Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cuts

Quote:No actually i watched him all last season,and at the scrimmage game and all this preseason games... I have seen enough to judge him! Do you remember seeing him get toasted on the edge by Mccaron on the third down? Who am i fooling i know the answer to that question! But since i am soo blind, enlighten me of the qualities that make Odrick a good player?

Watch that play again. Odrick lined up inside at DT as part of the lightning pass rush package. He wasn't the one who failed to contain McCarron, but he was the only one to even try to chase him down.

Overall, Odrick is a big end in Gus' system, a position where run defense is emphasized, yet he still put up decent sack numbers last year with little help from the rest of the DL. That's a lot more than Alualu or Red Bryant ever did. If you want a pass rusher at LDE, you are not going to see it as long as Gus is coach except on pure passing downs. Y
ou might as well demand to win the lottery.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah! The connection between those two things is so obvious!

I did a lot of blinking when I read the response. Yeah, I never found the connection either.

Quote:Sometimes I am not sure if people are positing predictions or official reports unless a link is posted.

Nic Jacobs had a nice catch Sunday night. I thought he would survive the first round of cuts.

The one he got called for pushing off?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Two weeks ago you were telling me Jacobs was a lock.

I like Bowman. A lot. But if the coaches think they can stash him without him getting swiped he's a good PS candidate. If they like him as much as I do and are legitimately concerned of losing him, he'll make the cut over Sterling.

Could go either way.

Sterling has ST experience with this unit, another year in the system and knows the WR route tree.

That gives him a versatility edge.

I like them both, and I love Bowmans upside but I think Sterling has a slight edge in the competition.

Whoa... I never said Jacobs was a lock. I merely predicted him to edge out Koyack for the final TE spot alongside Julius, Marcedes, and Braedon.

We'll see. I just see vast potential in Bowman who I feel will develop into a starter, and I'm hoping its enough to outweigh Sterling's experience in the system and versatility to also play WR. I can also see a situation where the final two TEs are Bowman and Sterling especially if Koyack has yet another drop in the last preseason game.

'02

John Sullivan was released by the Vikings today in a cost cutting move. He has been a solid Center for years and would give us the flexibility to move Linder back to guard or at the very least, would provide depth at a position of need. I say we make a move for the guy.

Quote:John Sullivan was released by the Vikings today in a cost cutting move. He has been a solid Center for years and would give us the flexibility to move Linder back to guard or at the very least, would provide depth at a position of need. I say we make a move for the guy.

We have A.J. Cann at RG. Why would you want to move Brandon Linder back there?

Quote:We have A.J. Cann at RG. Why would you want to move Brandon Linder back there?

Obvious troll is more obviouser by the day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:We have A.J. Cann at RG. Why would you want to move Brandon Linder back there?

Duh..... You move Linder to LG, genius!

They are not moving Linder.

It's been mentioned multiple times that they want a Manning/Saturday coupling between Bortles and Linder. He's not moving.

Tweet from Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) - The #Jaguars have waived/injured second-year WR Tony Washington, the club announced today.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/771029478558539777

Looks like Caldwell is pulling the IR trick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Tweet from Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) - The #Jaguars have waived/injured second-year WR Tony Washington, the club announced today.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/771029478558539777

Looks like Caldwell is pulling the IR trick.

Signing incoming 

Quote:Signing incoming 
Come on Schwartz

Quote:Come on Schwartz
yes plz get the Joke off the field

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Duh..... You move Linder to LG, genius!

The above poster wrote back to guard. That means he would return to his old position, which was RG.

Quote:The above poster wrote back to guard. That means he would return to his old position, which was RG.

Only to someone purposefully interpreting it that way.

Or just you.

But I repeat myself.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Only to someone purposefully interpreting it that way.

Or just you.

But I repeat myself.

I know what "back to" means: returning to where you were.

Former #Jaguars pass rusher Ryan Davis worked out today with #Colts, per source. There's interest there.

Davis: 11 sacks in 38 NFL games.