Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen

Looked like [BLEEP] against the Jets. Good lord man.

I live in Bills country so it's been quite the morning already lol But this is who Josh is honestly. Daboll was able to minimize his mistakes, but he's always been one to make a ton of mistakes but was always able to make the hero plays to overcome them. Paired with Dorsey, I just don't see that happening.

Again it's week 1, but it's a tough start for Buffalo.

Also, bro, slide or step out of bounds. I'll never understand why he insists on taking so many unnecessary hits.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember when people on this board said Allen was better than Mahomes?

That was cute.

(09-12-2023, 07:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Remember when people on this board said Allen was better than Mahomes?

That was cute.

Seriously. I've never been super high on Allen. I think he's very good, but he's not elite. Their shot was 2 years ago, they aren't contending for a SB this year IMO.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-12-2023, 07:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Remember when people on this board said Allen was better than Mahomes?

That was cute.

I remember that pre draft maybe. Has it happened since? 

Anyway - before everyone starts stepping all over their genitals running to the front of the line to bash Allen, I'd take a breath and see how he bounces back.  He single handedly gave away that game last night with the overthrows and mishandled snap, but it was one game. The Bills looked like they are probably a better team than the jests if they could stop shooting themselves in the foot for 2 quarters. And Allen is more likely to finish a top 5 NFL QB this year than to continue on that pace.

(09-12-2023, 08:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That was cute.

I remember that pre draft maybe. Has it happened since? 

Anyway - before everyone starts stepping all over their genitals running to the front of the line to bash Allen, I'd take a breath and see how he bounces back.  He single handedly gave away that game last night with the overthrows and mishandled snap, but it was one game. The Bills looked like they are probably a better team than the jests if they could stop shooting themselves in the foot for 2 quarters. And Allen is more likely to finish a top 5 NFL QB this year than to continue on that pace.
Oh I think Allen is a top 5 QB. He's very good.

But after that OT loss to the Chiefs in the playoffs 2 years ago, there was a segment of people on this board who said Allen was better than Mahomes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2023, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 08:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I remember that pre draft maybe. Has it happened since? 

Oh I think Allen is a top 5 QB. He's very good.

But after that OT loss to the Chiefs in the playoffs 2 years ago, there was a segment of people on this board who said Allen was better than Mahomes.

copy that

Mahomes pretty quickly set himself apart IMO

For me it was always Mahomes, Burrow and Allen in that order. Allen is quickly going to start slipping though and enabling guys like Lawrence, Tagovailoa and Herbert to creep up and take him right off the mantle. Those turnovers are ridiculous.

I know I nicknamed Lawrence Sunshine Brett Favre last year but by season's end and outside of really that rough weather game up in Philadelphia. He was relatively careful with the football all year. Tagovailoa though? With those receivers? Man, if he stays healthy? That's the team that absolutely scares the hell out of me in the play-off's.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-12-2023, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: For me it was always Mahomes, Burrow and Allen in that order. Allen is quickly going to start slipping though and enabling guys like Lawrence, Tagovailoa and Herbert to creep up and take him right off the mantle. Those turnovers are ridiculous.

I know I nicknamed Lawrence Sunshine Brett Favre last year but by season's end and outside of really that rough weather game up in Philadelphia. He was relatively careful with the football all year. Tagovailoa though? With those receivers? Man, if he stays healthy? That's the team that absolutely scares the hell out of me in the play-off's.

And that's nothing new really. He averages low teens in INTs every year (even with Daboll) and he fumbles usually about 10 times per year. Factor in their new offensive mindset under Dorsey is was too reckless and those numbers aren't going to be flattering. Now he'll never be Jameis throwing 30 INTs, but he's pretty carless with the ball for a top 5 QB. 

And it's only a matter of time until he really gets hurt. He's a big guy, but even the biggest guys get hurt eventually if they're not careful.

As NYC said, let's see how he bounces back, but he looked like he just picked up right where he left off last season.

And for sure Miami scares me in the playoffs, but can Tua last that long is the question. If he does they'll be dangerous. I was never a huge Tua fan but he's been right up there with the upper echelon QBs recently when healthy.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS