Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Bills Gameday***

(10-08-2023, 08:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 08:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hopped on a bills forum for a sec

Most fans there blaming the league for leading them like a lamb to slaughter - flying out to play a team who'd been overseas for a week to prepare + blaming their OC (familiar) + blaming dropped passes (familiar) + blaming the refs (familiar)

At least we don't jump through folding tables at our tailgates

The Bills mafia is a bit overdone. Had one group sit in front of me years back. All they wanted to do is talk about Kelly and OJ.  I told them that was before color TV, turn around and watch the game. By the 3rd quarter he had puked on the lady next to him and we got him ejected.

LOL
sounds about right!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was great to see a victory against a top tier team.

We were lucky to play them in London instead of Buffalo and at a time when they had so many players out injured.

The team played in a complimentary fashion in that the defense played lights out for the first 3 quarters while the offense controlled the clock and kept our defense rested.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Can someone explain the flag for Josh Allen's sack on our line in the 4th quarter?

It lead to bills TD

(10-08-2023, 11:44 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Can someone explain  the flag for Josh Allen's sack on our line in the 4th quarter?

It lead to bills TD

I think it's because he hit him high.  

I think it was questionable, because QB Josh Allen had pulled the ball down, which means it can't be "roughing the passer" because if he pulls the ball down, he's not a passer, and QB Josh Allen sort of ducked into the Jags' Josh Allen.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 03:11 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-08-2023, 08:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 08:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The Bills mafia is a bit overdone. Had one group sit in front of me years back. All they wanted to do is talk about Kelly and OJ.  I told them that was before color TV, turn around and watch the game. By the 3rd quarter he had puked on the lady next to him and we got him ejected.

LOL
sounds about right!

I read their message board posts as well, and frankly, i was a bit suprized at the level of thier whining. We had just as many bad calls as they did. I thought they were a tougher fan base than that. Those 90's fans were tough, getting blown out in so many SB's and still hanging tough with thier team. These fans seem more like snowflakes. Or maybe they are still butthurt by us ending their SB run in 96'. They haven't been back since.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-08-2023, 11:44 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Can someone explain the flag for Josh Allen's sack on our line in the 4th quarter?

It lead to bills TD
Best the announcers came up with was helmet to helmet contact. It wasnt supported by replay though.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(10-09-2023, 03:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 08:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL
sounds about right!

I read their message board posts as well, and frankly, i was a bit suprized at the level of thier whining. We had just as many bad calls as they did.  I thought they were a tougher fan base than that.  Those 90's fans were tough, getting blown out in so many SB's and still hanging tough with thier team. These fans seem more like snowflakes. Or maybe they are still butthurt by us ending their SB run in 96'. They haven't been back since.

I mentioned in the game day thread about how I like to win against the Bill because their fan base absolutely melts down more than any other. They’re whiners. 

It didn’t help that Rich Eisen was wearing their jersey when he called the game.

(10-09-2023, 03:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 03:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I read their message board posts as well, and frankly, i was a bit suprized at the level of thier whining. We had just as many bad calls as they did.  I thought they were a tougher fan base than that.  Those 90's fans were tough, getting blown out in so many SB's and still hanging tough with thier team. These fans seem more like snowflakes. Or maybe they are still butthurt by us ending their SB run in 96'. They haven't been back since.

I mentioned in the game day thread about how I like to win against the Bill because their fan base absolutely melts down more than any other. They’re whiners. 

It didn’t help that Rich Eisen was wearing their jersey when he called the game.

LOL

At one point I expected the camera to cut to a booth shot wherein Eisen wasn't actually watching the game but of in the corner building a shrine to Matt Milano where visitors could light a candle and pray for a negative X-Ray result.

Sidebar: If any of y'all saw the guy rocking a white Kevin Hardy jersey yesterday that the broadcast team filmed at the end of the game - that was my older brother LOL

Jags social tweeted a pic of him too and Hardy reposted it
Pretty cool - that captain's hat he's wearing received autographs this past week from MJD, Boselli, Lageman, Freddy T, Oluokun, RRH, and a few others

Needless to say, I'm bummed I couldn't make the trip!

Alot of complaints about the grass

(10-09-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sidebar: If any of y'all saw the guy rocking a white Kevin Hardy jersey yesterday that the broadcast team filmed at the end of the game - that was my older brother LOL

Pretty cool - that captain's hat he's wearing received autographs this past week from MJD, Boselli, Lageman, Freddy T, Oluokun, RRH, and a few others

I saw that, neat-o!

(10-09-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sidebar: If any of y'all saw the guy rocking a white Kevin Hardy jersey yesterday that the broadcast team filmed at the end of the game - that was my older brother LOL

Dude that’s amazing! He’s been all over social media.

Very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPMZRF35bQ

As an old dude, the 90s were the best of the NFL.  Just great overall team play would win out. 

Though I will say, the early and late 00 jaguars were also pretty legit...  Stroud and Henderson were the dudes that really opened my eyes to how a great D-Line can make a team.

(10-11-2023, 09:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoi7Bn01Bfo

These are so incredibly well done, I love it...

And I love this damn team man.

Lets go DUVALLLLLLLL!