Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4 talk: Atlanta vs Jax

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 12:19 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-27-2023, 03:24 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 01:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If the Jags tank this season, the only upgrades to the stadium will be umbrellas for shade.

If we tank, who are we taking? If we are picking top 5? Pass rusher? WR? OL? QB??? If we are picking top 5 barring injury is the Trevor Lawernce show on thin ice? 

I truly hope what we've seen so far is just the offense needing to ramp up. The Bengals are also 1-2 and they haven't looked all that great. Both teams have the QB in place, but everything else just looks "off" mostly, especially the Jags.

If we end up with the #1 pick this year, you'd have to at least look into Caleb Williams.

Trevor would have to really regress for us to be that bad.

Now if by some insane miracle Lawrence continues to improve all year but the rest of our team is so bad we land the #1 pick, i'd imagine we could make out like bandits in a trade back to a team who wants Williams

Edit: Just going to clarify now before it's blown out of purportion lol, I do not think we will have the #1 pick and i think Trevor is the future of this team. It's just a wild hypothetical.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2023, 12:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 03:24 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: If we tank, who are we taking? If we are picking top 5? Pass rusher? WR? OL? QB??? If we are picking top 5 barring injury is the Trevor Lawernce show on thin ice? 

I truly hope what we've seen so far is just the offense needing to ramp up. The Bengals are also 1-2 and they haven't looked all that great. Both teams have the QB in place, but everything else just looks "off" mostly, especially the Jags.

If we end up with the #1 pick this year, you'd have to at least look into Caleb Williams.

Trevor would have to really regress for us to be that bad.

Now if by some insane miracle Lawrence continues to improve all year but the rest of our team is so bad we land the #1 pick, i'd imagine we could make out like bandits in a trade back to a team who wants Williams

Edit: Just going to clarify now before it's blown out of purportion lol, I do not think we will have the #1 pick and i think Trevor is the future of this team. It's just a wild hypothetical.
We won't have the top pick. We'll finish probably bad enough to be just outside the top 10.

I could see them maybe eyeing Brock Bowers at TE if he slips, which I doubt or Maason Smith or Leonard Taylor III at DT.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-27-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they come back home 1 - 4 from London? Stick a fork in them.

Eh, idk man. 

9-8 may win the AFCS again this year. 

I'm just not feeling that the clots, tacks, tinhorns are pushing more than 9 wins (any of them). 

Jags start 1-4? Sucks and not ideal, that's for sure.

Jags  afterwards can finish out 8-4?  Definitely possible. 

I wouldn't be feeling good about 1-4 after London,, but wouldn't quite be sticking a fork in them either.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 01:24 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, I expect Atlanta like all the other 31 teams will have a defensive game plan to put max pressure on TL. They know our O-line is extremely suspect and if they leave him time to look at the field he will with our receivers cut them to shreds. So DL will stop the run on the way to the QB and the linebackers stop the run. Offensively they will pass to open the run up as our pass rush is suspect..??????????
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I can’t believe I’m reading about the #1 pick on this thread.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 03:02 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-28-2023, 02:38 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I can’t believe I’m reading about the #1 pick on this thread.
Fans be crazy man.

It's bad here and I can't imagine what the Jets message board or Bears message board is like.

(09-28-2023, 02:38 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I can’t believe I’m reading about the #1 pick on this thread.

I can after 3 games is par for the course for a troll or muck stirrer.  Ignore...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

You haven't been a Jag fan very long, have you.

(09-28-2023, 03:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Fans be crazy man.

It's bad here and I can't imagine what the Jets message board or Bears message board is like.

I’d most likely be melting down right now too if I were a Jets fan haha.

(09-28-2023, 03:09 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

I can after 3 games is par for the course for a troll or muck stirrer.  Ignore...

Fair enough.

(09-28-2023, 06:11 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they come back home 1 - 4 from London? Stick a fork in them.

Eh, idk man. 

I'm just not feeling that the clots, tacks, tinhorns are pushing more than 9 wins (any of them). 

I wouldn't be feeling good about 1-4 after London,, but wouldn't quite be sticking a fork in them either.
This schedule is less forgiving than last year's. We're not sneaking up on anybody like we did last year. If they come back 1 - 4 they'll be lucky to capture 6 more wins.

We get the clots and tinhorns again. We still have the tacks twice.

We still have the 49ers, Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Bengals to get through.

We still have the rest of the NFC South to get through after Atlanta this Sunday.

This team is no longer trust worthy in the long run. Playing down to competition is what they're notorious for and there's a bunch of teams on here who we all thought they were clearly better than on paper.

It's going to be tough man. I won't ever make this mistake again as a fan with optimism. Classic Jaguars. Give you hope one year and then proceed to [BLEEP] the bed for a few more years.

The offensive line needs an overhaul. The defensive line is once again soul searching for it's dominate pass rushing presence or enforcer.

The "alpha" receiver we traded for will more than likely be a one and done type deal here and we'll have to backfill some of these other positions at some point from that big free agency haul we had last off season.

Of course. All this can be put to rest if they come home on the right side of .500 in October.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

According to Google we have only scored 50pts once?

Is that correct ?

(09-28-2023, 05:35 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: According to Google we have only scored 50pts once?

Is that correct ?

Trying to remember. I do remember that gloooooorious thrashing of the Dolphins in the playoffs in Dan Marino's final season. Believe that was 62-7

(09-28-2023, 05:35 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: According to Google we have only scored 50pts once?

Is that correct ?

You expecting some overdue offense this weekend?

(09-27-2023, 07:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 07:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Well I guess there's only one thing left to do.
Best reference all year.

Well done.

It's an annual obligatory post at this point.  I usually post the clip or .gif from the movie when we're in a losing streak and in our feelings around here.

(09-28-2023, 05:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Is that correct ?

You expecting some overdue offense this weekend?

Nah

Just had been watching dolphins game highlights and got me thinking

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 07:05 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2023, 05:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 07:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Best reference all year.

Well done.

It's an annual obligatory post at this point.  I usually post the clip or .gif from the movie when we're in a losing streak and in our feelings around here.

You should figure out how to put a Ground Hog Day and Major League gif into one all thing... All while showing the agony of Jaguar fans over the last 15 years..  You'd become a Face-tock-tube legend!!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 08:45 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(09-28-2023, 07:05 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 05:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's an annual obligatory post at this point.  I usually post the clip or .gif from the movie when we're in a losing streak and in our feelings around here.

You should figure out how to put a Ground Hog Day and Major League gif into one all  thing...  All while showing the agony of Jaguar fans over the last 15 years..  You'd become a Face-tock-tube legend!!

This is a Jaguars gif that encapsulates so much in such a brief amount of time.

[Image: giphy.gif]

To think the Lions came out and started the game throwing an INT, but their defense held GB to a field goal and the offense responded with a TD drive, and then they rode momentum to a big 21-3 lead. That is how you get early momentum and use it for the entire game.

(09-28-2023, 05:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 06:11 AM)jagherd Wrote: Eh, idk man. 

This schedule is less forgiving than last year's. We're not sneaking up on anybody like we did last year. If they come back 1 - 4 they'll be lucky to capture 6 more wins.

We get the clots and tinhorns again. We still have the tacks twice.

We still have the 49ers, Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Bengals to get through.

We still have the rest of the NFC South to get through after Atlanta this Sunday.

This team is no longer trust worthy in the long run. Playing down to competition is what they're notorious for and there's a bunch of teams on here who we all thought they were clearly better than on paper.

It's going to be tough man. I won't ever make this mistake again as a fan with optimism. Classic Jaguars. Give you hope one year and then proceed to [BLEEP] the bed for a few more years.

The offensive line needs an overhaul. The defensive line is once again soul searching for it's dominate pass rushing presence or enforcer.

The "alpha" receiver we traded for will more than likely be a one and done type deal here and we'll have to backfill some of these other positions at some point from that big free agency haul we had last off season.

Of course. All this can be put to rest if they come home on the right side of .500 in October.

THAT'S a bit of an overreaction. It's been 3 games and he was out of football over a year. Ridley will be fine
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jags are back to getting bad press. Things feel normal again. SMH