Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devin Lloyd

How did he look to the rest of you?

With all eyes on Travon, sometimes I forget that we had another first rounder on defense last year.

Lloyd to me looks lost. See the Richardson TD run.

But I think what actually happened is that he’s not nearly as athletic as people thought.  He looks slow. He looks like he’s jogging out there most of the time.  He’s an undersized and slow LB with limited instincts.  

Am I missing something? 

One solo tackle. He did recover a fumble so that’s good.  His LB partner Foye is all over the place making tackles (8 solo) while Lloyd gets 1.  

Is his role different? He’s an inside LB after all in a 3-4 defense. He just seems like a good college player that may not be a good NFL player.  I m hopeful that in training camp he’s established himself as a playmaker because right now he’s just a guy, a below average one at that.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Richardson broke Lloyd’s angles

Barely recognized him this game. I'm not going to dread it yet. 1st game of the season.

Richardson tattoo’d Lloyd’s dome in the 4th quarter.

Better than week 1, as well as walker

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes I agree. Hopefully they both continue to improve
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Made a nice play on the ball yesterday that nearly led to a tipped pick. Just having a hard time nit picking against this defense at the moment.

It's 5th on 3rd down defensively. Allen and Walker are looking better and noticeably around the ball more. Campbell, Cisco, Williams and Herndon have played solid football.

This is without Hamilton and Smoot in the rotation as well. Lloyd is the least of my concerns...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I see him looking aware slightly more often than he did last year, but still lost a bit too often.

Playing zone and defending the underneath pass does not suit him in the NFL thus far.
He looks a little bit quicker to diagnose what is happening in front of him, but he's trying to figure out what's happening when Foye has already read it and reacted. 

Some plays, lost altogether.
Some plays, a beat slow to react. 
Other plays - involved with good timing but not making big impact.

I hope we are seeing a slow but steady evolution and not a drawn out struggle.