Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Arden Key

Hello..... new to the board.

I'm just wondering why didn't/couldn't resign him? Even at his asking price I'd say he would've been worth it.

Just watching him for a rival team ball out makes me jealous & pissed.

Not sure I liked this move by Baalke.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2023, 06:31 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm pretty sure Arden ascended to the Heavens after the end of our season, After Dominion 2023. He's gracing Jacksonville while sitting at the right hand of the Lord.

Ahhh HOOOO!

(09-19-2023, 06:07 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Hello..... new to the board.

I'm just wondering why didn't/couldn't resign him? Even at his asking price I'd say he would've been worth it.

He got a better offer from another team. 

As to why our staff thought they could replace his production rather than offer a more competitive salary, I can only speculate. 

Guess one:
RRH and Smoot both came on really strong at the end of last season and you probably know Key split his snaps in Jax between DT and DE/OLB. He got most of his pressure lined up as a DT in passing situations. Smoot and RRH both started doing that more at the end of last year, so I'm guessing they figured they had enough guys to rotate and still produce. Of course it's a gamble on whether Smoot will be back and play the same by mid season. 

Guess two: 
Culture fit. Key seemed like the lone wild child in the more choir boy collection of players on that DL, and I wonder if there may have been some rub? Total speculation without foundation though. 

Guess three: 
His spot was simply targeted for youth and development. They drafted an edge rusher and a DT. 

Not bringing back Key seemingly left a hole in our pass rush rotation, but surprisingly, he hasn't really been missed yet. The Jags have pressured each of the QBs they've faced effectively so far.

(09-19-2023, 06:07 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Hello..... new to the board.

Too expensive.  No team in the NFL can re-sign all of their own players and maintain a healthy cap indefinitely.  Sometimes you just have to draft well and hope the young guys are able to contribute early on.

Arden key we lucked out on in FA

He played well and got rewarded

(09-19-2023, 11:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Arden key we lucked out on in FA

Yes he was also consistent for us. ?

(10-06-2023, 03:23 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 11:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Arden key we lucked out on in FA

Yes he was also consistent for us. ?

That consistency didn't Carry across to the cheifs game

He has played well in a rotation this year. He is not really starting in TN.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

So as of now, he has 2.5 sacks for the titans. He had 4.5 last year for the jags.

He made this city and team what it is, if you recall.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nrH7YlTOG7k

(10-12-2023, 03:40 AM)Jag88 Wrote: So as of now, he has 2.5 sacks for the titans. He had 4.5 last year for the jags.

Dig deeper if you want good stats. He's already played 42% of the snaps we gave him all of last year. He's in on 12.5 more plays per game this year. He's on pace to play 686 snaps this season.

Do you believe he can keep those paces up? He got one sack in the past four weeks, is that more a sign of what to expect, or is it the 1.5 sack week 1?

(10-07-2023, 01:58 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: He has played well in a rotation this year.  He is not really starting in TN.

That's what he did in Jax until the last 5 games or so. He was heavier rotation at that point. 
He was used around 30-40% of the snaps and got a bump after he started to produce pressures more consistently (around week 14) and then Smoot went down two weeks later keeping Key's snap count in the 50-60% range.

(10-12-2023, 08:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 03:40 AM)Jag88 Wrote: So as of now, he has 2.5 sacks for the titans. He had 4.5 last year for the jags.

Dig deeper if you want good stats. He's already played 42% of the snaps we gave him all of last year. He's in on 12.5 more plays per game this year. He's on pace to play 686 snaps this season.

Do you believe he can keep those paces up? He got one sack in the past four weeks, is that more a sign of what to expect, or is it the 1.5 sack week 1?

He probably wishes he would have stayed with the jaguars for more than the one reason of wins and losses, but he got paid at least. He is more dangerous on a good defense than he is on that titan team. That’s At least so far.