Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.

(08-28-2023, 07:51 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Looks like they will keep an extra WR?

We're still going to lose Cooks, Harris, and Williams most likely.  Might get to keep one of Cooks or Harris.  Wouldn't mind seeing one of them land with Carolina.  It's the Jags JV team already.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-28-2023, 07:22 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...45494?s=20

Booooo!

Appears they are giving him the opportunity to land on another 53. He clears then our practice squad.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-28-2023, 07:51 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Looks like they will keep an extra WR?

I'm hoping so.  Rourke was the bubble guy that I was most hoping would make the team.  Cooks would be next.  I think Washington and Jones are making the team, so Cooks would need a seventh WR spot.

I'm hoping Rourke somehow makes it to the practice squad.

Kinda funny that so many people in this fan base think Rourke is incredible, yet no team was willing to give up even a late round draft pick to secure him in a trade. Oh I wonder why lol...

At least we still have a decent QB.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 06:19 AM by Jag88.)

(08-29-2023, 02:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Kinda funny that so many people in this fan base think Rourke is incredible, yet no team was willing to give up even a late round draft pick to secure him in a trade. Oh I wonder why lol...

Yes and no. Teams aren’t stupid, and they probably know he would be available. Does he clear 31 teams? Hmm

(08-29-2023, 02:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Kinda funny that so many people in this fan base think Rourke is incredible, yet no team was willing to give up even a late round draft pick to secure him in a trade. Oh I wonder why lol...

I do wonder why. He looks really good out there.

(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Remember Quinn Gray?

(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Because he’s looking good against 2nd and 3rd string players. Colt Brennan used to lead the preseason in passing yards.

Rourke is fine but if Trevor wants CJB here, then that’s who should be here. The season goes down the drain if Trevor gets hurt regardless if Rourke or CJB were to step in.

This answers some questions. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nathan-rou...ba9a2e9d48

(08-25-2023, 11:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Where was Nathan rourke the past 15 or so years when we needed him

grade school? He's 25.

Kinda funny how people over-exaggerate.

Who the [BLEEP] said he was incredible?

He’s better than Beathard.  Which is ALL most people were saying.  But hey, keep hyperbolizing.  It’s fun…right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I’m unabashedly biased and unapologetic about it!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 08:39 AM by Mikey.)

(08-28-2023, 08:03 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 07:22 PM)copycat Wrote: Booooo!

Appears they are giving him the opportunity to land on another 53. He clears then our practice squad.

still doesn't make sense, they threw a bunch of chips in on the table to bring him in over other teams who were offering. Not sure what they were looking for to cement a spot on the roster.

Ah well, I am not boycotting the team over one player, but it's a head scratcher of a move.

That said, I've seen one tweet so far, and nothing official. I'm injecting that last drop of hopium in my vein!

Hey, seventh round picks are very useful. @Every team needs a project at fullback@

(08-29-2023, 07:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I do wonder why. He looks really good out there.
Because he’s looking good against 2nd and 3rd string players. Colt Brennan used to lead the preseason in passing yards.

Rourke is fine but if Trevor wants CJB here, then that’s who should be here. The season goes down the drain if Trevor gets hurt regardless if Rourke or CJB were to step in.

This is the answer. Beathard played a big part in Lawrence’s development by teaching him how to watch and breakdown game film. I’m sure there’s a strong bond between the two.

(08-29-2023, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I do wonder why. He looks really good out there.

Remember Quinn Gray?

You mean the guy that we invested time to develop, grew into a backup role and won 2 games for us in a playoff season?

That Quinn Gray? Guess what - that's precisely what one should expect from a guy like Rourke. He ain't gonna be the starter. Heck he ain't likely ready to be the backup. Give him a year or two, no telling what you got.

Nobody is saying Rourke would be the next Mark Brunell. It just seems silly that if they weren't invested in the long-term prospect of keeping him as a third QB, why not just sign a throwaway player to a single-year deal, and basically have the foregone conclusion that you're a camp arm and this is your chance to put film out there.

Dude's not gonna clear waivers, he certainly made the best of his time here.

(08-28-2023, 07:35 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: The jaguars- springboarding players into there nfl careers since 2023

No doubt. Look at Minshew for example.  Ninja
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 12:05 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-29-2023, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Remember Quinn Gray?

You mean the guy that we invested time to develop, grew into a backup role and won 2 games for us in a playoff season?

That Quinn Gray? Guess what - that's precisely what one should expect from a guy like Rourke. He ain't gonna be the starter. Heck he ain't likely ready to be the backup. Give him a year or two, no telling what you got.

Nobody is saying Rourke would be the next Mark Brunell. It just seems silly that if they weren't invested in the long-term prospect of keeping him as a third QB, why not just sign a throwaway player to a single-year deal, and basically have the foregone conclusion that you're a camp arm and this is your chance to put film out there.

Dude's not gonna clear waivers, he certainly made the best of his time here.

As an undrafted free agent, the 3-year deal was a requirement.  So they couldn't sign him to a single-year deal.

I like Rourke fine, but as far as I'm concerned, this coaching staff and front office has earned my trust.  They've made too many good moves for me to second guess who the backup QB is going to be.

(08-25-2023, 11:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Where was Nathan rourke the past 15 or so years when we needed him

He was on the Jags going by the name of Gardner Minshew.  We are remember Minshew Madness when he lit up the preseason and regular season until the other teams finally got enough game film on him to expose his deficiencies.  Same will likely apply to Rouke, the Canadian Cannon.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 12:17 PM by p_rushing.)

(08-29-2023, 08:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 07:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because he’s looking good against 2nd and 3rd string players. Colt Brennan used to lead the preseason in passing yards.

This is the answer. Beathard played a big part in Lawrence’s development by teaching him how to watch and breakdown game film. I’m sure there’s a strong bond between the two.
If Trevor wants him here, make him a coach. Pay him to be Trevor's PA, whatever. It doesn't mean he should see the field or even be on the roster.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk