stupid. 

Speaking in giant broad sweeping absolutes about millions and millions of people negates your entire premise, whatever the [BLEEP] it is.

It's called frustration, man. I've been trying to deflect this "big money is the problem" nonsense for as long as Ive been old enough to vote.  I'm not a machine.  Maybe you've never said it to me, but I have heard it too many times.
The others on here say I'm too robotic.
Can't win.  No one wants to change their minds about anything.
Have fun staying dumb.
Keeping losing. Keep watching things get worse. Keep not understanding why.
Go Jags.

(07-07-2023, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 10:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, I understand all that, but voting the lesser of two evils is all we have.

(07-07-2023, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: The corruption and hypocrisy have been there from the beginning.  Sometimes less, sometimes more, never zero.

Agreed on reformation. Both parties need an enema to get the [BLEEP] candidates and crooks out of them. Starts with what NYC is stating. Corporate money needs to go. People like the Koch brothers should have no business being overly involved in politics. Nor should the banking industry or central banking institution that claims it's "Federal" because it puts it in front of it's logo and title to deceive the public.

(07-07-2023, 02:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I stopped reading at the red bit because it is so disasterously stupid. 

It's called frustration, man. I've been trying to deflect this "big money is the problem" nonsense for as long as Ive been old enough to vote.  I'm not a machine.  Maybe you've never said it to me, but I have heard it too many times.
The others on here say I'm too robotic.
Can't win.  No one wants to change their minds about anything.
Have fun staying dumb.
Keeping losing.  Keep watching things get worse.  Keep not understanding why.
Go Jags.

It's complex. For sure. It's not always about big bad corporations and money, it's a game of give and take. Politicians also play a part in accepting bribes and doing these corporate overlords favors underneath the table. The voter base has to play it's part as well. We cannot keep voting the way that it stands now. It's driving our country into the ground. 

We also need these parties to take responsibility and own up to their own personal shortcomings instead of continuing this dog and pony show where they pretend to hate one another when we all know these people are bumping elbows and eating from the same exact tables held by the same exact corporations looking to buy them out for laws and tax breaks to benefit them. 

It's like having a leak in your home with old copper plumbing, you can patch one area of the pipe up after you discover one source of the leak, but, the chances of you solving your issue there for the long term is highly unlikely as it'll just spring up again elsewhere within your foundation. In those instances you cut the foundation off from the source, bleed it dry, and refit the foundation and home with new systems and pipes. Sharkbite goes a long way as well.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 02:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-07-2023, 02:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

(07-07-2023, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They need to get the [BLEEP] corporate money out of campaigns. 

Agreed on reformation. Both parties need an enema to get the [BLEEP] candidates and crooks out of them. Starts with what NYC is stating. Corporate money needs to go. People like the Koch brothers should have no business being overly involved in politics. Nor should the banking industry or central banking institution that claims it's "Federal" because it puts it in front of it's logo and title to deceive the public.

You're one of the ones on term limits.
As soon as you get someone to recognize the structural rot at the system, they instantly latch on to "term limits!" and "corporate money!" as the solutions.
Pepperidge farm remembers when The Heritage Foundation would teach us that "the states are laboratories for democracy."
They still are, most of the time.  Most of these ideas can be and have been tried at the state level.
Including in our state!
Florida has some of the very strictest financial disclosure requirements for state level candidates.
Florida has 8 year term limits.
We've had these for *decades*.
How's it working?

(07-07-2023, 02:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed on reformation. Both parties need an enema to get the [BLEEP] candidates and crooks out of them. Starts with what NYC is stating. Corporate money needs to go. People like the Koch brothers should have no business being overly involved in politics. Nor should the banking industry or central banking institution that claims it's "Federal" because it puts it in front of it's logo and title to deceive the public.

You're one of the ones on term limits.
As soon as you get someone to recognize the structural rot at the system, they instantly latch on to "term limits!" and "corporate money!" as the solutions.
Pepperidge farm remembers when The Heritage Foundation would teach us that "the states are laboratories for democracy."
They still are, most of the time.  Most of these ideas can be and have been tried at the state level.
Including in our state!
Florida has some of the very strictest financial disclosure requirements for state level candidates.
Florida has 8 year term limits.
We've had these for *decades*.
How's it working?

I don't think I have ever mentioned term limits on here. However, with that said. The longer a person stands in one position of power, historically, it does not seem to bode well in the long term. Would you not agree there? Do you think countries that have held onto Emperor's, rulers, royal families, etc. 

Do you think they have it all figured out as well? You know what's crazy? I wouldn't be surprised by 2050, if, we get rid of the human element completely and turn it all over to AI for governing us. Could you imagine that [BLEEP]? It's probably going to happen. LOL.

Term limits won't work. Getting corporate money out of politics would be nice, but it doesn't solve the problem of the corporate-government carousel, or the ability for the elite to make politicians rich through insider trading and faux book deals. The solution is to cap earnings, limit campaign donations to personal donations that are capped at a set amount (like 5% of yearly income), and give people the ability to give a vote of no-confidence to politicians in power.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 03:25 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-07-2023, 03:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Term limits won't work. Getting corporate money out of politics would be nice, but it doesn't solve the problem of the corporate-government carousel, or the ability for the elite to make politicians rich through insider trading and faux book deals. The solution is to cap earnings, limit campaign donations to personal donations that are capped at a set amount (like 5% of yearly income), and give people the ability to give a vote of no-confidence to politicians in power.

I like this. Makes a ton of sense. 

Creates transparency. 
Creates an honest and uncomfortable conversation for those in power.
Creates potential stimulation in voter confidence and turnout overall, thus, fixing a lot of the systemic problems we see today. 

Lucky2Last for president man. Let's [BLEEP] go!

(07-07-2023, 03:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Term limits won't work. Getting corporate money out of politics would be nice, but it doesn't solve the problem of the corporate-government carousel, or the ability for the elite to make politicians rich through insider trading and faux book deals. The solution is to (1) cap earnings, (2) limit campaign donations to personal donations that are capped at a set amount (like 5% of yearly income), and (3) give people the ability to give a vote of no-confidence to politicians in power.

(1) amounts to a 100% marginal tax rate.  No place would ever do that.  The evasive financial maneuvers would boggle the mind.

(2) we do this already, in terms of donations from a person or corporation to a candidate.  But then we say that anyone can create a PAC that takes any amount of post tax income and that PAC can spend its money on whatever political message they want.  The Supreme Court says that any effort to say "PACs can't spend that money" or "PACs can't accept that money" or "PACs can't spread those messages" is a violation of the 1st amendment, and I tend to agree.

(3) I think this is a good idea and would help.  But I think a true round Robin ranked voting system would basically allow us to have a "no confidence" vote and select a new person at the same time.  Uniquely with round Robin, you are comparing the incumbent to each possible alternative separately.

Lol, you guys think the system is going to limit the system's power? For real? The only way we're going to change this is by tearing it down by force. The American Experiment is over, and America lost.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-07-2023, 03:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you guys think the system is going to limit the system's power? For real? The only way we're going to change this is by tearing it down by force. The American Experiment is over, and America lost.

Sad but true.

(07-07-2023, 03:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you guys think the system is going to limit the system's power? For real? The only way we're going to change this is by tearing it down by force. The American Experiment is over, and America lost.

Tough guy.  The man overcome by learned helplessness thinks he's a tough guy.
Real talk.
If there's a Boogaloo, EricC85 might be fine, and L2L will probably be fine, but you and I? Intellectual class office dwelling database navigating bean counters? Our lifestyle would change drastically and for the worse.