Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking into the crystal ball - 1st quarter

Quote:Oh I'm aware of Mike. He's a Hawkeye and I know him well. I was hoping he would have made it here in FA. He is still no Atkins.

This is true. Only a healthy JJ Watt and Aaron Donald are on Geno's level.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: crystal-ball-fat-lady.jpg]

Quote:This is exactly the answer I would have given, but written better.

All those qbs are experienced enough to pick apart our defense. This Seattle d has been figured out, and at don't have the talent to make-up for it...

There's gonna be a ton of pressure on our offense to score tds.

I hope we can go 2-2 that would be a great sign. But Gus has not gotten this team to start a season strong during his tenure.

Thanks!

Back after the draft,  I mentioned here in the Forum that I thought the Jaguars had a realistic chance of winning 10 or maybe even 11 games. 

Looking at the team's situation now,  the people that were concerned about the amount of youth on Defense probably assessed the team better back then than I did.    The Jags have one or more rookie or 1st year playmakers at all levels of their Defense.   Though the unit and overall team should improve as the season goes on,  major growing pains are probably going to happen.   At this time,  an 8 win season or a 9 win season if things come together somewhat more quickly, probably will be my prediction    A double digit season still is something I can see happening but it's probably not the most likely outcome. 

Quote:Mike Daniels is a pretty damn good player. Hopefully he lines up against Cann... but probably not.

Agreed,  regarding Mike Daniels.  He's quick, instinctive,  and relentless.

A huge key for the Jaguars against the Packers is to use the heat to their advantage.   Practicing in Wisconsin isn't going to prepare you fully for the heat and humidity of North Florida in the first half of September.   The Jags need to be patient with the running game.   The longer the Jags Offense is on the field,  providing the Packers don't get points off of turnovers or Special Teams,  the greater the chances that they can win this game in the 4th QTR.   

Quote:Nope.

Despite the sky is falling attitude from most after the 3rd preseason game and our shortcomings at HC this team is going to stick it to Green Bay in week one.

The sky has been falling for about 5 seasons with the last 3 under Bradley.  Thursday's pre-season game was simply a continuation of the norm...which is a disappointing performance the majority of the time (understatement for sure).

Logically, I don't see any knee jerk reactions from anyone who has a negative view of Bradley's teams thus far.  Until he proves the fans wrong every bit of criticism he receives is absolutely fair.

Or maybe since he has "only" had 48 games to show what he can do (and I mean coaching up players regardless of their caliber, i.e. get the most out of them) then maybe it is knee jerk to have criticism of a coach who's only been an NFL HC for that short of time?

Quote:Firing Gus doesn't really change matters much though does it? Olson and Wash all run the system Gus wants to run, so what would taking him out do other than saying we got rid of him?

I'm not advocating that a mid-season firing in advantageous...but this team lacks leadership, high standards and accountability.  Before we get to the 2017 season, we need a true leader at the top IMO.

0-4 start 

Thank you D6 and Anchor for your takes. Hopefully the team won't have to face an 0-4 situation. I believe the tide is turning in spite of last Thursday's output which I didn't consider nearly as alarming given the quality of opponent. A team is going to have down days, it's the overall body of work that counts in December.

Now, one thing I am a bit leery about is Coach Bradley's language when assessing players. He seems too positive in my view which could lead to comfortability in the players. Perhaps he is firmer to them in person, but hearing him laud Joeckel today was questionable to me, considering his spotty play. I get that he may have improved, but as a coach, you should strive for perfection. In that way, even when things go badly, they don't fall apart.

That's the issue some fans have with him; settling for mediocrity, reducing accountability on each individual's output. A recipe for inconsistent lackadaisical play. Still, with the talent on hand, I expect a drastic upturn for the franchise beginning this year. No predictions from me, I just like to watch and support the squad with fervor.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Last Sunday's output rather, not Thursday

I am not a fan of the editing feature
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.