Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6

(10-17-2023, 10:04 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I read a rumor that the Chargers could be Belichick’s landing spot after the Patriots give him the boot.

I don’t think you fire a coach that brought you 6 rings.  I think Kraft almost has to allow him to leave on his own terms, whenever that may be.

The argument could me made that Tom Brady brought them the rings. NE’s success since he left makes a strong argument for that. 

Unless a miracle happens soon, I think this is it for stoic Bill in Boston.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2023, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:04 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think you fire a coach that brought you 6 rings.  I think Kraft almost has to allow him to leave on his own terms, whenever that may be.

The argument could me made that Tom Brady brought them the rings. NE’s success since he left makes a strong argument for that. 

Good thing the team is in Foxboro.   Banana Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-17-2023, 10:04 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I read a rumor that the Chargers could be Belichick’s landing spot after the Patriots give him the boot.

I don’t think you fire a coach that brought you 6 rings.  I think Kraft almost has to allow him to leave on his own terms, whenever that may be.

And that's exactly what the rumor mill is saying. 
I think it is 100% speculation - but the talking heads are dreaming up a way Bill and Kraft part ways agreeably to let both parties move on -  and LA becomes the new hotbed for tattered sleeveless hoodies.

(10-17-2023, 10:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The argument could me made that Tom Brady brought them the rings. NE’s success since he left makes a strong argument for that. 

Good thing the team is in Foxboro.   Banana Laughing

Oh, you mean Foxborough?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7klgikojii7yitk11xg...y.gif&ct=g]

Rolleyes

(10-17-2023, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:04 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think you fire a coach that brought you 6 rings.  I think Kraft almost has to allow him to leave on his own terms, whenever that may be.

Bill apparently doesn't have the same knack for the offensive side of the game.  He needs a Brady at QB or competent offensive coordinator ala McDaniels or both to complement what he does on defense.  But make no mistake, he is one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game and at the very least those early Championships were as much him if not more so.  If he had a middling or better QB and offensive coordinator, they'd be a very good team and in the thick of things I think.  Veteran coaches generally don't want to stick around waiting for a star rookie QB to hopefully develop, so he may come to the decision of not wanting to "waste" any more years with a high draft pick QB and would prefer stepping in to a better situation now.  Though, if any coach has trade value, Belichick does.

To me, I think going out on his terms (if not a straight up retirement) could stem from a conversation between he and Kraft about how many more years he has left in him and where the state of the Pats roster is and not wanting to wait years to get it where it needs to be.  If he's under contract long term, it just makes more sense for both he and the organization for him to be traded to the right situation where the QB is a better than average veteran. That Chargers job should definitely be intriguing to him if it becomes available and if he does want out and does want to continue to coach.  Seeing him in a powder blue hoodie would be something though.  Not sure I want to see that happen.

How we feeling about Daboll winning COTY over Pederson?

(0-4)

(10-17-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: How we feeling about Daboll winning COTY over Pederson?

(0-4)

Considering he has Daniel Jones, actually better about it.

(10-17-2023, 02:59 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: How we feeling about Daboll winning COTY over Pederson?

(0-4)

Considering he has Daniel Jones, actually better about it.
Good point!!

(10-17-2023, 11:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 10:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good thing the team is in Foxboro.   Banana Laughing

Oh, you mean Foxborough?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7klgikojii7yitk11xg...y.gif&ct=g]

Rolleyes

And neither one is Boston.   Ninja
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-17-2023, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: Is it Herbert?

That coach gonna be fireded if they miss out on the postseason. No reason why they shouldn't be a contending team.

I read a rumor that the Chargers could be Belichick’s landing spot after the Patriots give him the boot.

Why would he want to do that? Spanos is a miserable owner, and dude's already in his 70's. That team has never come close to winning it all, and he'd probably have to reset a lot of that roster to fit what he does.

I still think that Kraft will give him a cushy office in the FO with little to no responsibility as a thank you for all the rings.

Watching the Jets Eagles replay. Wilson looks legit. He's better than Fields at this point.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-15-2023, 04:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: That browns D is going to murder our offense.

And, they beat the Niners.

It’s early, but they certainly aren’t murdering the clots offense.

Lions getting pulverized.

(10-22-2023, 02:00 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Lions getting pulverized.
Mid way in the 2nd Q and they have 10 offensive plays

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-22-2023, 02:00 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Lions getting pulverized.
BUT WHAT ABOUT HUTCHINSON!

(10-22-2023, 02:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 02:00 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Lions getting pulverized.
BUT WHAT ABOUT HUTCHINSON!

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1714674058158100557

The Patriots beat the Bills. *snicker*

Lions exposed. Bills aren't that good. Jags better than both.

(10-22-2023, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Patriots beat the Bills. *snicker*

Now we just need eagles to beat the dolphins
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-22-2023, 04:11 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Lions exposed. Bills aren't that good. Jags better than both.

I didn’t get to watch it and the score shocks me. I figured the Lions D would keep Lamar Jackson limited. Figured wrong.
Btw, am I the only one who thinks Lamar always looks high?