Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.

(08-22-2023, 10:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rourke doesn’t care where he ends up. He got his audition tape out on the street and that’s all that matters to him. If we don’t sign him, he’s gone for sure.

If he’s as good as the fan base thinks he is then Pederson should find a way to keep him. It’s not unheard of for a team to keep 3 qbs. With his athleticism he’d even be able to play special teams!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2023, 10:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 10:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rourke doesn’t care where he ends up. He got his audition tape out on the street and that’s all that matters to him. If we don’t sign him, he’s gone for sure.

If he’s as good as the fan base thinks he is then Pederson should find a way to keep him. It’s not unheard of for a team to keep 3 qbs. With his athleticism he’d even be able to play special teams!

Don’t even go there.

[Image: rtr2i9bx.jpg?w=480&h=320&crop=1]

(08-22-2023, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 10:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: If he’s as good as the fan base thinks he is then Pederson should find a way to keep him. It’s not unheard of for a team to keep 3 qbs. With his athleticism he’d even be able to play special teams!

Don’t even go there.

Hey, I didn't say TE. Maybe make him a gunner or something. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I was thinking he has experience working out as a WR, Philly Special should be no problem at all.

The jags will probably keep all 3 on the 53 man roster.

That is not an uncommon thing for teams to do.

He could be trade bait during the season with a few QB injuries.

(08-22-2023, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 02:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Who are you speaking to?  I want Rourke on the team and quite frankly would rather have him as backup.  I’m questioning some of the comments that were made to me.

were you? I'll beg pardon, then. I got a bunch of condescension in the tone, seemed more like you were favoring the disposable band aid than the team actually trying to discover something better than the Jason Whites and Jake Lutons we tend to see at the bottom of the QB depth chart.

Basically because I was told one of the reasons they signed Rourke was 'because we need more than two QBs in camp'.  If that was the only reason, I was saying why not sign some throwaway.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-22-2023, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1694...32430?s=20

Man he has a lightning fast release.

I understand Pederson's rational for CJ being #2 due to his experience and a more in depth knowledge of the offense, but that does not preclude us from keeping Rourke safe on the 53 man roster.

With the new emergency QB rule, he will have to prepare each week as if he will be playing.

I think that will help accelerate his development, and the more he develops the more valuable he becomes.

Dude can kick extra points, perhaps.

(08-22-2023, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 10:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: If he’s as good as the fan base thinks he is then Pederson should find a way to keep him. It’s not unheard of for a team to keep 3 qbs. With his athleticism he’d even be able to play special teams!

Don’t even go there.

THE WOOOOOOOOOORST

(08-22-2023, 03:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Dude can kick extra points, perhaps.

With his athleticism you go for two. Every. Single. Time.

Where was Nathan rourke the past 15 or so years when we needed him

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 12:19 PM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

Guessing Beathard is the #2 for as long as he wants.

Nothing to do with talent. Everything to do with Trevor.

(08-28-2023, 12:18 PM)wg171 Wrote: Guessing Beathard is the #2 for as long as he wants.

Nothing to do with talent. Everything to do with Trevor.

100 percent. Trevor Lawrence is about to be one of the highest paid players in NFL history and it’s all about building the team around him and making him comfortable. They said Beathard goes over tape with him and they talk about things on certain plays. Beathard accepts his role as Trevor’s backup. Rourke might not be able to provide those types of qualities. 

Maybe they can keep him as an emergency protected player on the PS or maybe he goes to another team and takes off. We’re about to see what he’s worth in a couple of days.

(08-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...45494?s=20

CRAP!!!!
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(08-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...45494?s=20

Booooo!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The jaguars- springboarding players into there nfl careers since 2023

Looks like they will keep an extra WR?