Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS Week 8

(10-29-2023, 06:53 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 07:05 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 8-10 overall

Texans over Panthers
Colts over Saints
Steelers over Jaguars
Titans over Falcons

1-3
9-13 overall

(10-29-2023, 12:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Will Levis starting for the tacks. That almost guarantees a loss.

4 TD passes. Still way early but maybe we found our next QB. He looked good.

how about the upset pick i made with texans  loseing to panthers?  told you an upset was gonna happen.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Texans over Panthers
Colts over Saints
Steelers over Jaguars
Titans over Falcons

1-3
9-13 overall

(10-29-2023, 12:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Will Levis starting for the tacks. That almost guarantees a loss.

I’m a Kentucky fan and watched a lot of his games. Once teams get some film on him he’ll get wobbly. I would like to see the guy turn a corner but he was flighty and emotional in college. He tends to let frustration get the better of him.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 09:06 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-28-2023, 11:35 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am going contary
Steelers - we are way overdue for a letdown
Colts - better than I thought
Atl - tacks seem like they are falling apart
Tinhorns- fiesty team. Not a believer but panthers are bad.

I am pretty sure I went 0-4 this week. Whelp. 12-13 overall. I am glad the jags arent the letdown kind of team anymore. Wont pick against till they play someone good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-25-2023, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: From one 13-8 to another....thanks for getting the picks started. I think we're doing Bullseye proud to carry the torch of TWITAFCS as a community. Maybe he can surprise us with a guest appearance before the end of the season!

I'll also note that this is a unique week on the schedule in that there are zero byes - all 32 teams are playing with a trade deadline on the horizon. Does that possibly impact any games? We shall see.

Here's my picks, pretty close to OP's:

Duval 25 STILLERS 24: In most any other season, I look at our team riding a 3-game win streak and figure "they're due for a loss". But, I think we're turning a corner. The team wearing Hawkeye colors gives us a good run, but a late score and gutsy call to go for two gets us outta Yinzertown with the dub. 

INDY 26 aints 20: The unrest in NOLA is real. Carr is frustrated, and in spite of nearly coming back against the Jags, I don't have any confidence that Dennis Allen is a coach that is going to rally his team to victories. Myles Garrett gave Minshew fits last weekend, but the horseshoes still nearly got the win. Much like last Thursday, I expect this game to be a lot more lopsided than the final score.

failcons 30 stinking tacks (H) 5: The tacks are looking to play BOTH Will Levis and Malik Willis. I bet Vrabel would trade for Josh Dobbs if he were available.  Derrick Henry requires a shovel to be cleaned up off the field after the team finally achieves its goal of grinding him to a fine paste. ATL gets a few defensive scores and doesn't need to worry about their own stench at the QB position.

tinhorns 28 CAR 7: Ah, regret. The Panthers get a dose of what might have been. CJ Stroud makes em hurt.

ugh, what a week. Got the one that mattered. 1-3 drags me to 14-11.

(10-27-2023, 01:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 11-10
Jags
saints
falcons
tinhorns

13-12

(10-29-2023, 08:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 06:53 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-3
9-13 overall

I’m a Kentucky fan and watched a lot of his games. Once teams get some film on him he’ll get wobbly. I would like to see the guy turn a corner but he was flighty and emotional in college. He tends to let frustration get the better of him.

Falcons are near the league bottom in sacks and pressures. Levis will wilt when he faces a real pass rush.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-27-2023, 09:01 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: 11-10

Jaguars
Falcons
Texans
Colts

1-3 This Week
12-13 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-25-2023, 04:56 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Thanks to everyone for keeping this going yet another year. 

Been Good to us so far with the jags ahead in the div but certainly some promising young talent that is budding down here in the south.

This week, everyone is playing at 1:00 on Sunday

Our cats are on a heater and heading into a tough challenge up in Pitt. Sure to be a hostile environment against a very stout Defense led by TJ. But this is certainly a winnable game for our boys in teal.

Clots are hosting NO, who we all know is coming off a loss but should be well rested. Their star WR seems to be taking a page out of the Bulldogs book and found himself in jail for a traffic violation. Though, i don't think that will have a huge impact seeing as their QB is plum [BLEEP] average at best.

The Flaming Tacks are hosting the dirty birds from ATL who seem to be putting together a respectable season that many would say have way surpassed preseason expectations.

The Tinhornns are taking a trip to Carolina to put on a show between two rookie QBs that will probably end with the NC front office realizing they almost certainly got the wrong guy despite having the #1 pick last year. It's ok, we know how that feels, just not at QB LMBO.

Overall, i am sitting 13-8 coming into this week

My picks are:
Jags 
Aints
Atl
Tinhorns

2-2

15-10 overall

Texans over Panthers
Colts over Saints
Steelers over Jaguars
Titans over Falcons

1-3
9-13 overall

Reminds me of how excited the tack fans were after Mari-scrotum's debut.

(10-25-2023, 09:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 04:56 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Thanks to everyone for keeping this going yet another year. 

Been Good to us so far with the jags ahead in the div but certainly some promising young talent that is budding down here in the south.

This week, everyone is playing at 1:00 on Sunday

Our cats are on a heater and heading into a tough challenge up in Pitt. Sure to be a hostile environment against a very stout Defense led by TJ. But this is certainly a winnable game for our boys in teal.

Clots are hosting NO, who we all know is coming off a loss but should be well rested. Their star WR seems to be taking a page out of the Bulldogs book and found himself in jail for a traffic violation. Though, i don't think that will have a huge impact seeing as their QB is plum [BLEEP] average at best.

The Flaming Tacks are hosting the dirty birds from ATL who seem to be putting together a respectable season that many would say have way surpassed preseason expectations.

The Tinhornns are taking a trip to Carolina to put on a show between two rookie QBs that will probably end with the NC front office realizing they almost certainly got the wrong guy despite having the #1 pick last year. It's ok, we know how that feels, just not at QB LMBO.

Overall, i am sitting 13-8 coming into this week

My picks are:
Jags 
Aints
Atl
Tinhorns

7-13 overall.

My picks this week:

Jags over Squeelers
Falcons over Tacks
Tinhorns over Panthers
Saints over Clots