Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6 injury report

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report/

Can you say SMOOOOOT!!
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In my opinion, Big Smoot’s return could be a game changer for us. Improved pressure from inside could loosen things up on the edge. Of course Travon still couldn’t take out a one on one blocker, but Josh can benefit.

When we have Little, Smoot, and Hamilton back - we might just maybe see enough bolstering in the trenches to make a run

Maybe

I mean, probably not, but maybe?

I don't know

[Image: giphy.gif]

The news that Little isn't out for 2 months is really great. Whether he plays on Sunday or not? They thought he tore his MCL. I doubt he plays Sunday.

Smoot returning from an Achilles rupture is amazing. I tore my achilles back in 2017. I was in decent shape back then, and it took me almost 2 years before I could run and play soccer like before my injury. Of course, I'm not in any way near the same athlete as Smoot, nor was my health care at the caliber of his. I'm just saying that the achilles tear is a [BLEEP] to deal with.

If he can be around 100% by December, I think it's a win. I don't expect much from him right away. Same with Hamilton and his back. These aren't easy injuries you just come back from quickly. I think both of them will be eased back into the game over the next several weeks.

Did they ever reveal what happened to D Ham's back?

(10-12-2023, 10:58 PM)Jagsman Wrote: Did they ever reveal what happened to D Ham's back?
It's an infection.

They never said anything specific but used the non-football injury term. That made people think it was an injury outside of team activities. They never actually put him on that list though and recently it was said he had a picc line to get treatment at home. With him being sent away from the team, getting the picc, it makes it almost 100% that it is staph or similar infection.

As long as he was able to workout, he shouldn't need a lot of time to get ready. Just depends on how bad it was. I've seen MMA fighters somehow get cleared to fight and have no issues.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-12-2023, 02:57 PM)carp8dm Wrote: The news that Little isn't out for 2 months is really great.  Whether he plays on Sunday or not?  They thought he tore his MCL.  I doubt he plays Sunday.

Smoot returning from an Achilles rupture is amazing.  I tore my achilles back in 2017.  I was in decent shape back then, and it took me almost 2 years before I could run and play soccer like before my injury.  Of course, I'm not in any way near the same athlete as Smoot, nor was my health care at the caliber of his.  I'm just saying that the achilles tear is a [BLEEP] to deal with. 

If he can be around 100% by December, I think it's a win.  I don't expect much from him right away.  Same with Hamilton and his back.  These aren't easy injuries you just come back from quickly.  I think both of them will be eased back into the game over the next several weeks.

I would let Little rest up. we got 2 games in 5 days, let him have this time to heal and be fully ready after the long layoff. Certainly a lot better than rushing him back, reinjuring and dealing with a nagging thing.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 09:27 AM by Jag149.)

Updated for Thursday participation. Nice to see Hamilton practicing.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report/
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-13-2023, 08:35 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 02:57 PM)carp8dm Wrote: The news that Little isn't out for 2 months is really great.  Whether he plays on Sunday or not?  They thought he tore his MCL.  I doubt he plays Sunday.

Smoot returning from an Achilles rupture is amazing.  I tore my achilles back in 2017.  I was in decent shape back then, and it took me almost 2 years before I could run and play soccer like before my injury.  Of course, I'm not in any way near the same athlete as Smoot, nor was my health care at the caliber of his.  I'm just saying that the achilles tear is a [BLEEP] to deal with. 

If he can be around 100% by December, I think it's a win.  I don't expect much from him right away.  Same with Hamilton and his back.  These aren't easy injuries you just come back from quickly.  I think both of them will be eased back into the game over the next several weeks.

I would let Little rest up. we got 2 games in 5 days, let him have this time to heal and be fully ready after the long layoff. Certainly a lot better than rushing him back, reinjuring and dealing with a nagging thing.

Yeah I think the soonest we see Little back is after the bye. we may not even see Zay again until then either
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Tyson Campbell with a hammy. Ugh. That’s a mark of questionable and diminished play for weeks, if not months.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 08:13 AM by rfc17.)

Crazy that achilles used to be a career ender and now less a year later he is back.  As far as the difference in your recovery, I'm sure the level of care, intensity of rehab, and training is the real discrepancy.  I've had my share of sports injuries and I'm still not back to where I was.  Unfortunately never will be.  But if I had been paid to do nothing but rehab I'm sure I'd be in a much better shape than I am now.  I bet you would have been back to full health so much faster.

(10-16-2023, 07:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tyson Campbell with a hammy. Ugh. That’s a mark of questionable and diminished play for weeks, if not months.

yea that could linger.  and based on yesterday's performance by the replacements could be a major concern for us.