Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6

Herbert is flawed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 11:25 PM by I am Yoda.)

I am so tired of the NFL media Herbert leg humpers! I never again want to hear him mentioned as a better qb than 16!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Herbert seems to have been a tad overrated by talking heads. He's still a good QB, but that was not an inspiring finish for him.

Had to drive for 5 hours tonight
Listened on Westwood One/SiriusXm radio
(man, Kevin Harlan's excellent radio call makes me despise Frangie even more LOL)
Anyway - from radio broadcast - seems penalties were a MAJOR stumbling block for both teams tonight but Herbert clearly missed big opportunities

Herbert shucks

(10-16-2023, 11:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Had to drive for 5 hours tonight
(man, Kevin Harlan's excellent radio call makes me despise Frangie even more LOL)
Anyway - from radio broadcast - seems penalties were a MAJOR stumbling block for both teams tonight but Herbert clearly missed big opportunities

Bring back Sexton.  Whatever complaints people had of him, his voice and calls are a million times better than Frangie.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 11:54 PM by I am Yoda.)

(10-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Bring back Sexton.  Whatever complaints people had of him, his voice and calls are a million times better than Frangie.

Doesn’t Frangie own 1010? IIRC, that’s how he got the gig?

Fix the O-Line!

(10-16-2023, 11:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Bring back Sexton.  Whatever complaints people had of him, his voice and calls are a million times better than Frangie.

Doesn’t Frangie own 1010?  IIRC, that’s how he got the gig?

Yes - that's a big part of it

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 01:19 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hebert is the most overrated QB in the league. His apologists will once again blame the coaches and the team, because it COULDNT POSSIBLY be him.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

J.P. Shadrick is a good play by play guy. He  works on the side for Westwood One.

(10-17-2023, 06:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Bring back Sexton.  Whatever complaints people had of him, his voice and calls are a million times better than Frangie.

J.P. Shadrick is a good play by play guy. He  works on the side for Westwood One.

Does he do excitement authentically?  I like his voice I just can’t imagine him calling exciting plays as well as other candidates.  Sexton sounded authentic and genuinely excited on big plays for the Jags.  Frangie sounds contrived by comparison.  Frangie’s voice also sounds like a truck getting slowed down going through mud on big plays.  Not sure how else to describe it.

I have no doubt Sexton loves the Jaguars. I also have no doubt Frangie loves himself and loves being the “voice of Jaguars” more than he actually loves the team.  The Steelers probably still come first in his heart.

(10-17-2023, 07:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 06:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: J.P. Shadrick is a good play by play guy. He  works on the side for Westwood One.

Does he do excitement authentically?  I like his voice I just can’t imagine him calling exciting plays as well as other candidates.  Sexton sounded authentic and genuinely excited on big plays for the Jags.  Frangie sounds contrived by comparison.  Frangie’s voice also sounds like a truck getting slowed down going through mud on big plays.  Not sure how else to describe it.

I have no doubt Sexton loves the Jaguars. I also have no doubt Frangie loves himself and loves being the “voice of Jaguars” more than he actually loves the team.  The Steelers probably still come first in his heart.

He doesn’t do Sexton level of excitement. 

The only gripe I have about Sexton is his transition from hype to disappointment. It’s instant and pronounced.

“Lawrence launches the ball to Ridley running for the end zone! Ridley is flat out with a defender in step!! RIDLEY DIVES FOR THE BALL!!! 

And he misses.”

(10-17-2023, 07:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 07:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Does he do excitement authentically?  I like his voice I just can’t imagine him calling exciting plays as well as other candidates.  Sexton sounded authentic and genuinely excited on big plays for the Jags.  Frangie sounds contrived by comparison.  Frangie’s voice also sounds like a truck getting slowed down going through mud on big plays.  Not sure how else to describe it.

He doesn’t do Sexton level of excitement. 

The only gripe I have about Sexton is his transition from hype to disappointment. It’s instant and pronounced.

“Lawrence launches the ball to Ridley running for the end zone! Ridley is flat out with a defender in step!! RIDLEY DIVES FOR THE BALL!!! 

And he misses.”

I always liked Sexton calling the games. JP has the perfect radio voice, though.

Fix the O-Line!

(10-17-2023, 06:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Shadrick should be the Jags voice.

He is worlds better than Frangie and easier to listen to than Sexton

(10-16-2023, 11:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Herbert is flawed.

Prescott isn’t worth his contract.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2023, 11:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Doesn’t Frangie own 1010?  IIRC, that’s how he got the gig?

I think that is also why the 1010xl girls happen to also be in Frangie's show, more than others

Good on Jim Irsay. 

It was probably Minshew’s performance incentive money.  Smile

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...70_134ad8d

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 09:49 AM by Mikey.)

(10-16-2023, 05:13 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 01:05 PM)Mikey Wrote: if it's against the rule he most certainly did.

Here's the question - if he takes the show over to his sideline and celebrates there, no flag? So why not just create a party zone for all your celebrations? I'm sure the penalty was meaningless in the grand scheme, but avoiding the flag probably saves him a few bucks from whatever the league decides to fine him (and they will, I'm sure).

Wonder how the video looked

About as good as you would expect from a person holding a phone while attempting a backflip.

Is it Herbert?

That coach gonna be fireded if they miss out on the postseason. No reason why they shouldn't be a contending team.

(10-17-2023, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 05:13 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Wonder how the video looked

About as good as you would expect from a person holding a phone while attempting a backflip.

Is it Herbert?

That coach gonna be fireded if they miss out on the postseason. No reason why they shouldn't be a contending team.

I read a rumor that the Chargers could be Belichick’s landing spot after the Patriots give him the boot.

(10-17-2023, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: About as good as you would expect from a person holding a phone while attempting a backflip.

Is it Herbert?

I read a rumor that the Chargers could be Belichick’s landing spot after the Patriots give him the boot.

I don’t think you fire a coach that brought you 6 rings.  I think Kraft almost has to allow him to leave on his own terms, whenever that may be.