Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just one of the reasons that I don't Fly......... Amtrak Rules!!!!

WATCH: Plane skids off runway upon arrival, smashes to pieces on protective barrier

All 30 passengers, 4 crew members survived; only 2 people injured

A small plane landing in Somalia drove off of the runway upon arrival and crashed into a fence, shattering into pieces upon impact.

"There was no fatality from the accident except minor injuries," the Somali Civil Aviation Authority said in a brief statement. "The SCAA would like to reaffirm that the preliminary report will be released once the current investigation concludes."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/watch-plan...ve-barrier
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, just don't play hobo and jump on a freighter.. Those are the ones that end up in a ditch somewhere lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2023, 10:56 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-12-2023, 06:06 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WATCH: Plane skids off runway upon arrival, smashes to pieces on protective barrier

A small plane landing in Somalia drove off of the runway upon arrival and crashed into a fence, shattering into pieces upon impact.

"There was no fatality from the accident except minor injuries," the Somali Civil Aviation Authority said in a brief statement. "The SCAA would like to reaffirm that the preliminary report will be released once the current investigation concludes."

Good grief.  This is why I don’t take the train.    

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/14/us/am...lphia.html

https://www.bustle.com/articles/83287-ar...4%20flying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Planes are actually statistically safer but plane incidents tend to get a lot of media attention. The positive about train travel is you get a lot more space to travel in.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-13-2023, 05:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Planes are actually statistically safer but plane incidents tend to get a lot of media attention. The positive about train travel is you get a lot more space to travel in.

Plus. Amtrak has a BAR CAR!!!!!! Prices are a tad high and selection isn't the greatest but.......... That's why I always get a private room and sneak my own in........ LOL

And, I'm never in any kind of a hurry anyway....... When I plan to go somewhere, I always leave plenty of cushion time........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-13-2023, 06:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 05:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Planes are actually statistically safer but plane incidents tend to get a lot of media attention. The positive about train travel is you get a lot more space to travel in.

Plus. Amtrak has a BAR CAR!!!!!! Prices are a tad high and selection isn't the greatest but.......... That's why I always get a private room and sneak my own in........ LOL

And, I'm never in any kind of a hurry anyway....... When I plan to go somewhere, I always leave plenty of cushion time........

Our trip to DC a few months ago, we got a roomette. The sleeper car is a great way to travel although the train bounces around a lot and it’s a little noisy so hard to sleep but not a bad experience.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-12-2023, 06:06 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WATCH: Plane skids off runway upon arrival, smashes to pieces on protective barrier

....does Amtrak run to Somalia? I don't remember that route.