Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Outside of Gus Bradley, Luke Joeckel, and the pass rush, what are your 3 major concerns going into this season?

Quote:Bortles decision making, Meyer kicking, and playcalling..

Decision making and play calling is irrelevant when you have the #31 ranked defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Run defense

Injuries 

Caldwell has rolled the dice on a lot of players that had significant injuries throughout their college career so what appears to be a bargain in the draft could haunt us down the road ....

Aaron Colvin

Marquise Lee

TJ Yeldon

Myles Jack

Sheldon Day

My main concerns outside of Joke are.....

Kicker: Myers is extremely erratic and seems to hook every one of his kicks. Sometimes they sneak in, but many times they do not. I don't trust him in a close game.

Strong Safety: Cyprien just isn't very good and the backup is even worse. We're probably stuck with Cyprien this year, but he's a weak link.

Backup quarterback: If Blake stays healthy, this is not a big deal, but if he does get dinged, I want a signal caller I can trust to keep us competitive. I don't trust Henne at all. He's been in the NFL for a long time and he has thrown more picks than touchdowns. How is he still employed? I replace him with a guy we get during final cuts.

Safeties. Depth and SS starter are my concerns.

Quote:LOL least of our worries

There is no our regarding your thoughts and mine. Sorry.

Defensive Coordinator -- 1st time at this position.

Defensive Schemes look totally messed up.

.... I think we're in for a lot of confusion and finger pointing this season as it relates to our defense.

Quote:Safeties. Depth and SS starter are my concerns.

I think depth is the least of our concerns --- we have a lot of average players at each position.

How about can Blake be effective early in games? A large portion of his yards and td came when they were down by 9 or more points. Need this type of production when game is tied, close or winning.

Quote:How about can Blake be effective early in games? A large portion of his yards and td came when they were down by 9 or more points. Need this type of production when game is tied, close or winning.

LOL that's what happens when you have the #31 ranked scoring defense. You're always down unless you're 31-31 passing, 400 yards and 5 TD

Quote:Decision making and play calling is irrelevant when you have the #31 ranked defense.

Its not irrelevant if it can help contribute to the outcome of the game.. Yeah Defense was bad but the offense wasnt great.. We scored only 7 points in our last game of the season last year.. They struggledat times..As you seen versus the Bengals..

#1 has to be stopping the run/screens. Seems our defense is having a hard time handling anything coming out of the back field

#2 is special teams, because wow has it looked REAL bad during the preseason. 

#3 is the health of BB5. If Blake keeps taking as many hits as he's taking cuz of our piss poor offensive line, it's only a matter of time before he gets Bridgewater'd

Quote:LOL least of our worries

Do you ever get tired of clinging to Bortles jockstrap?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Do you ever get tired of clinging to Bortles jockstrap?
I mean other than cutting down on his INT's what is the next step? The dude threw 35 touchdowns last year, second only to Tom [BLEEP] Brady, and threw for 4400 yards. What more can you want from the guy? 50 TDs, 6000 yards 0 ints?

Quote:I mean other than cutting down on his INT's what is the next step? The dude threw 35 touchdowns last year, second only to Tom [BAD WORD REMOVED] Brady, and threw for 4400 yards. What more can you want from the guy? 50 TDs, 6000 yards 0 ints?

What?  Where did I say that I wanted anything?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Decision making and play calling is irrelevant when you have the #31 ranked defense.

Say What?  That's like saying binge eating is irrelevant if you're overweight.

Maybe throw those TD's in the first half would help. His stats are inflated.  

- LB's playing disciplined.

- NT depth behind Miller

- Solidifying a starting OL

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 04:44 PM by Joe.)

I can't breathe, my neck is broken, and there is blood coming from my ears.

Other than that, what should I worry about?

Quote:I mean other than cutting down on his INT's what is the next step? The dude threw 35 touchdowns last year, second only to Tom [BAD WORD REMOVED] Brady, and threw for 4400 yards. What more can you want from the guy? 50 TDs, 6000 yards 0 ints?
Accuracy.