Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Sample placed on IR

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 10:43 AM by JasP24.)

Quote:The only things I can defend Caldwell on 2013 are: His first draft as GM, terrible draft for most teams & he was using Gene Smith's scouts that year.

Definitely fair and valid points..2013 was pretty terrible talent wise, especially 1st round...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 10:44 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Definitely fair and valid points..2013 was pretty terrible talent wise, especially 1st round...

Just had a look at the 2013 draft to refresh my memory.

1. Eric Fisher - average right tackle

2. Luke Joeckel - poor left tackle

3. Dion Jordan - garbage, been suspended like four times

4. Lane Johnson - pretty good tackle but been suspended for 14 games

5. Ezekiel Ansah - great DE, was considered a massive risk

6. Barkevious Mingo - poor DE, been traded away

7. Jonathan Cooper - traded away

8. Tavon Austin - average WR

9. Dee Milliner - bad cornerback

10. Chance Warmack - most likely a bust, tacks didn't take 5th year option

That top 10 is a joke, One good clean player is historically bad.

Quote:Just had a look at the 2013 draft to refresh my memory.

1. Eric Fisher - average right tackle

2. Luke Joeckel - poor left tackle

3. Dion Jordan - garbage, been suspended like four times

4. Lane Johnson - pretty good tackle but been suspended for 14 games

5. Ezekiel Ansah - great DE, was considered a massive risk

6. Barkevious Mingo - poor DE, been traded away

7. Jonathan Cooper - traded away

8. Tavon Austin - average WR

9. Dee Milliner - bad cornerback

10. Chance Warmack - most likely a bust, tacks didn't take 5th year option

That top 10 is a joke, One good clean player is historically bad.

Keep going. That whole draft is a wasteland. DJ Fluker, Sharriff Floyd, Bjoern Werner, Cordarelle Patterson. And that's just the First Round. 

Imagine being a new GM who knows that he has to restock his roster and that is what you're looking at.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Dude is a waste of space.

Quote:Dude is a waste of space.

You two have that in common.

Draft Jabrill Peppers in the 1st.

Quote:You two have that in common.

One of my favorite posts I have seen on this board

;

;

Quote:Draft Jabrill Peppers in the 1st.
I like this idea

Can't one player return from IR during the season? Or no? 

Quote:Can't one player return from IR during the season? Or no? 

Yes, but they have to be designated as such when placed on IR.

Sample was not. He is done for the year.

;

;

Can Ramsey take his number now? lol

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 12:28 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Quote:Yes, but they have to be designated as such when placed on IR.

I was under the impression the NFL got rid of that "designation to return" and that all players on IR have a chance to return. The thing is you can only choose from one of them. 

EDIT: This is what I was referring to: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-from-ir/

Quote:Can Ramsey take his number now? lol
LOL this x100. 

Quote:Can Ramsey take his number now? lol

Ha, good point

;

;

Quote:I think the team had to make this move.

he hasn't played - so we don't know that he CAN play.

why keep him on the roster in that case?  Why cut him, when he hasn't played yet?

I don't believe his injury was season ending, but this is the only way to keep him

We know he can play. In fact he did before being put on IR last year. But a few snaps is not enough to judge him by.

If the injury is not season-ending, we can put him on the practice squad.

Quote:Yes, but they have to be designated as such when placed on IR.

They recently changed the rule. Now you just place players on IR. Once a player has been on regular season IR for six weeks, they are eligible for return, but teams can only return one player. So he might still be back.

I like Sample because of his incredible size-speed ratio. When ESPN recently predicted he'd go on IR, I doubted them, but they nailed it. He may still need a little more developing and polishing as a player, so hopefully that can happen during this extended time off for him.

Among the remaining S, I'm still thinking Jarrod Wilson beats out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but it's one or the other. Clearly Evans has won the backup SS spot.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM by Jags02.)

Quote:They recently changed the rule. Now you just place players on IR. Once a player has been on regular season IR for six weeks, they are eligible for return, but teams can only return one player. So he might still be back.

I like Sample because of his incredible size-speed ratio. When ESPN recently predicted he'd go on IR, I doubted them, but they nailed it. He may still need a little more developing and polishing as a player, so hopefully that can happen during this extended time off for him.

Among the remaining S, I'm still thinking Jarrod Wilson beats out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but it's one or the other. Clearly Evans has won the backup SS spot.

Exactly which works out perfect because he could be back by the 5th game, if IR counts this week of preseason and the bye week. 

Quote:Exactly which works out perfect because he could be back by the 5th game, if IR counts this week of preseason and the bye week. 

With the old rule, it was practice only after 6 weeks. Players had to miss 8 games (7 if there is a bye week). Did the NFL change that part?

If a very important player gets hurt and is expected to be cleared later, he will be activated instead of a third stringer who barely played.

Quote:Exactly which works out perfect because he could be back by the 5th game, if IR counts this week of preseason and the bye week. 

I'm unsure about the bye week, but the last preseason week certainly does not count. The counting starts when the regular season begins.

'02

How bad could his injury be to sit out all year?