Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.

(08-29-2023, 12:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 08:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is the answer. Beathard played a big part in Lawrence’s development by teaching him how to watch and breakdown game film. I’m sure there’s a strong bond between the two.
If Trevor wants him here, make him a coach. Pay him to be Trevor's PA, whatever. It doesn't mean he should see the field or even be on the roster.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Honestly not sure what’s with the Beathard hate. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nothing to worry about, Rourke will be on our practice squad.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-29-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 12:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: If Trevor wants him here, make him a coach. Pay him to be Trevor's PA, whatever. It doesn't mean he should see the field or even be on the roster.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Honestly not sure what’s with the Beathard hate. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

If your back up wouldn't be the starter on at least half the teams in the NFL, he sucks.

(08-29-2023, 12:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Nothing to worry about, Rourke will be on our practice squad.

Which basically keeps him as a free agent for other teams to bring on to their 53 player roster during the season if they so desire.

(08-29-2023, 12:48 PM)Predator Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Honestly not sure what’s with the Beathard hate. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

If your back up wouldn't be the starter on at least half the teams in the NFL, he sucks.

Lol, what? There aren't 32 starters as it is. Once you're into the 40th best QB in the league it's just guys that aren't very good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2023, 12:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 12:48 PM)Predator Wrote: If your back up wouldn't be the starter on at least half the teams in the NFL, he sucks.

Lol, what? There aren't 32 starters as it is. Once you're into the 40th best QB in the league it's just guys that aren't very good.

It's called sarcasm.

I thought Beathard looked pretty good compared to the 2nd string QBs we faced this preseason.

(08-29-2023, 01:05 PM)Predator Wrote: I thought Beathard looked pretty good compared to the 2nd string QBs we faced this preseason.

I agree. He played pretty well on the whole. 
60% comp rate - 350ish yards - 2 TDs 1 INT - 92 QBR

pretty standard back-up type numbers

Rourke had a 65% comp rate and slightly higher QBR - but also faced lower depth chart defenders
*shrug*

Also - it's long been known Baalke is a staunch "prototypical size guy" when it comes to QBs
I was surprised he brought in the smaller in stature Rourke to begin with
Maybe he makes the PS - not losing sleep on it

(08-29-2023, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 01:05 PM)Predator Wrote: I thought Beathard looked pretty good compared to the 2nd string QBs we faced this preseason.

Rourke had a 65% comp rate and slightly higher QBR - but also faced lower depth chart defenders
*shrug*

Also - it's long been known Baalke is a staunch "prototypical size guy" when it comes to QBs

Unless your intention is to give them experience to become your starter, you don't want a 1st year developmental player as your main backup.

(08-29-2023, 03:08 PM)Predator Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I agree. He played pretty well on the whole. 

*shrug*

Unless your intention is to give them experience to become your starter, you don't want a 1st year developmental player as your main backup.

This.  Rourke was always destined for the practice squad.  Maybe next year he can supplant Beathard if he is not signed somewhere else.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023, 05:59 PM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-29-2023, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

*shrug*

"Maybe he makes the PS - not losing sleep on it"   Stop with the logic. Its so confusing.

dumb move

if they wanted to see if he can play, then give him reps with the 2's at the very least earlier in the games

Maybe he gets claimed by New England. Bill only has one QB on the team right now.

(08-29-2023, 08:40 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Maybe he gets claimed by New England. Bill only has one QB on the team right now.

As well as only 1 QB, they also only have 2 RBs and 2 TEs on the roster right now. Brady really masked how terrible Bill is at drafting.

(08-29-2023, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 08:40 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Maybe he gets claimed by New England. Bill only has one QB on the team right now.

As well as only 1 QB, they also only have 2 RBs and 2 TEs on the roster right now. Brady really masked how terrible Bill is at drafting.

Bill's dog wasn't there this year due to frustration. Bill just wouldn't listen to her.

Rourke has a future in the NFL in some capacity.

(08-29-2023, 12:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 12:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Nothing to worry about, Rourke will be on our practice squad.

Which basically keeps him as a free agent for other teams to bring on to their 53 player roster during the season if they so desire.

If he makes PS we can't designate him as a "protected player" and he can't be signed away. You can protect four players from the PS now. Rourke is a prime candidate for that
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-29-2023, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

So True !!   This is becoming more and more obvious after each year.

Rourke was unclaimed, and he's signing up for the practice squad.

All that handwringing for nothing.

(08-29-2023, 03:47 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I agree. He played pretty well on the whole. 

*shrug*

"Maybe he makes the PS - not losing sleep on it"   Stop with the logic.  Its so confusing.

And... voila!
He's signing to our PS