Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4 talk: Atlanta vs Jax

(09-26-2023, 07:36 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-26-2023, 03:48 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Need more info and what you're looking for specifically, but Philo is the cheapest for a basic streaming channel package I think at $25 per month.  If you need ESPN or NFL Network, then I think SlingTV is the next best bet on price.  I've used Sling before, but I'm actually satisfied with an antenna for locals with a DVR hooked up and then supplementing that with Disney+, MAX, Prime, Hulu and ESPN+ for streaming.  I don't watch a ton of TV though.

I’m enjoying Fubo.tv and ESPN+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many channels you get and the price?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2023, 02:21 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: What are the cheapest streaming app services with subscription?

I'm tired of free streaming sited with ads and lagging evert 2-3 mins.

What's good on the market today? Youtube TV? Xfinity?

i have xfinity at my condo, pretty awesome ngl. YoutubeTV is also solid, and if you have $$ get Sunday ticket, there was (idk anymore) a 1 week free trial + 250$ after. I think that promo has come and gone though. Watching 4 games at once was pretty legit! Smile

Youtube NFL Ticket, watch all out of market NFL games! Except Thursday, oh and Sunday Euro games... [BLEEP] hats.

Gene Frenette article on team going to London.

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...83_134ad33

“I’m really hoping that this trip, getting this at the right time. I think it’s a good opportunity for us to sort of reset a little bit,” Pederson said. “Be together and hopefully be away from distractions. Hopefully, be away from distractions around Jacksonville right now. We got a week to listen to the great publicity that’s coming our way and all of that.”

You better improve the team, Doug Pederson, or I shall shake my head in scorn with hands on hips. You don’t want that evil on you, Doug Pederson. Not. At. All.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/9/27/...-struggles

Hopefully, the turnaround happens Sunday.

Devin Lloyd had thumb surgery, out at least 2 weeks. Zay Jones likely out again this week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Interesting. I know folks are hit or miss on Lloyd. I think he was at least making some plays in coverage. He's the guy that's tipped two passes now in three weeks that should have been interceptions.

In a game where Atlanta is highly run heavy. I hope Muma is prepared to read and react quickly. Could be a silent killer if he's whiffing on tackles.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 12:12 PM by Jag88.)

The next two games are incredibly important. First game is first.

Let’s go jags,

If they come back home 1 - 4 from London? Stick a fork in them.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-27-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they come back home 1 - 4 from London? Stick a fork in them.

If the Jags tank this season, the only upgrades to the stadium will be umbrellas for shade.

(09-27-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they come back home 1 - 4 from London? Stick a fork in them.

Scary to think about.

(09-27-2023, 01:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

If the Jags tank this season, the only upgrades to the stadium will be umbrellas for shade.

If we tank, who are we taking? If we are picking top 5? Pass rusher? WR? OL? QB??? If we are picking top 5 barring injury is the Trevor Lawernce show on thin ice? 

I truly hope what we've seen so far is just the offense needing to ramp up. The Bengals are also 1-2 and they haven't looked all that great. Both teams have the QB in place, but everything else just looks "off" mostly, especially the Jags.

(09-27-2023, 11:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. I know folks are hit or miss on Lloyd. I think he was at least making some plays in coverage. He's the guy that's tipped two passes now in three weeks that should have been interceptions.

In a game where Atlanta is highly run heavy. I hope Muma is prepared to read and react quickly. Could be a silent killer if he's whiffing on tackles.

I wish Miller didn't get hurt

(09-27-2023, 03:24 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 01:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If the Jags tank this season, the only upgrades to the stadium will be umbrellas for shade.

If we tank, who are we taking? If we are picking top 5? Pass rusher? WR? OL? QB??? If we are picking top 5 barring injury is the Trevor Lawernce show on thin ice? 

I truly hope what we've seen so far is just the offense needing to ramp up. The Bengals are also 1-2 and they haven't looked all that great. Both teams have the QB in place, but everything else just looks "off" mostly, especially the Jags.

Tanking was the wrong word to use. I meant 'end with a losing season'. It's going to be hard to convince taxpayers to fund a stadium upgrade if the Jags lay an egg this season.

(09-27-2023, 05:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 03:24 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: If we tank, who are we taking? If we are picking top 5? Pass rusher? WR? OL? QB??? If we are picking top 5 barring injury is the Trevor Lawernce show on thin ice? 

Tanking was the wrong word to use. I meant 'end with a losing season'. It's going to be hard to convince taxpayers to fund a stadium upgrade if the Jags lay an egg this season.

I hate that this is true...  Honestly, as I read what you wrote, I thought about week 2 and week 3 of this season and then thought about Major League...

Tell me I'm paranoid.

(09-27-2023, 07:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 05:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tanking was the wrong word to use. I meant 'end with a losing season'. It's going to be hard to convince taxpayers to fund a stadium upgrade if the Jags lay an egg this season.

I hate that this is true...  Honestly, as I read what you wrote, I thought about week 2 and week 3 of this season and then thought about Major League...

Tell me I'm paranoid.

Well I guess there's only one thing left to do.

(09-27-2023, 07:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 07:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I hate that this is true...  Honestly, as I read what you wrote, I thought about week 2 and week 3 of this season and then thought about Major League...

Tell me I'm paranoid.

Somebody needs to send Pederson a cardboard cut out of Shad Khan.

(09-27-2023, 07:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 07:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I hate that this is true...  Honestly, as I read what you wrote, I thought about week 2 and week 3 of this season and then thought about Major League...

Tell me I'm paranoid.

Best reference all year.

Well done.

Hope they can pull out the win you guys!
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 09:59 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-27-2023, 01:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Yep. That was my intial thought as well. Bold of them to ask for anything after proving once again this franchise is afraid of success or cannot handle it outside of one flash in the pan year here and there.

Makes me ill. Begging for a nice little four to five years of hope. Hope, that's all. Just hope. I know it's a lot to ask for a Lombardi. So, I won't. But, can we just be a damn winning club that hovers above .500 for a few years?

(09-27-2023, 03:10 PM)Jag88 Wrote:

Scary to think about.
It's horrific. We're pissing away Lawrence's rookie contract because ownership decided to toil away with incompetent leadership for one year while selling a new coach on spoiled milk that had been sitting in the front office from the previous coaching staff and personnel department.

It's frustrating.