Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can RB devaluing be fixed?

When did anyone ever hear a HS RB be concerned that he's only gong to make $10m per year in the NFL. It's not until they see an average QB making $40m do they really get pissed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2023, 05:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When did anyone ever hear a HS RB be concerned that he's only gong to make $10m per year in the NFL.  It's not until they see an average QB making $40m do they really get pissed.

Do LBs get pissed about that?  Do safeties?  Or OGs?  

RBs will get paid what they are worth.  And right now, they are not worth what they used to be worth.

(08-22-2023, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 05:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When did anyone ever hear a HS RB be concerned that he's only gong to make $10m per year in the NFL.  It's not until they see an average QB making $40m do they really get pissed.

Do LBs get pissed about that?  Do safeties?  Or OGs?  

RBs will get paid what they are worth.  And right now, they are not worth what they used to be worth.
So you’re saying the league…. Is devalui…. Never mind.

(08-22-2023, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Do LBs get pissed about that?  Do safeties?  Or OGs?  

It’s an argument of semantics. Devaluing gives the impression they are intentionally not paying RBs for what they’re worth. It would be more accurate to say RBs aren’t of the same value they used to be. Are they devaluing? Yes, but as a result of their value in the current NFL offensive climate.

(08-22-2023, 08:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you’re saying the league…. Is devalui…. Never mind.

It’s an argument of semantics. Devaluing gives the impression they are intentionally not paying RBs for what they’re worth. It would be more accurate to say RBs aren’t of the same value they used to be. Are they devaluing? Yes, but as a result of their value in the current NFL offensive climate.

I would add a surplus of players in every draft to the equation , but yes to all of that.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3843...e-injuries

After what's happened to Chubb and Dobbs? Hard to fake that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2023, 10:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3843...e-injuries

After what's happened to Chubb and Dobbs? Hard to fake that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
If you fake an injury, the team would know. If you say you can't play and there is nothing stopping you other than comfort and pain management, the team would know.

Either of those decreases your value to a team, so not sure why anyone would take the NFLPA's stupid advice.

The only thing that players should do is report all injuries so teams know they are playing banged up but still producing good numbers.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Before Derrick Henry, there was Mike Alstott.

https://youtube.com/shorts/lEHJiADj7EI?s...8-veB9V9VD

(08-22-2023, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 07:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Do LBs get pissed about that?  Do safeties?  Or OGs?  

I think it is more so that the QBs & WRs are drastically greater paid than the other players --- this is a result of the NFL making it a passing game by softening the rules in favor of the QBs and WRs.  That said, RBs do have a short shelf life and if they are not elite, they are definitely replaceable.

(10-27-2023, 09:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 08:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you’re saying the league…. Is devalui…. Never mind.

I think it is more so that the QBs & WRs are drastically greater paid than the other players --- this is a result of the NFL making it a passing game by softening the rules in favor of the QBs and WRs.  That said, RBs do have a short shelf life and if they are not elite, they are definitely replaceable.

[Image: hmph-nod-impressed-not-bad-impressive-gif-15355428.gif]

I would propose that LB's feel the same way. They are the defensive equivalent of RB's.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 07:16 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Don't talk to me about the changing of times and rules, etc. BULL [BLEEP]. We all know what caused the change cuz we all take part in it; from the fans, to the players (some more than others, agent zero), to the team staffs and league executives, to the networks and sponsors. Get rid of that and you (re)fix the game, no pun intended.
If you still don't follow me follow the BLEEP money: combined fantasty football and gambling are half trillion dollar industries.

EDITED BY MOD

This is my confused face…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-28-2023, 11:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: This is my confused face…

I think it's the liquor talking.