Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
England to ban smoking cigarettes

https://www.the-sun.com/health/9567501/s...be-banned/

Here is the problem with centralized healthcare in my opinion. If the state controls healthcare they get to dictate behaviors. Yes I get it smoking is bad and should be discouraged but that's different then saying it's now banned and eventually illegal for the greater good of healthcare system. 

Next step is outlawing fatties and carbs. Then maybe we should mandate aborting unhealthy fetuses. Where does it stop? 

I know Europe is a different animal than what we have here but make no mistake about it, if our politicians could take this type of control they would in a heartbeat
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When I pay for something I have a vested interest in it. That applies to your life if I'm spending money to keep you alive
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2023, 10:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: When I pay for something I have a vested interest in it. That applies to your life if I'm spending money to keep you alive

It's a valid argument, and one of the biggest reasons to oppose centralized healthcare if you care about individual choices.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 11:19 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

People say there are better arguments for banning tobacco than banning marijuana. Not sure I agree but it is a close call. I would rather both were legal 21 and up, with more information on the label about expected content of nicotine and THC respectively.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-07-2023, 11:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: People say there are better arguments for banning tobacco than banning marijuana.  Not sure I agree but it is a close call.  I would rather both were legal 21 and up, with more information on the label about expected content of nicotine and THC respectively.

Don't get me started on the 18-21-35 bull [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2023, 07:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 11:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: People say there are better arguments for banning tobacco than banning marijuana.  Not sure I agree but it is a close call.  I would rather both were legal 21 and up, with more information on the label about expected content of nicotine and THC respectively.

Don't get me started on the 18-21-35 bull [BLEEP].

What if I want you to get started on it?

The dang British and French smoke like we drink bottled water. They are still so far behind that they still think it's elite and classy to have smoke coming out of their mouths like a dang steel mill factory.

(11-08-2023, 08:17 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 07:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Don't get me started on the 18-21-35 bull [BLEEP].

What if I want you to get started on it?

This is why people think you're an [BLEEP].

(11-10-2023, 03:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 08:17 AM)mikesez Wrote: What if I want you to get started on it?

This is why people think you're an [BLEEP].

I just want to know what he means by 18-21-35 BS

Does he think a 2 year old should be allowed to be President?

If an 18 year old can die for his country then denying him the agency to buy beer, cigarettes, or guns seems to be tyrannical.

(11-10-2023, 11:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If an 18 year old can die for his country then denying him the agency to buy beer, cigarettes, or guns seems to be tyrannical.

Yeah.  It doesn't have to be systematically logical though.  Unfortunately the body is at peak performance when the brain is not.  The female body usually has its athletic peak around age 16!  But both males and females don't have mature personalities until about age 25.

Interesting. The alternative would be vaping I would imagine. Which, the cynic in me sees that there's more monopolization there for tobacco companies. I bet the average cost between the various vaping machines and devices, the USB chords, the power needed to use them, the flavors, etc. I bet there's more money to be made there Vs. just having rolled up cigarettes.

I don't personally smoke but how else would you find or derive nicotine? You would still need tobacco farmers, no? So, planters stay in business there, maybe? While also adding other layers to the product and production lines. Makes sense. This is what's happening in the video game industry now. You buy a base product, then you just pay for a subscription fee, cosmetic upgrades in the game, weapons, downloadable content, etc.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-10-2023, 07:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 03:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is why people think you're an [BLEEP].

I just want to know what he means by 18-21-35 BS

Then just say that instead of sounding like an [BLEEP].

(11-13-2023, 03:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 07:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just want to know what he means by 18-21-35 BS

Ma'am? 

I believe that to be impossible!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-13-2023, 03:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 07:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just want to know what he means by 18-21-35 BS

I only have two modes.  Casual and snarky or formal and overly explained.  Please think of my wife and her pain.

Banning [BLEEP] in England. Who woulda thunk?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 08:33 PM by americus 2.0.)

(11-13-2023, 03:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 03:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then just say that instead of sounding like an [BLEEP].

Ma'am? 

I believe that to be impossible!!

We can always hope.

Cigs are very bad for you ladys and gentlemen.