Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mahomes hit on the INT

Who hit Mahomes on that INT?
Couldn’t see a good replay at the stadium
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Travon Walker

I it saw at home and wondered - Thanks
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Pretty sure it was Allen
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mDT2ZKbbo

Look at about 3:18.

Walker and Allen lined up next to eachother. Walker made the initial push, but it was Allen that crossed over and bull rushed right into Mahomes. Great effort by both. But it was Allen that laid the smack down.

On a side note, the offensive routs by our recievers look nothing like last year. Recievers are running routs within the same yardage close to eachother and there is nobody streaking out to stretch the safeties. On top of that, there is no misdirection or any type of off balanced plays.

The play calling and route schemes are vanilla. It's like we are running an offense for a rookie QB that is designed to manage a game instead of breaking down a defense. This is not the same offense we saw last year and it's not the QB's fault. I'm just beside myself the more I compare the routes and schemes from last year to the routes and play calling this year.

It's night and day different.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 09:25 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was Allen.

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/status/1703565349155688850?s=20

(09-17-2023, 09:16 PM)carp8dm Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mDT2ZKbbo

Walker and Allen lined up next to eachother.  Walker made the initial push, but it was Allen that crossed over and bull rushed right into Mahomes.  Great effort by both.  But it was Allen that laid the smack down. 

On a side note, the offensive routs by our recievers look nothing like last year.  Recievers are running routs within the same yardage close to eachother and there is nobody streaking out to stretch the safeties.  On top of that, there is no misdirection or any type of off balanced plays.

The play calling and route schemes are vanilla.  It's like we are running an offense for a rookie QB that is designed to manage a game instead of breaking down a defense.  This is not the same offense we saw last year and it's not the QB's fault.  I'm just beside myself the more I compare the routes and schemes from last year to the routes and play calling this year.

Nah, Walker is #44 and was at the bottom with Allen at the top.  They weren't initially lined up next to each other, though Walker and he did get pretty close together right as Allen unloads on Mahomes.

(09-17-2023, 09:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It was Allen.

(09-17-2023, 09:16 PM)carp8dm Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mDT2ZKbbo

Walker and Allen lined up next to eachother.  Walker made the initial push, but it was Allen that crossed over and bull rushed right into Mahomes.  Great effort by both.  But it was Allen that laid the smack down. 

On a side note, the offensive routs by our recievers look nothing like last year.  Recievers are running routs within the same yardage close to eachother and there is nobody streaking out to stretch the safeties.  On top of that, there is no misdirection or any type of off balanced plays.

The play calling and route schemes are vanilla.  It's like we are running an offense for a rookie QB that is designed to manage a game instead of breaking down a defense.  This is not the same offense we saw last year and it's not the QB's fault.  I'm just beside myself the more I compare the routes and schemes from last year to the routes and play calling this year.

Nah, Walker is #44 and was at the bottom with Allen at the top.  They weren't initially lined up next to each other, though Walker and he did get pretty close together right as Allen unloads on Mahomes.
Yeah -
It was Allen. 

Both Allen and Walker are lined up outside at DE with a 4 down-lineman look. 
Both players loop inside after the initial punch 
Walker's new inside path moves the Center backward into Mahomes best path to evade Josh Allen who was able to disengage when he looped in and hit Mahomes immediately following the release.

(09-17-2023, 02:34 PM)enigma Wrote: Travon Walker

Couldn't have been.  Travon leads with his helmet, not his shoulder.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 04:44 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah, it was Allen.  That's what I said.  

I guess I missed Walker being lined up next to him.  But I said it was Allen that laid the wood. Walker wound up being pushed into the middle, that's why I thought he was lined up pre-snap. I'm sorry that in my haste to post the play I miss analyzed pre-snap positioning.

But Walker did wind up right next to Allen when Allen smoked Mahhomes.

(09-18-2023, 04:40 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

Yeah, it was Allen.  That's what I said.  

I guess I missed Walker being lined up next to him.  But I said it was Allen that laid the wood.W

Walker was not lined up next to him.

Walker was at strong side DE - Allen at weak side DE - with two DTs between them. 

They both stunted inside.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 04:50 PM by carp8dm. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-18-2023, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 04:40 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Yeah, it was Allen.  That's what I said.  

I guess I missed Walker being lined up next to him.  But I said it was Allen that laid the wood.W

Walker was not lined up next to him.

Walker was at strong side DE - Allen at weak side DE - with two DTs between them. 

Go back and re-read what I said.  LOL.  You want to call me out, but you can't even read my entire post?

Edit: Even worse, you're cherry picking my words?

2nd Edit: removing a confrontational comment. We're all fans here.

(09-18-2023, 04:48 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Walker was not lined up next to him.

Go back and re-read what I said.  LOL.  You want to call me out, but you can't even read my entire post?

Edit:  Even worse, you're cherry picking my words?!?!  The hell is wrong with you?

You edited your post after I quoted it genius

(09-18-2023, 04:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 04:48 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Go back and re-read what I said.  LOL.  You want to call me out, but you can't even read my entire post?

Edit:  Even worse, you're cherry picking my words?!?!  The hell is wrong with you?

You edited your post after I quoted it genius

I didn't change anything from my original post. You cut out most of my original post to change the context of what I was saying...  You know it.  I know it.  

It's all good.  Just look at the prior posts and it's clear who is honest and who isn't.

I appreciate you for constantly providing content to discuss.  I'm clearly not as influential as you are within this forum.  So you can get away with what you did.  But it's all good.  I'll still be around.  And I appreciate you as a Jaguars fan.  But, as a dude that resides in FL reading your nonsense, there's a reason we see things differently.

The fact that you didn't provide my exact quote proves that you know how silly your are.  But it's fun to discuss these topics with you.  You are very entertaining.  

Anyways, eat more bacon.  I prefer ribs and brisket.  Bacon sucks.  You like pork fat?  How bout some chicharrons?  Smoke some St. Louis slabs!  

Or try beef!  Take some time to get yourself a brisket and slowly smoke that over a day.  Bacon is a lazy boomer's concept of umami delicacy.

(09-18-2023, 06:39 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 04:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You edited your post after I quoted it genius

I didn't change anything from my original post. You cut out most of my original post to change the context of what I was saying...  You know it.  I know it.  

It's all good.  Just look at the prior posts and it's clear who is honest and who isn't.

I appreciate you for constantly providing content to discuss.  I'm clearly not as influential as you are within this forum.  So you can get away with what you did.  But it's all good.  I'll still be around.  And I appreciate you as a Jaguars fan.  But, as a dude that resides in FL reading your nonsense, there's a reason we see things differently.

The fact that you didn't provide my exact quote proves that you know how silly your are.  But it's fun to discuss these topics with you.  You are very entertaining.  

Anyways, eat more bacon.  I prefer ribs and brisket.  Bacon sucks.  You like pork fat?  How bout some chicharrons?  Smoke some St. Louis slabs!  

Or try beef!  Take some time to get yourself a brisket and slowly smoke that over a day.  Bacon is a lazy boomer's concept of umami delicacy.

I just tapped reply and replied to your post, dude. 
I didn't edit anything. 
edit:
(I just checked the log - and you did in fact edit your post - I quoted it before your edit is all)

I was just trying to correct an inaccuracy I read in your post.
I do that. 
I realize it bothers some people. 
You can be mad about it too if you want. 
I'm glad you realized your mistake and edited your post and - I'm sorry a quoted your unedited post too hastily.
*shrug*

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 06:54 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2023, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 06:39 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I didn't change anything from my original post. You cut out most of my original post to change the context of what I was saying...  You know it.  I know it.  

I just tapped reply and replied to your post, dude. 
I didn't edit anything. 

If I somehow unknowingly had a swipe of the trackpad or something that cut out some of your post - I apologize. 
I don't think that happened - because if your original post said that you realized where they lined up I wouldn't have tried to correct you. 

I was just trying to correct an inaccuracy I read in your post.
I do that. 
I realize it bothers some people. 
You can be mad about it if you want. 
*shrug*

ok.  I corrected myself prior to your comment.  

Just seemed like a dick move to harp on it after someone else called me out and I acknowledged the mistake.

It's all good.

EDIT: Seriously, it's all good. I like to argue. So I'm not angry. I don't want you to think I'm some insufferable [BLEEP]. I just like to argue at times. No antagonism, bro. This is just how I am.

(09-18-2023, 04:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 02:34 PM)enigma Wrote: Travon Walker

Couldn't have been.  Travon leads with his helmet, not his shoulder.

/golf clap