Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pee-wee Herman actor Paul Reubens has died aged 70

Never could stand him or that annoying Gilbert Gottfried..........

Pee-wee Herman actor Paul Reubens has died aged 70

Paul Reubens, the actor who became famous playing Pee-wee Herman, has died at the age of 70.

The sad news was announced on the actor’s official Instagram page in a statement that read: “Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness.”

https://www.unilad.com/celebrity/news/pa...3-20230731
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I grew up watching his show, can still remember Saturday mornings were Playhouse followed by Beekman's world.

The show provided animators with a venue to test new grounds (early computer-generated shorts, claymation, etc) and really let kids enjoy being goofy.

It's a shame he got busted doing something dumb, it's kinda funny how some people get third and fourth chances, Paul seemed to carry that stigma from that day forward.

(08-01-2023, 09:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: I grew up watching his show, can still remember Saturday mornings were Playhouse followed by Beekman's world.

The show provided animators with a venue to test new grounds (early computer-generated shorts, claymation, etc) and really let kids enjoy being goofy.

It's a shame he got busted doing something dumb, it's kinda funny how some people get third and fourth chances, Paul seemed to carry that stigma from that day forward.

LOL.  What do he and John Wilkes Booth have in common?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-01-2023, 09:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: I grew up watching his show, can still remember Saturday mornings were Playhouse followed by Beekman's world.

That was top tier programming at the time..

Loved him in the Cheech & Chong movies..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-02-2023, 02:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

That was top tier programming at the time..

Loved him in the Cheech & Chong movies..

I was wondering if anyone else remembered that. 

“I’m not sorry.”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can't believe he was 70. That was my biggest takeaway from his passing. I was born in 1988 and I remember watching a lot of syndicated PeeWee's Playhouse reruns and his one or two movies he had in the 1990's during summer break here and there.

Other than his role as Fart Man in All-Stars, which I don't really remember watching and his role as a Vampire in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie with Rutger Hauer. I don't recall much about his career. Of course outside of the jerking off incident in movie theater and the CP stuff he had.

Just makes him that much more creepy. PeeWee's playhouse, kids, etc. He was right in line with those sickos behind the scenes at Disney and Nickeolodeon.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."