Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ridley

(10-30-2023, 02:35 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t know.

He’s definitely playing decent.

But like or not, Ridley came with the hype and pedigree of a game breaking receiver. Maybe not quite Tyreek level, but for me personally (emphasis on that) I haven’t seen those kind of “game breaking” plays yet, plays or even a game where his gameplay tilted the field or broke a game open. There is still time of course. But I’m still in cautiously wait and see mode

Yeah he's not a disappointment but I want Tyreek/ AJ brown type performances is he capable because I honestly thought so before season.
No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2023, 01:11 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:35 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I don’t know.

He’s definitely playing decent.

But like or not, Ridley came with the hype and pedigree of a game breaking receiver. Maybe not quite Tyreek level, but for me personally (emphasis on that) I haven’t seen those kind of “game breaking” plays yet, plays or even a game where his gameplay tilted the field or broke a game open. There is still time of course. But I’m still in cautiously wait and see mode

Yeah he's not a disappointment but I want Tyreek/ AJ brown type performances is he capable because I honestly thought so before season.

He's not as fast as I thought he'd be. I'm not seeing much separation. He's strong and looks like Tarzan, though. I don't think it'll be the end of the world to cut him loose and draft his replacement.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2023, 01:26 PM by Caldrac.)

Ridley's not a deep ball threat. He's a clean route runner that makes a lot of short change routes look easy effortlessly and he can be a factor with his double moves if this damn offensive line could give Lawrence more time in the pocket for those routes to develop.

Not sure what his future will be but he does open up things offensively. A big reason why Etienne broke that wheel route wide open last Sunday was because the safety cheated up severely on his route in fear of him cutting loose on his corner assigned to him.

Really looking forward to Zay Jones getting back into this line-up though. We miss that deep threat connection for Trevor. Then you add Cleveland into the line-up. Should buy Lawrence more time for him to read the 2nd and 3rd level routes that we've been missing consistently. He's highly efficient when he goes deep though. Best in the league at the moment.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:18 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Not necessarily. I think the jags play will be to tag him.  This would retain him another year but they only have to give ATL a 3

I don't think they can afford to tag him while leaving Josh Allen wide open to the market coming off of what will undoubtedly be his best season to date. He's on pace to set the new single-season franchise mark in sacks. 

Unless they hammer something out quickly it's just too risky in my opinion. This is going to be an interesting off-season in just four months from now. A lot of decisions to make. 

Josh Allen
Calvin Ridley
Cam Robinson

Then, you have to start looking at other contract extensions. Little, Cisco, Cleveland, Campbell, Williams, etc. Hoping like hell this team wins it all in February. After that? I can stomach or accept anything they decide to roster wise short of trading Lawrence away for whatever crazy, stupid cosmic reason.

I agree completely that Josh Allen is priority one and absence a contract extension we have to leave the tag available. The way he’s playing and our lack of other options, I’m not sure for bad of a negotiation that will be. Frankly he had us over a barrel.

I'm hoping we can extend Allen before the season is over, tag Ridley, and somehow keep Cam for another year. After next year a number of contracts come off the books

(11-02-2023, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping we can extend Allen before the season is over, tag Ridley, and somehow keep Cam for another year.  After next year a number of contracts come off the books

Josh Allen has proven his worth.  I'm not sure how hot the market is for him, but if we can keep him would be nice.  

Cam has looked great for the last couple games he's played.  

Ridley is getting better as the season has progressed.  It feels like we're about to make a deep run.  We're like right on the cusp of a real thing, man.  This team, after the Houston debacle, looks like a real freaking monster.

The only teams I worry about now are the Bengals, Dolphins, and Ravens.  And honestly, we have the Raven's number.

(11-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:18 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Not necessarily. I think the jags play will be to tag him.  This would retain him another year but they only have to give ATL a 3

I don't think they can afford to tag him while leaving Josh Allen wide open to the market coming off of what will undoubtedly be his best season to date. He's on pace to set the new single-season franchise mark in sacks. 

Unless they hammer something out quickly it's just too risky in my opinion. This is going to be an interesting off-season in just four months from now. A lot of decisions to make. 

Josh Allen
Calvin Ridley
Cam Robinson

Then, you have to start looking at other contract extensions. Little, Cisco, Cleveland, Campbell, Williams, etc. Hoping like hell this team wins it all in February. After that? I can stomach or accept anything they decide to roster wise short of trading Lawrence away for whatever crazy, stupid cosmic reason.

Robinson is only playing well because he wants to get paid again in free agency. Let him go. Little is better at LT anyway. 

We need to save the tag for Josh Allen, who's going to want bank since he finally decided to show up and play in his contract year. Funny how that works. Make him play lights out one more year with the tag. 

I'm on the fence with Ridley. Let's see if he starts catching the ball and performs in the postseason.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-02-2023, 06:26 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think they can afford to tag him while leaving Josh Allen wide open to the market coming off of what will undoubtedly be his best season to date. He's on pace to set the new single-season franchise mark in sacks. 

Josh Allen
Calvin Ridley
Cam Robinson

Robinson is only playing well because he wants to get paid again in free agency. Let him go. Little is better at LT anyway. 

We need to save the tag for Josh Allen, who's going to want bank since he finally decided to show up and play in his contract year. Funny how that works. Make him play lights out one more year with the tag. 

I'm on the fence with Ridley. Let's see if he starts catching the ball and performs in the postseason.

Well he's under contract for another year so that would be a weird move by him. Maybe, just maybe, he's actually pretty good.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-02-2023, 06:26 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think they can afford to tag him while leaving Josh Allen wide open to the market coming off of what will undoubtedly be his best season to date. He's on pace to set the new single-season franchise mark in sacks. 

Josh Allen
Calvin Ridley
Cam Robinson

Or maybe, just maybe, Travon getting better at collapsing the other side and our secondary being packed with ball hawks is giving him the extra half second he has always needed.  He's been near the top of the league in pressures the last two years.  Now he's getting sacks.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2023, 09:49 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 06:26 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Robinson is only playing well because he wants to get paid again in free agency. Let him go. Little is better at LT anyway. 

Well he's under contract for another year so that would be a weird move by him. Maybe, just maybe, he's actually pretty good.

Isn't Cam playing on the franchise tag? if he got a contract I totally missed that.

Edit: Just checked, yeah I missed that lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-03-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 06:26 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Robinson is only playing well because he wants to get paid again in free agency. Let him go. Little is better at LT anyway. 

Cam has an out clause after this year.

If the team wants to save $16.6 mil - they can let him go with a dead cap hit of 5 mil. 

It is very possible he's a cap casualty - and he did not play this well last year prior to getting himself suspended. 
I think the contract year performance is fair to consider. 

I'd call it a 50/50 chance he's back at this point. Lots of moving parts this offseason cap-wise.

(11-03-2023, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well he's under contract for another year so that would be a weird move by him. Maybe, just maybe, he's actually pretty good.

If the team wants to save $16.6 mil - they can let him go with a dead cap hit of 5 mil. 

It is very possible he's a cap casualty - and he did not play this well last year prior to getting himself suspended. 

I'd call it a 50/50 chance he's back at this point. Lots of moving parts this offseason cap-wise.

I hope it's a 99% chance he's gone. Little should be playing LT as it is. Having two starting caliber LTs is a luxury this year, but that $16.6M will be needed to resign Trevor, pay Allen, etc.

(11-03-2023, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 08:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well he's under contract for another year so that would be a weird move by him. Maybe, just maybe, he's actually pretty good.

I'm aware. I'm just saying it's not like he's a pending FA with no contract right now auditioning for other teams.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-03-2023, 11:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cam has an out clause after this year.

I'm aware. I'm just saying it's not like he's a pending FA with no contract right now auditioning for other teams.

Anticipation of being a cap cut after you just jeopardized your standing with a suspension can be just as much motivation as a contract year to step up your game. 

Wish he'd have stepped up last year. I'd feel way more inclined to find a way to keep him. 
As things stand - he's gonna really have to finish the year on a high note for me to not personally see him as someone else's gamble. 

I know he has a leadership role and he's all bought in supposedly - but the staff has zero confidence in him playing anywhere but left tackle - he acted like a [BLEEP] when asked about playing another position - and the team has a LT ready to take his place in Little. 

There are lots of creative ways to massage the cap, but Trevor, Allen, Ridley and Cam all reupping in one offseason is gonna be tough.

If they cut Scherrf as a Post 6/1 designee this offseason it saves $16 million against the cap in 2024. Cam is $16.6 million no matter when they cut him. $9 more if they cut Rayshawn. It's not that hard to make space in 2024 for Ridley, Cleveland, Allen and figure in Trevor's new deal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-03-2023, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If they cut Scherrf as a Post 6/1 designee this offseason it saves $16 million against the cap in 2024. Cam is $16.6 million no matter when they cut him. $9 more if they cut Rayshawn. It's not that hard to make space in 2024 for Ridley, Cleveland, Allen and figure in Trevor's new deal.

Where do you see Scherff would save 16 mil against the cap?  On sportrac it shows a 24 mil cap hit and a 15 mil in dead money if cut so that would only be saving 9 mil

(11-03-2023, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If they cut Scherrf as a Post 6/1 designee this offseason it saves $16 million against the cap in 2024. Cam is $16.6 million no matter when they cut him. $9 more if they cut Rayshawn. It's not that hard to make space in 2024 for Ridley, Cleveland, Allen and figure in Trevor's new deal.

Where do you see Scherff would save 16 mil against the cap?  On sportrac it shows a 24 mil cap hit and a 15 mil in dead money if cut so that would only be saving 9 mil

Didn't they convert some of his overall contract this off season into signing bonus money for restructuring?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2023, 02:23 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2023, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where do you see Scherff would save 16 mil against the cap?  On sportrac it shows a 24 mil cap hit and a 15 mil in dead money if cut so that would only be saving 9 mil

Didn't they convert some of his overall contract this off season into signing bonus money for restructuring?
Yes, they lowered his cap hit for this year and made it a bigger cap hit for next year

(11-03-2023, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Click the Dead money link. It shows the scenarios.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2023, 06:49 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2023, 03:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where do you see Scherff would save 16 mil against the cap?  On sportrac it shows a 24 mil cap hit and a 15 mil in dead money if cut so that would only be saving 9 mil

Click the Dead money link. It shows the scenarios.

Oh ok.  I think we cut Scherff and keep Cam if Cam continues to play the way he has this year.  Would love to get Little in at RG.

Cutting Jenkins post June 1st would save us 9 mil. Both Scherff and Jenkins have been good players for us but both would save us 25.5 mil. Thats enough to sign Josh Allen and some and could also keep Cam and tag Ridley

I like Jenkins but AJ or Dewey could fill that spot.

It would be 10.5 mil in dead money but would save 25.5 mil cutting Jenkins and Scherff post June 1st