Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For those blaiming the coaches for the failed 1st and Goal

(09-23-2023, 10:39 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 10:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A - Lawrence shares blame in many of those red zone fails - the keeper and some high passes 

B - the pocket time stat is a an aggregate of all snaps - both designed quick releases and quick throws due to pressure - It is 100% relevant because he both has to run too many quick release plays due to bad line play AND has to throw early because of garbage protection

There is a reason why analysts the world over revere 2.5 seconds as the magic number for QBs to make 2 or 3 reads and get the ball out. Analysis of QBs over the last decade of modern football lays it out clearly - very few QBs who get less than that produce consistently in the pass game and especially with downfield passing - while the number of productive QBs who get that measure of time clearly validates its significance - there are a hundred articles out there on it - you should read up 

Fields cannot make and process reads quickly and that's why he has such a late release time - different animal

One of Trevors better qualities is his quick release, Fields on the other hand holds onto the ball forever. Our o lines are really not that much different, but one guy has 4 seconds and the other has 2? I'm just saying that stat being used as a single reason the O line sucks is weird because it covers more than just what the O line are doing.

LOL
 I understand the factors that affect that stat line. 

Our OL is not giving anyone 4 seconds to stand in a pocket, nor is it giving anyone a pocket to stand in at all half the time. You can count on one hand the number of times this happens in a game for TL. Rare. 
I'm over here begging for a line that would give him 2.5 secs on 60% of the passing snaps. 
He'd probably hit 300 yards through the air every single week. 

The OL doesn't suck because of that stat - the stat merely supports what is readily apparent to football fans with eyeballs:
Trevor doesn't get a clean pocket to work in very often 
 - and he is forced to throw a designed quick pass, evade pressure, or hurry a throw way too often because he is under pressure faster than most QBs in the NFL.

This stuff is very basic, and insanely obvious if you simply rewatch the games and just focus on the OL. (especially if you can get the all 22 views) 

They are playing very poorly collectively. 

Little has been good. Harrison started out OK and then faced Jones, and the rest of them have been manhandled by their opponents on the regular to start the year. You can go on trying to twist it however you want - but none of what I'm saying is debatable if you just watch the tape. These dudes are not winning their matchups. 

Trevor's quick release and escapability is the reason most fans are just now starting to get hip to the fact that our line isn't good, but it would be unwise to let that blind you into disregarding the line's underachievement.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2023, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 10:39 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: One of Trevors better qualities is his quick release, Fields on the other hand holds onto the ball forever. Our o lines are really not that much different, but one guy has 4 seconds and the other has 2? I'm just saying that stat being used as a single reason the O line sucks is weird because it covers more than just what the O line are doing.

LOL

Our OL is not giving anyone 4 seconds to stand in a pocket, nor is it giving anyone a pocket to stand in at all half the time. You can count on one hand the number of times this happens in a game for TL. Rare. 
I'm over here begging for a line that would give him 2.5 secs on 60% of the passing snaps. 

The OL doesn't suck because of that stat - the stat merely supports what is readily apparent to football fans with eyeballs:
 - and he is forced to throw a designed quick pass, evade pressure, or hurry a throw way too often because he is under pressure faster than most QBs in the NFL.

This stuff is very basic, and insanely obvious if you simply rewatch the games and just focus on the OL. (especially if you can get the all 22 views) 

Little has been good. Harrison started out OK and then faced Jones, and the rest of them have been manhandled by their opponents on the regular to start the year. You can go on trying to twist it however you want - but none of what I'm saying is debatable if you just watch the tape. These dudes are not winning their matchups. 

Trevor's quick release and escapability is the reason most fans are just now starting to get hip to the fact that our line isn't good, but it would be unwise to let that blind you into disregarding the line's underachievement.
Most fans have know our oline hasn't been good for years.  We have been trying to get this oline fixed for many years now.  There are only a few people that think Fortner is good because they look at sacks given up and that our tackles have been good over the past couple years.  The Chiefs made Taylor one of the most over paid players in the league but only a few on this board thought that was a good signing for them.  There are way more fans than not that have known where our oline stands they just don't come on here every day beating a dead horse about it.  All you have to do is watch the games and it don't take All 22 or even replays to see it.  I don't think most fans doesn't realize our oline has been a problem.  Just because most fans doesn't come on here beating a dead horse everyday like you do doesn't mean one can't see it, they have eyes.  I mean, our oline was ranked 31st in the league before the season even started so it was no secret.

(09-23-2023, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Most fans have know our oline hasn't been good for years.  We have been trying to get this oline fixed for many years now.  There are only a few people that think Fortner is good because they look at sacks given up and that our tackles have been good over the past couple years.  The Chiefs made Taylor one of the most over paid players in the league but only a few on this board thought that was a good signing for them.  There are way more fans than not that have known where our oline stands they just don't come on here every day beating a dead horse about it.  All you have to do is watch the games and it don't take All 22 or even replays to see it.  I don't think most fans doesn't realize our oline has been a problem.  Just because most fans doesn't come on here beating a dead horse everyday like you do doesn't mean one can't see it, they have eyes.  I mean, our oline was ranked 31st in the league before the season even started so it was no secret.

I'm talking about twitter polls of 800+ fans that responded to various questions from local radio concerning OL.

Prior to the draft all the way up to preseason - most fans thought the line would be fine. 

Even after Taylor was moved, most were still confident it would be fine as long as they drafted a RT early. 

There was no undercurrent of concern about the interior until week one happened. 
Boselli and Prisco totally changed their tunes on the topic after that game too. 

We still have to wait and see what it looks like after London to really evaluate properly, but I think the percentage of fans who were concerned about it predraft was fairly low.

(09-23-2023, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 10:39 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: One of Trevors better qualities is his quick release, Fields on the other hand holds onto the ball forever. Our o lines are really not that much different, but one guy has 4 seconds and the other has 2? I'm just saying that stat being used as a single reason the O line sucks is weird because it covers more than just what the O line are doing.

LOL

You're missing my point, The bears OL is trash yet Fields "pocket time" is much longer.. has nothing to do with the OL almost at all. I'm very aware our o line sucks, but so does the Bears.

(09-24-2023, 12:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most fans have know our oline hasn't been good for years.  We have been trying to get this oline fixed for many years now.  There are only a few people that think Fortner is good because they look at sacks given up and that our tackles have been good over the past couple years.  The Chiefs made Taylor one of the most over paid players in the league but only a few on this board thought that was a good signing for them.  There are way more fans than not that have known where our oline stands they just don't come on here every day beating a dead horse about it.  All you have to do is watch the games and it don't take All 22 or even replays to see it.  I don't think most fans doesn't realize our oline has been a problem.  Just because most fans doesn't come on here beating a dead horse everyday like you do doesn't mean one can't see it, they have eyes.  I mean, our oline was ranked 31st in the league before the season even started so it was no secret.

I'm talking about twitter polls of 800+ fans that responded to various questions from local radio concerning OL.

Prior to the draft all the way up to preseason - most fans thought the line would be fine. 

Even after Taylor was moved, most were still confident it would be fine as long as they drafted a RT early. 

There was no undercurrent of concern about the interior until week one happened. 
Boselli and Prisco totally changed their tunes on the topic after that game too. 

We still have to wait and see what it looks like after London to really evaluate properly, but I think the percentage of fans who were concerned about it predraft was fairly low.

If cam plays like he really cares than our OL isnt bad. Not great just good enough for TL to throw dimes.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 01:30 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-23-2023, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most fans have know our oline hasn't been good for years.  We have been trying to get this oline fixed for many years now.  There are only a few people that think Fortner is good because they look at sacks given up and that our tackles have been good over the past couple years.  The Chiefs made Taylor one of the most over paid players in the league but only a few on this board thought that was a good signing for them.  There are way more fans than not that have known where our oline stands they just don't come on here every day beating a dead horse about it.  All you have to do is watch the games and it don't take All 22 or even replays to see it.  I don't think most fans doesn't realize our oline has been a problem.  Just because most fans doesn't come on here beating a dead horse everyday like you do doesn't mean one can't see it, they have eyes.  I mean, our oline was ranked 31st in the league before the season even started so it was no secret.

Those people are stupid, Our oline was weak on the interior and we didn't do anything about it. We took brenton Strange who has contributed 0 catches for 0 yards so far instead.. And Bigsby which is seemingly even more head scratching because we rarely make use of our backup RB under Doug.

Still don't understand why so many people wanted a TE so early when we had Engram.

I think any fan of this team that knows anything about football knew we needed a nickel corner and interior line help, and we ignored both until the later rounds.

(09-24-2023, 01:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

You're missing my point, The bears OL is trash yet Fields "pocket time" is much longer.. has nothing to do with the OL almost at all. I'm very aware our o line sucks, but so does the Bears.

I won't continue belaboring this after this post. I'm sure everyone is tired of it by now. 
 But A -  Fields pocket time is 2.8 seconds (not 4)  which is still one of the longest in the league after two weeks. 

It is longer than many QBs because he is very slow making reads/decisions and his coordinator doesn't dial up many quick hit plays for him. (when he does, Fields is still not quick with the release) 

The stat has LOTS to do with the OL because many of these timed "snap to release" measurements are determined by pressure.  The definition of the stat is the time between snap and either release OR pressure. Whichever come first. Many times, it is pressure that occurs first.  

If you watch Fields cut-up from week 2 you'll see the line looks a lot like our own and Fields just holds the ball for an eternity at times. (Fields interior line actually holds up at the point of attack in terms of pocket better than the Jags line, but I digress)

Watch this Fields week 2 cut-up and imagine that line facing Chris Jones. Would look eerily similar to what we watched last week. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr0ZjmxBdc4

Prisco, just now on the radio said "I went into the season, thinking the line would be OK, but they've been a disappointment so far... that interior with Bartch, Fortner, and sherff has just been bad"

(09-24-2023, 09:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 01:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You're missing my point, The bears OL is trash yet Fields "pocket time" is much longer.. has nothing to do with the OL almost at all. I'm very aware our o line sucks, but so does the Bears.

I won't continue belaboring this after this post. I'm sure everyone is tired of it by now. 
 But A -  Fields pocket time is 2.8 seconds (not 4)  which is still one of the longest in the league after two weeks. 

It is longer than many QBs because he is very slow making reads/decisions and his coordinator doesn't dial up many quick hit plays for him. (when he does, Fields is still not quick with the release) 

The stat has LOTS to do with the OL because many of these timed "snap to release" measurements are determined by pressure.  The definition of the stat is the time between snap and either release OR pressure. Whichever come first. Many times, it is pressure that occurs first.  

If you watch Fields cut-up from week 2  you'll see the line looks a lot like our own and Fields just holds the ball for an eternity at times. (Fields interior line actually holds up at the point of attack in terms of pocket better than the Jags line, but I digress)

Watch this Fields week 2 cut-up and imagine that line facing Chris Jones. Would look eerily similar to what we watched last week. 

Why do you start this out like you're trying to prove a point to me and then making the same exact point I made with heavy detail you weirdo.

(09-24-2023, 12:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I won't continue belaboring this after this post. I'm sure everyone is tired of it by now. 

If you watch Fields cut-up from week 2  you'll see the line looks a lot like our own and Fields just holds the ball for an eternity at times. (Fields interior line actually holds up at the point of attack in terms of pocket better than the Jags line, but I digress)

Why do you start this out like you're trying to prove a point to me and then making the same exact point I made with heavy detail you weirdo.
A - not about you

B- you made it clear you have zero understanding of the stat cited

C- you misquoted a comp stat so badly that no one in the entire league is within 20 miles  of the horse [BLEEP] number  you pulled out of your [BLEEP] 

Sorry - i cannot exain this stuff to you - you'll have to struggle on alone  

The Jags clearly have much bigger problems now than protection and your football IQ