Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It is time to face the facts! The Jaguars are a bad fooball team!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 08:07 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Opposition defenders have no fear that TL and the WRs will punish them if the D overcommits to pass rushing. If a team overcommits against Mahomes, he will punish them 9 times out of 10. If a team overcommits against TL, they will be punished 1 time out of 10.

Teams do not respect TL and the offence’s ability to punish a big rush. Because TL cannot read the field pre-snap, TL will miss the punishing read and take the short dump 90% of the time. The receivers drop half these and are cleaned up by a waiting defender on most of the catches.

This board continually complains that everyone else on the team needs to lift so that TL can shine. How about TL lifts a little and brings the rest of the club with him? At some point DP is going to be forced to sit TL for a less gifted athlete but in the hope that the #2 can actually read the game and deliver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think T-Law is struggling to read the field, because his freakin OC changes each half. Our play calling is so obtuse and convoluted - our Oline couldn’t block Pete Prisco coming off the edge, it’s rattling Trevor

I don't think Trevor is rattled. I think this offense is sleep walking. The plays were there today just like they were last Sunday. Guys didnt execute. It's that damn simple.

We were a dropped TD pass, a dropped 3rd down conversion, a 4th down conversion negated by penalty and a fumble away from winning today. It was those four plays plus the three blunders on special teams that cost us.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-24-2023, 08:20 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think T-Law is struggling to read the field, because his freakin OC changes each half. Our play calling is so obtuse and convoluted - our Oline couldn’t block Pete Prisco coming off the edge, it’s rattling Trevor

How rattled is he when the receiver drops the ball.   This isn't a defense of Trevor.  He can play better, but the whole team is choking right now.   U know Calvin Riddle can make those catches.   No way we give up a kr to to a fb.  This is spiritual.

Guys, i was just told by nejagsfan we are a top 10 team right now so everything is fine.

(09-24-2023, 09:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Guys, i was just told by nejagsfan we are a top 10 team right now so everything is fine.
They'll probably play like a top 10 team in London in back to back weeks and then proceed to [BLEEP] on the home crowd by getting beat by the clots. It feels like its out of spite.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I don't wanna start a thread so I'll say it here.

-I still "hate" Caldwell and think we need a new DC
-#83 is an idiot, he could have tackled the guy who returned that kick for a TD
-WTH is Trevor ignoring Kirk and Engram? I remember seeing a lot of Kirk highlights with the Cards and here he does nothing/gets ignored

Tbh I ain't even mad, I am tired of this crap.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-24-2023, 09:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Guys, i was just told by nejagsfan we are a top 10 team right now so everything is fine.
They'll probably play like a top 10 team in London in back to back weeks and then proceed to [BLEEP] on the home crowd by getting beat by the clots. It feels like its out of spite.

Didn't Denver beat us in London last year when they were the worst team in the league?  I don't think we win 2 games in London against Atlanta and Buf.  It would be nice I just don't see that happening right now.

After letting the rage calm down from that [BLEEP] show earlier, I fuly expect Doug to have this team whipped into shape this week.. dude looked furious.

(09-24-2023, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: After letting the rage calm down from that [BLEEP] show earlier, I fuly expect Doug to have this team whipped into shape this week.. dude looked furious.
Couldn’t agree more.

I think they let the off season hype get to their heads. I mean people picked them to be the #1 overall seed and some picked them to go to the SB.

They don’t play with a sense of urgency.

Losing at home to a bottom 5 team? That’ll wake them up.

They’ll beat the Falcons.

(09-24-2023, 09:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: After letting the rage calm down from that [BLEEP] show earlier, I fuly expect Doug to have this team whipped into shape this week.. dude looked furious.
Couldn’t agree more.

I think they let the off season hype get to their heads. I mean people picked them to be the #1 overall seed and some picked them to go to the SB.

They don’t play with a sense of urgency.

Losing at home to a bottom 5 team? That’ll wake them up.

They’ll beat the Falcons.

AWS and AI says they coach this team better. Maybe that is what is wrong. They have been running AI simulations instead of playing football.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-24-2023, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I don't wanna start a thread so I'll say it here.

-WTH is Trevor ignoring Kirk and Engram? I remember seeing a lot of Kirk highlights with the Cards and here he does nothing/gets ignored

He got undercut by the kicker, who was also trying to tackle him.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It's cooler and rainy this week. Long travel. I don't think they have enough time to practice hard and recover, plus it won’t be really hot.

Unfortunately there isn't much they can do during the week.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Meh

This is a team that is shooting itself in the foot much more than it is a bad team

Lots of room for improvement with the pieces that they have in place

Yes, the o line  and pass rsh will continue to struggle more often than not
But it really isn't a bad team, they've just had two consecutive weeks with an ungodly amount of mistakes we all thought were a thing of the past

You can see the imprints of press Taylor all over this team, the players may not even like that guy. If I don't like my boss, myself and others as well will screw off once he gets out of sight. I can see football players doing similar stuff, it would explain a lot of stuff ( like Trevor laughing ).

The defense just gave up, and Caldwell doesn't look to be very good either. I wanted him fired after last season but you can't do that to a guy in just his first season. Not when you ring off that many wins like that, good luck with your coaching tree doing that to people.

Rayshawn Jenkins is a piss poor safety.
What is walker even doing out there?
Fire baalke ive seen enough

Lawrence is whatever to me, that is not a top 10 quarterback as of now. Tom Brady wouldn't give a [BLEEP] about the bad o line. Etienne needs to be the focal point of this team. That guy is a gamebreaker who is gonna get himself hurt with how he runs with zero regard for his own safety. Might as well use him while he's here because he won't be playing long with his reckless disregard.

We've been playing horribly. I don't think we are a "bad" team at this point. Couple more weeks of the same [BLEEP] then yeah.

But as CJB said, Pederson was livid in that post game presser. I don't think this will last much longer. Remember the 2014 packers were 1-2, just lost to the Lions and Rodgers was on pace for his worst year ever? Rodgers won MVP, they were the #1 offense, and they went to the NFCCG. That was the famous R-E-L-A-X moment. I'm still confident they'll be fine. This offense is too talented to stay this course.

Do I have concerns? Of course. But I still feel 91% confident in this team.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I just don't think we can fix the line issues on either side of the ball until the offseason. Then I have zero confidence that Baalke will do so.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

While I agree we are in fact a bad football team RIGHT NOW, we have time to correct it. I would rather be slow/slugging in week 1-4 and really pick up steam in weeks 5+ where down the stretch you need to be playing your best football, than come out like Miami and likely peak early and fizzle out a little down the stretch. This team is way better than we are seeing, we saw it late last year..

The problem is, Trevor is not seeing the field well (has been a problem since his 1st NFL game) right now and whatever progress he made last year has seemed to be absent so far in 2023. Too much hero ball from him and trying to force passes to guys instead of just taking what's there.

The offensive line is also struggling to move the pile or create time for Trevor to operate, perhaps Cam returns off suspension and bolsters the line just enough to make it a top half of the league O line. Once those two things are fixed, this offense should cook.

Sure, the drops are there but every team deals with that.

ETN and Tank look like they're settling in just fine, it's the other guys who need to tighten up their play and we should be much better moving forward.

(09-25-2023, 01:52 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I don't wanna start a thread so I'll say it here.

He got undercut by the kicker, who was also trying to tackle him.

Not there, right after the catch, dude got juked by a freaking FB!!!! he thought the guy was going down and didn't really try to tackle him.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23