Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking into the crystal ball - 1st quarter

Quote:Not literally, but we will get beat bad.

I'm not so sure about that just yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not so sure about that just yet.

I know anything can happen but would be shocked if we beat the Packers.

0-4

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:I know anything can happen but would be shocked if we beat the Packers.

I wouldn't be "shocked".  Happily surprised yes.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I wouldn't be "shocked".  Happily surprised yes.

Yes, it would be a happy surprise.

Quote:Yes, it would be a happy surprise.

It would be a "happy ending".   :woot:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">September 11 - Jacksonville vs. Green Bay - I don't think this team can play at the level that Green Bay is at... yet.  I'm going to pick this game as a loss.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">We should have beaten Carolina in last year's opener.  So, while I realize the challenge - I do believe we can win this if we play clean football.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">September 18 - Jacksonville @ San Diego - Normally I would think that this could be a potential win with some of the drama in San Diego, but the fact of the matter is our team never plays well on the west coast.  I'll mark this game as a potential loss.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The travel effect is the only worry I have, I would expect a win if a home game.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">September 25 - Jacksonville vs. Baltimore - This should be a pretty good game, but I would think that the team could out-score the Ravens.  I'll mark this one as a probable win.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Very winnable.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">October 2 - *Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis - This game is marked with an asterisk because even though it's technically a home game, it's the game across the pond in London.  Historically the Jaguars haven't done well in the London games, but I do think that's turning around.  I also don't think that this is the same Colts team that we are used to.  I would mark this game as a win.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I would love a sweep of Indy.  I'd hope we could sweep the division, but Indy would be most pleasing if we couldn't get them all.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

GB: Aaron Rodgers laughs as Gus repeatedly calls the ice cream defense. Lights us up for 4+ TDs. Mike Daniels plants luke Joeck strap into the turf.

LOSS 40-21

@SD: Repeat of last year as Rivers carves up the soft zone defense and even runs for a few key first downs. Melvin Gordon scores his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd career TDs. Bosa looks like an All Pro going up against joeckel. The hits start taking a toll on Bortles as he plays with multiple nagging injuries.

LOSS 38-24

BAL: Jags jump out to a lead, but bobblehead Gus fails to make any adjustments at half. Flacco picks apart a new defense, 3 man rush with prevent zone. Scores the game winning TD and the frozen yogurt defense is born. Joeckel whiffs and Blake now has multiple broken bones and an arm concussion. But he vows to tough it out and play because he is the man. Gus throws a pizza party in the locker room for the almost win.

LOSS 30-28

IND: Luck parties like it's 2014 as Gus' ice cream froyo defense becomes an international embarrassment. Joeckel gets bull rushed across the English channel and into France. Bortles is now dead. Gus serves pizza at the funeral.

LOSS 42-20
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

2-2 with the losses coming from San Diego and Baltimore. I think green Bay is on the way down. Indy's line woes would make us swoon over Luke. West coast death and last minute loss to Flacco.

Quote:2-2 with the losses coming from San Diego and Baltimore. I think green Bay is on the way down. Indy's line woes would make us swoon over Luke. West coast death and last minute loss to Flacco.

Why do you think Green Bay is on the way down?

Quote:Why do you think Green Bay is on the way down?

I don't think their draft and replace method has been going well lately and their stars are aging.

Quote:I don't think their draft and replace method has been going well lately and their stars are aging.

You are blind if you think Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers are "aging" and regressed for that reason. Neither is Jordy Nelson. They have a lot of young guys. Who do you think is aging?

27-21 GB win.

30-19 Jags win.

24-17 Jags win.

31-24 Jags win.

3-1 I would be surprised. But I would be pretty happy with 2-2.

The homer in me sees 3-1, The realist in me sees 1-3 with our only win over Indy. Colts have a soft defense. Everyone on that list has a QB tho, and our defensive line looks like it isn't firing on all cylinders yet. I would not be OMG [BLEEP] shocked if we start 0-4. 

Quote:You are blind if you think Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers are "aging" and regressed for that reason. Neither is Jordy Nelson. They have a lot of young guys. Who do you think is aging?

Well, I'm very near-sighted so maybe you're right.

With a pretty young team,   the Jaguars should get better as the season moves on as long as injuries don't get out of control.    As the team is finding it's way,   I think a 2-2 or 1-3 start are the most likely outcomes.   I'll currently go with 2-2,  with one of the wins coming against the Colts in London.   The familiarity the Jags have in playing in London should help them against a Colts team that's currently dealing with numerous injuries.   One thing for sure,  Gus Bradley can't afford an 0-4 start.   Even with the team having plenty of youth,  the talent on the team seems too good to have a 4 game losing streak providing Blake Bortles remains relatively healthy.  

I can see 3-1 with the lone loss to the Packers. A couple weeks ago I liked the Jaguars chances in this game, but now the Packers just appear all around too solid for this team to handle, and Lacy will probably massacre our new defense. I'm hoping the loss ignites a fire under them, and that they take out their frustrations in San Diego with a win. This is also a revenge game from last year when the two teams looked identical aside from the Rivers scoring TDs in the red zone while the Jaguars kept having to kick FGs.

With the win, a little confidence should go a long ways. I like their chances to beat the Ravens and Colts, but by no means do I think either game will be "easy." I expect them to brawl, scratch and claw their way to victory. The Ravens run game scares me a tad, but I see Bortles and the Allens out-scoring them. As for the Colts, I'm hoping for a big win with the Jaguars starting to prove we have their number, but chances are it comes down to the wire.

'02

Familiarity with Wembley Stadium does not help with jet lag. We still lose five hours. I am picking a win there because the Colts still can't protect Andrew Luck.

Quote:Familiarity with Wembley Stadium does not help with jet lag. We still lose five hours. I am picking a win there because the Colts still can't protect Andrew Luck.

Ah, but the familiarity with the expected jet lag just might help a bit.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 08:29 PM by D6.)

Quote:Familiarity with Wembley Stadium does not help with jet lag. We still lose five hours. I am picking a win there because the Colts still can't protect Andrew Luck.

There's a lot more that's involved in playing a game in London than the flight.    Players are in a foreign country.   It's a vastly different environment.   You have media that covers the practices that's in much larger number than players are used to.    Distractions are the norm.   The Jaguars have dealt with this the last 3 seasons.   The Colts haven't.    These overseas games are closer to Super Bowl week than a typical NFL regular season week.