Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FSU & Clemson to the SEC?

As much as I like the ACC as a whole, being a Pitt, GT, and FSU fan, if FSU's departure is imminent as their President stated, I'd like to see the following:

* FSU leaves
* ACC hold FSU liable for their buyout fee of $120 million.
* ACC add WVU and UCONN (WVU has a great football fanbase and UCONN is the defending NCAA basketball champs).  

I think this is a win-win situation for the ACC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jesus…no more teams to the SEC. We’ve got enough already.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 09:18 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Clemson I can see. FSU still has a few SEC teams to pacify from the last time they were invited. Bobby B gave Pat Dye his word they would join if invited back then. What happened? They used that invite to get the ACC to invite them. The rest is history. Besides does it add enough value?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-03-2023, 08:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Jesus…no more teams to the SEC. We’ve got enough already.

Lol ....  the gauntlet

Georgia
Bama
Florida
Texas
Oklahoma
Clemson 
FSU
Ole Miss
T A&M
S. Carolina
Auburn
etc.

They've been talking about this forever..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Here’s a good article about the realignment of college conferences, the money driving it and the uncertain future of it all.

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...48_134acbf

FSU has to leave the ACC if they want to survive until the next phase of college football starts. You can't survive for long with other teams making $30 million more than you.

The ACC did this to themselves and hopefully it dies quickly.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Conferences for football are obsolete now. There is too much money and interest in football and not enough games. Let basketball and every other sport have regional conferences with their own media deals and make all the football teams independent. Let the TV networks have more of a say in scheduling. UF should play UT, UGA, and FSU every year. The other 9 games should be decided by an organization where all Div 1 schools and their TV reps get a vote. Does UF vs Vandy look like a dud this year? OK, make them play UNC instead. Does anyone really want to watch FSU vs Troy? No? Make them play UCF instead. Etc.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-13-2023, 11:51 AM)mikesez Wrote: Conferences for football are obsolete now.  There is too much money and interest in football and not enough games.  Let basketball and every other sport have regional conferences with their own media deals and make all the football teams independent.  Let the TV networks have more of a say in scheduling.  UF should play UT, UGA, and FSU every year.  The other 9 games should be decided by an organization where all Div 1 schools and their TV reps get a vote.  Does UF vs Vandy look like a dud this year? OK, make them play UNC instead.  Does anyone really want to watch FSU vs Troy? No? Make them play UCF instead.  Etc.

With the advent of NIL, they might as well.

(08-13-2023, 11:51 AM)mikesez Wrote: Conferences for football are obsolete now.  There is too much money and interest in football and not enough games.  Let basketball and every other sport have regional conferences with their own media deals and make all the football teams independent.  Let the TV networks have more of a say in scheduling.  UF should play UT, UGA, and FSU every year.  The other 9 games should be decided by an organization where all Div 1 schools and their TV reps get a vote.  Does UF vs Vandy look like a dud this year? OK, make them play UNC instead.  Does anyone really want to watch FSU vs Troy? No? Make them play UCF instead.  Etc.

This is the solution !!!   Seriously, does UCLA want to travel to New Jersey to play Rutgers in water polo.   Heck, do Big 10 schools even have water polo teams?  From my google search, it appears they do have them but they are club sports.

Super conference

(08-21-2023, 05:34 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Super conference

Division 0 is coming.

Only question I have is whether it will be a promotion/relegation system, or if once you're in, you're golden.

Why couldn't these conferences be Football Only and still allow certain universities, if so desired, to remain in their historical conferences. I mean, the PAC 12 probably has better athletics when it comes to Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Water Polo, Tennis, Golf, and a bunch of those other rich kid sports.... so why can't USC, UCLA, Washington, ASU, AZ, etc stay in the Pac12 for those sports? This is a rhetorical question so I'm not looking for answers but if enough advanced thought and preparation was put into this, I think it could have been the best solution.

This..

This is just jackassy..

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/16...v9EXg&s=19

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2023, 08:14 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-21-2023, 09:03 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 05:34 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Super conference

Division 0 is coming.

Only question I have is whether it will be a promotion/relegation system, or if once you're in, you're golden.

No, a new association is coming. SEC & Big10 (maybe one more) will leave the NCAA and form their own.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-03-2023, 08:11 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 09:03 AM)Mikey Wrote: Division 0 is coming.

No, a new association is coming. SEC & Big10 (maybe one more) will leave the NCAA and form their own.

(that would be D0, the one above D1 aka FBS)