Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The apologize to Tre Herndon thread

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 02:37 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(09-18-2023, 12:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: HERN1.gif]

[Image: Hern2.gif]

I mean - I literally just pulled up chefs highlights from yesterday and 2 of them were #37 getting beat.
Everybody gets beat, Mahomes makes elite CB's look silly.  He also had some great plays.  PUnched out a ball on a tackle, broke up a couple of passes, made some key tackles. His game was not perfect but it was good.

You want to go and pull up the bad Trevor Lawrence passes from yesterday?  If you only looked at those, you would think he was a scrub.

(09-18-2023, 12:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 12:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Where’s all them Herndon Haters?? I been tellin y’all boys

He had one decent game where he played like an actual starting NFL NB. 

Call me when he does it 3 out of 4 weeks and we can talk.
C'mon man.  I know you are a hater but lets give him his props.  He has played 2 good games to start the Season.  Last week he was one of the best players on the field.

[Image: ad70sguainnb1.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 02:54 PM by TownCenterJag.)

Yeah. I feel like some fans don’t consider that there are good players on the other side who are trying to win a football game. They have some plays and some moves. If you watch Herndon he is clearly improved IMO and has already had a couple of nice pass break ups. We are 1-1 and he has been playing well. We lost yesterday because the offense didn’t capitalize in the red zone and off of turnovers. We won week 1.

That 2nd clip is a really good throw and catch lol. Herndon is right there.

We'll see guys. We'll see.

I'm glad Herndon has made a few plays.

I was an advocate for him at one point a few years ago if you've been around here long enough, so it isn't blind hate or bashing from me.

I just hated entering this year without spending any real capital on upgrading the slot defense or the OL.

Mike Campbell and Tre Herndon are most definitely mitigating the lack of talent at slot defender much better than Rauscher and his chosen starters are at offensive line, so ... I'll give him that.

Also - yeas - that second play was a very good throw and catch - thought that when I posted it and should have mentioned.

I’ll concede that I was hoping for some money or draft capital spent at the position. But two weeks into the season on my personal list of pros & cons - Herndon has been a pleasant surprise while, surprisingly, it’s been our offense that’s had some eyebrow raising moments. I hope he continues his improved play. It will make us that much better when the offense comes around.

Defense in general is the least of my concerns. As cited in the Lloyd thread. I won't start heavily criticizing this unit until they give me a reason to. They gave this offense multiple chances to win the game on Sunday and they did nothing with said chances. Same thing back in week one. If you erase the stupid fumble for a TD they only gave up 14 points to the clots.

The reality is that this offense had back-to-back opportunities to put more than 35 points on the board. It's supposed to be the strength of the team. It needs to start functioning that way. Again, it's one game for Herndon. You win some battles, you lose some battles. They ultimately held them to 17 points with us going 0/7 in the redzone. Let me repeat that.

0 for [BLEEP] 7 in the redzone.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Real life: 2 good games from Herndon

Everybody: Herndon had 1 good game….

(09-20-2023, 08:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Real life: 2 good games from Herndon

Real, Real Life:

Herndon gave up a ton of yards vs the chefs despite making two good plays.

When Herndon or his zone of coverage were targeted, Mahomes had a 117.5 passer rating and completed NINE passes for 135 yards. 81.8% completion rate against Herndon.  He also had two missed tackles. 

You are allowing two good plays to color your perception of his day without looking at the tape. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p.../advanced/

Herndon is the kind of kid that balls out if you ride him and make sure he's in the moment. The instant you just let him do his own thing is the moment you realize it was your own damn fault for not coaching better.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 07:58 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(09-17-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol im pretty sure the chiefs longest play today was a pass over his head but ight

Bumping this since he just had one of the worst plays of the year on that FB kick return td

(09-20-2023, 11:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 08:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Real life: 2 good games from Herndon

Real, Real Life:

When Herndon or his zone of coverage were targeted, Mahomes had a 117.5 passer rating and completed NINE passes for 135 yards. 81.8% completion rate against Herndon.  He also had two missed tackles. 

You are allowing two good plays to color your perception of his day without looking at the tape. 

And he took an atrocious angle that allowed a slow FB to score a PR TD. 

He's still terrible.

(09-25-2023, 07:57 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol im pretty sure the chiefs longest play today was a pass over his head but ight

Bumping this since he just had one of the worst plays of the year on that FB kick return td

(09-20-2023, 11:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Real, Real Life:

He's still terrible.

Daniel Thomas, Caleb Johnson, Elijah Cooks, Dewey Wingard, D'Ernest Johnson and Tre Herndon all botched their opportunities to make a tackle on that play.

One of the most vile things I've ever seen a special teams unit give up.

(09-25-2023, 08:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:57 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Bumping this since he just had one of the worst plays of the year on that FB kick return td

He's still terrible.

Daniel Thomas, Caleb Johnson, Elijah Cooks, Dewey Wingard, D'Ernest Johnson and Tre Herndon all botched their opportunities to make a tackle on that play.

I'm not saying other people couldn't have made a play, but he was the deep guy or the "safety" if you will, and he ran to the middle of the field behind all the blockers when the FB cut outside.. a lot of players messed up on the play but he shouldn't have been anywhere near where he was at, even the commentators called him out on it.

(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Daniel Thomas, Caleb Johnson, Elijah Cooks, Dewey Wingard, D'Ernest Johnson and Tre Herndon all botched their opportunities to make a tackle on that play.

I'm not saying other people couldn't have made a play, but he was the deep guy or the "safety" if you will, and he ran to the middle of the field behind all the blockers when the FB cut outside.. a lot of players messed up on the play but he shouldn't have been anywhere near where he was at, even the commentators called him out on it.

I said Cook, meant Harris,  (whomever they stupidly put there instead of the usual gunner Jones) but yeah... Herndon has plenty of blame there.

Herndon did take a bad angle but Harris blew his assignment and then Johnson flat out got smoked by Beck. Couldn’t hawk him down.

I see some of the Herndon Haters are out this evening.

(09-25-2023, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm not saying other people couldn't have made a play, but he was the deep guy or the "safety" if you will, and he ran to the middle of the field behind all the blockers when the FB cut outside.. a lot of players messed up on the play but he shouldn't have been anywhere near where he was at, even the commentators called him out on it.

I said Cook, meant Harris,  (whomever they stupidly put there instead of the usual gunner Jones) but yeah... Herndon has plenty of blame there.

Oh, so coaches maybe responsible for things?  Interesting....

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:22 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Coaches can’t legally tackle players, so it falls on the player. Doug also didn’t drop that TD pass or miss 2 FGs.

Wasn't he on that punt return where a FULLBACK outran our whole team?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:27 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(09-25-2023, 08:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Herndon did take a bad angle but Harris blew his assignment and then Johnson flat out got smoked by Beck. Couldn’t hawk him down.

I see some of the Herndon Haters are out this evening.

I dont hate him he just isnt good at football

(09-25-2023, 09:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Wasn't he on that punt return where a FULLBACK outran our whole team?

He also got burnt for 25+ yards twice

Tre Herndon played a very good game in week 5

I hope that continues

I freely admit I hate him. Not only do I hate him, but I hope all the bad things in life happen to him and nobody else but him. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go put some water in Chris Prosinski's mama's dish. Good Evening.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 01:45 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

I’m looking for y’all. Where you hiding… come out the wood works. Where’s my Herndon Haters at ? Herndon has played solid all year. Lageman said Herndon was one of the best corner blitzers on the team and it helps this defense work.

Thewitnessofsolinvictus confessed up. Where’s the rest of em??

I’ve been told y’all boys. Cleetwoody stay outta this one.