Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking into the crystal ball - 1st quarter

Quote:This board will get ugly after the Packers game. I doubt you will want to read any pregame threads before our trip to San Diego .

Nope.

Despite the sky is falling attitude from most after the 3rd preseason game and our shortcomings at HC this team is going to stick it to Green Bay in week one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see how this team stops Aaron Rodgers. That one could get ugly.

;

;

What we saw in the 3rd preseason game doesn't worry me or concern me.

Bortles, Hurns, JT, Robinson, HEALTHY Lee, Yeldon/Ivory, HEALTHY Linder, Cann, no Geno Atkins level player in the interior, Malik, Gipson, Ramsey, Jack, Fowler, House, Prince...this team is talented enough to get it done.

I like the positivity and I really hope they can do it but you all are setting yourselves up for major disappointment against GB.

Quote:Not literally, but we will get beat bad.
Please leave this board.

Quote:I like the positivity and I really hope they can do it but you all are setting yourselves up for major disappointment against GB.

There won't be any disappointment for me either way.

Quote:I know anything can happen but would be shocked if we beat the Packers.
Stop using "We" if you also root for 3 other teams.

Quote:As a voice of control and patience, I'm curious, if you are Jags brass, would you fire Gus if he starts 0-4? Considering talent volume and the potential to make the season respectable.

***I know we are starting 9-0, Omaha confirmed that much, just your take hypothetically.

BritJag,  first,  thank you for your thoughts in another thread the other day.   It's greatly appreciated!

If the Jags start out 0-4,  I think Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell have to seriously think about letting go of Gus Bradley.    None of the first 4 games are easy.   That's an understatement.    But as long as key injuries don't occur,   everyone of these games is realistically winnable.    If the Jags are competitive and lose the games more because of what the other teams do  (  all 4 opposing QBs are high quality  ),  then Bradley should have the opportunity to right the ship.   

On the other hand,   if two or more of the games aren't competitive,  the team isn't improving enough,  and coaching mistakes are made that signify problems with the Head Coach,   a change should occur.   Because Doug Marrone has prior NFL HC experience and had a winning season in the NFL,   he might be able to turn things around with the bye week giving him some time to implement change.

All I know is if Gus starts out 0-4, he's going to be fired.

Quote:Preseason is not over yet.

OK .... you can start a thread entitled *** THE OFFICIAL JAGS VS FALCONS PRESEASON GAME 4 THREAD ***  and carry on a discussion with yourself.

Enjoy !!

Quote:I don't see how this team stops Aaron Rodgers. That one could get ugly.

Rogers

Rivers

Flacco 

Luck

Our Defense looks way too confused to deal with the above QBs.

0-4

Quote:All I know is if Gus starts out 0-4, he's going to be fired.

You don't fire someone in Year 4 of a 7-Year Rebuild !!!

Firing Gus doesn't really change matters much though does it? Olson and Wash all run the system Gus wants to run, so what would taking him out do other than saying we got rid of him?

Quote:Rogers

Rivers

Flacco 

Luck

Our Defense looks way too confused to deal with the above QBs.

0-4

Not worried about Flacco. But Rivers has torched this team every time they have played under Bradley.

;

;

I am not sure how exactly, but I think we come out of it at 2-2. I think the Ravens game is a win, and then we get 1 from the other 3 games. I would be pleased with that result.

We're gonna get [BLEEP] rolled by the Packers.

We'll beat SD, Baltimore, and stomp the Colts. I see 3-1.

Quote: BritJag, first, thank you for your thoughts in another thread the other day. It's greatly appreciated!

If the Jags start out 0-4, I think Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell have to seriously think about letting go of Gus Bradley. None of the first 4 games are easy. That's an understatement. But as long as key injuries don't occur, everyone of these games is realistically winnable. If the Jags are competitive and lose the games more because of what the other teams do ( all 4 opposing QBs are high quality ), then Bradley should have the opportunity to right the ship.

On the other hand, if two or more of the games aren't competitive, the team isn't improving enough, and coaching mistakes are made that signify problems with the Head Coach, a change should occur. Because Doug Marrone has prior NFL HC experience and had a winning season in the NFL, he might be able to turn things around with the bye week giving him some time to implement change.

This is exactly the answer I would have given, but written better.

All those qbs are experienced enough to pick apart our defense. This Seattle d has been figured out, and at don't have the talent to make-up for it...

There's gonna be a ton of pressure on our offense to score tds.

I hope we can go 2-2 that would be a great sign. But Gus has not gotten this team to start a season strong during his tenure.

Quote:This is exactly the answer I would have given, but written better.

All those qbs are experienced enough to pick apart our defense. This Seattle d has been figured out, and at don't have the talent to make-up for it...

There's gonna be a ton of pressure on our offense to score tds.

I hope we can go 2-2 that would be a great sign. But Gus has not gotten this team to start a season strong during his tenure.
We haven't started strong due to the lack of talent on this roster. This is the first time in a long time where I feel like our players can't take over games, without needing a HOF coach.

Quote:What we saw in the 3rd preseason game doesn't worry me or concern me.

Bortles, Hurns, JT, Robinson, HEALTHY Lee, Yeldon/Ivory, HEALTHY Linder, Cann, no Geno Atkins level player in the interior, Malik, Gipson, Ramsey, Jack, Fowler, House, Prince...this team is talented enough to get it done.

Mike Daniels is a pretty damn good player. Hopefully he lines up against Cann... but probably not.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Mike Daniels is a pretty damn good player. Hopefully he lines up against Cann... but probably not.

Oh I'm aware of Mike. He's a Hawkeye and I know him well. I was hoping he would have made it here in FA. He is still no Atkins.